Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

But he didn't really have one chance where you could say he should score from.

No he didn't but his attempts were so far wide it was just ridiculous.

If he didn't have a chance that he should have scored from he shouldn't have shot.

6 shots, all off target. It isn't good enough at this level, especially when combined with a 65% pass rate.

Effort can only get you so far.

i don't think dropping him will do him any harm at all.... he just seems to be trying so hard, and doesn't know how to make things right...

take him out of the firing line.... get him back to basics - build up his confidence again, and reintroduce him with a little less pressure on him - getting the best out of young developing talents is what lambert's being paid the bucks for - lets see him earn those with andi (and matty lowton.... and joe bennett.... and marc.... and tonev... and bowery... and helenius....) having a squad of players only works, if we can interchange them as and when we need to...

Definitely think he needs a few games out of the firing line. Been a big dissapointment so far.

Really didnt think I'd be saying that so soon because Benteke, Weimann and Gabby were exceptional in the run in last year, kept us up without a doubt. Still young players bring inconsistency I guess so it should be no surprise to see the ups and downs in form going on throughout our squad.

So what are the other options bringing in Tonev, Helenius? think they deserve a few games run to be honest. Lambert is all about competition and being there on merit, he's got to back that up. 

While i think he should be dropped for a few games to get his form back, Ii think people are get frustrated at the lack of flair/creativity that the team has.

Weinman is playing on the wing but he lacks flair a position where you would normally associate with creativity.  His pace has pulled him out allot over the last year.  Also keep in mind if we add flair to the team then it will probably reduce work ethic.

I'd be more worried if Weimann wasn't getting into goalscoring positions. He will start scoring again soon but not if we leave him out. He'll be better now Benteke is back. I am more worried about the form of Agbonlahor to be honest. Hasn't scored this season and doesn't look like scoring either. He was brilliant at the end of last season and at Arsenal.

he hit the side-netting with one of his attempts  :rolleyes:

and the left foot volley he hit in the first half wasn't a bad attempt. Also if Tonev had crossed it better then Weimann was in for a goal. Every week we all say how crap Weimann has played but then you think of the winner against City and the run that gave us the free-kick in the same game. The open goal he created for Agbonlahor against Norwich. We'd be on 7 pts now and deep in trouble without him. I hope we stick with him. 

and the left foot volley he hit in the first half wasn't a bad attempt. Also if Tonev had crossed it better then Weimann was in for a goal. Every week we all say how crap Weimann has played but then you think of the winner against City and the run that gave us the free-kick in the same game. The open goal he created for Agbonlahor against Norwich. We'd be on 7 pts now and deep in trouble without him. I hope we stick with him. 

What about the amount of misses at Chelsea? What about yesterday when Luna put one on a plate for him? Which open goal did he create for Agbonlahor? Weimann has been awful this season and a few little highlights doesn't hide that for me.

What about the amount of misses at Chelsea? What about yesterday when Luna put one on a plate for him? Which open goal did he create for Agbonlahor? Weimann has been awful this season and a few little highlights doesn't hide that for me.

The 2nd half at Norwich. He hasnt been at his best I agree but he's not alone. At least you know he's going to run his socks off. Late on yesterday he ran back and tackled Townsend and then got fouled. His attitude can never be faulted! Drop him and pick Tonev you'd notice what we loose.

The 2nd half at Norwich. He hasnt been at his best I agree but he's not alone. At least you know he's going to run his socks off. Late on yesterday he ran back and tackled Townsend and then got fouled. His attitude can never be faulted! Drop him and pick Tonev you'd notice what we loose.

Who said anything about his work-rate? Bottom line is Weimann runs around alot but his end product is rubbish and has been for a while. He's wearing the number 10 shirt, so start acting like one.

He's not playing as a number 10. Perhaps if he did play off Benteke he might do better.  In fact his best game this season was when he played down the middle against Man City. If he can do that with Kozak, just think wha he could do with Benteke. A rethink is needed Lambert!

Edited by PaulC

City was far from his best game. He was annonymous save for a random hoof and winning a free kick after failing to control the ball on a dribble.

I like Andi a lot. But he just needs a drop for a little while. It's not an indictment of his talents, just a drop in form.

Â