Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's good enough IMO. However NRC and Makoun should be our pairing. He should be coming on for the last 30 minutes, not Petrov (who IMO should not play again.)

I was at the game today and he did well for the first half hour and after that was hit and miss. I like him though and he certainly as a bright future as do a number of our players. Its the managerial situation that needs sorting not the player side.

Do you ever stop moaning about Houllier???

He's good enough IMO. However NRC and Makoun should be our pairing. He should be coming on for the last 30 minutes, not Petrov (who IMO should not play again.)

Delph would be great to bring on for the last 20 or so minutes of a game. I'd put Petrov down as our number 4 CM now.

Well I dont think he is currently good enough to start for us. So maybe loaned to a lower table side who are in need of a CM

Completely disagree.

For me NRC, Makoun and Delph should be the main 3 competing for the central midfield roles.

There's no point loaning one of our best prospects to teams we're now competing with! :shock:

He's far too good for the Championship.

Well I dont think he is currently good enough to start for us. So maybe loaned to a lower table side who are in need of a CM

Umm... We are a lower table side who are in need of a CM.

Delph would be great to bring on for the last 20 or so minutes of a game. I'd put Petrov down as our number 4 CM now.

I don't think Petrov is up to it anymore, I'd rather see Bradley, showed some nice touches against City, just needs to get with the new pace of the game.

Delph is still recovering from an injury-stricken 18 months and remember he was a relatively inexperienced youngster in his first season with us when he got injured - so he is effectively still learning at the same time as getting his match confidence back. He needs match time and clearly will be rotated along with the rest of our midfielders. I think Houllier will start NRC and Makoun in the next match.

NRC and Makoun SHOULD be our CM p-artnering for now. Delph should be brought on as a sub regularly.

This for me, although I wouldn't mind seeing a three with Delph pushed into the ACM role and Ash back out on the wing.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe Villa said not to put him in the squad in case he aggravates his injury, can teams do this at U21 level?
They can ask, like they can of the senior side. I think @ U21 level there's more help given to the clubs re- injured players whereas the senior side take the approach that they'll do whatever they like.

NRC and Makoun SHOULD be our CM p-artnering for now. Delph should be brought on as a sub regularly.

Very likely NRC will be gone in the summer unless we supposedly stump up the extra 10k a week he's asking for or if he has a change of heart.

Â