Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Id say your more likely to get a game at LB than Warnock

I'm waiting for a reply. My demands are very reasonable. Primarily that the opposition be Blackburn Rovers :)

I personally would have no problem with you playing LB against Blackburn Rovers. Your knowledge of statistics would be priceless in a back 4 struggling to play a percentage game!!! :D

Delph bossed the midfield against United. So I have seen him boss a midfield.

is that the one where Man Utd taught us a lesson in playing with 10 men??

Dint boss it enough to get us 3 points did he?

You sure he just didnt play well?

Lets stop overhyping our players and then wen we dont get a champs league spot in the next few weeks, we wont be so disapointed.

Crazy talk.

If theunderstudy is talking about the game I'm thinking of - it was the game where MON took him off at half time and the majority of people that I spoke to thought he was our best player up until then. (Also.. as he was taken off at half time.. he can't be blamed for us not picking up 3 points).

And.. Did anyone on here watch much of Leeds before we bought Delph? Because I know that someone commented earlier that he might have played leftback for Leeds at his time there.

Delph bossed the midfield against United. So I have seen him boss a midfield.

is that the one where Man Utd taught us a lesson in playing with 10 men??

Dint boss it enough to get us 3 points did he?

You sure he just didnt play well?

Lets stop overhyping our players and then wen we dont get a champs league spot in the next few weeks, we wont be so disapointed.

Crazy talk.

Actually Delph was subbed very early by MON, for some reason. We were poorer without him playing that day.

Shamefully I was sitting with 5 united friends in the Holte, they were buying tickets anyway and asked if I wanted to go...weren't going to say no! all of them said they had never seen him before and thought he was the best player on the pitch and didn't have a clue why they bought him off. It's easy to see why he was bought off, O'Neill always bought off the obvious players, when did Petrov or Milner ever get substituted?

That what was so bizarre about the damn thing!

1) MON never makes subs before 70 minutes

2) He never subs at half time at all!

3) Delph was in charge of the game, I remember watching it thinking he was great.

Then he was subbed and I could not make head nor tail of it.

Cmon guys, if he was bossing it, he wouldnt have been taken off

No no, they took him off so none of the other managers could see how good he was and try and poach him...he only plays at special occasions now. :D

That what was so bizarre about the damn thing!

1) MON never makes subs before 70 minutes

2) He never subs at half time at all!

3) Delph was in charge of the game, I remember watching it thinking he was great.

Then he was subbed and I could not make head nor tail of it.

Look, there is nothing more that I want than to have a genuine superstar on our hands. However, from what i have seen, we have a very promising player who is very comfortable on the ball who struggles with injuries.

Whatever you say about Martin O'Neill, the guy is not totally daft. Not only would he not take off a player bossing the game, he wouldnt then never play him again (of course his injury got in the way but not sure wen that all fits).

MON probably felt it was necessary to keep experience on the field (who did he come off for)?, in order to get a point off a Man Utd team containing Wayne Rooney who was battering us IIRC.

He was probably playing well, I have no doubt, but thats not bossing the game, that was just probably a young confident player playing with freedom and ultimately naivity.

I do feel we big these kids up way too much. I hope they do go onto be superstars but there not developin fast enuff imo. Some played in the reserves yesterday who got stuffed by Wolves

Whilst I can't bring up a link supporting it I am certain MON said that Delph was tired, hence he brought him off. I remember it as I thought it was funny at the time given Petrov was still on the pitch, and not once did MON ever consider substituting him for tiredness in any game... in fact on that basis I still find it amusing.

I happened to bring 2 neutrals along to that game and they both thought Delph was our best player on the day and were shocked to see him leave the field so early.

I'm not sure I buy into all the superstar hype but I do think he will become a very good player for us.

Skysports.com understands Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph is poised to sign a new deal at the club.

Delph, who started Wednesday's FA Cup defeat at Manchester City in an unfamiliar left-back spot, is expected to sign a contract extension to keep him at Villa Park until the summer of 2015.

The 21-year-old joined Villa in the summer of 2009 in a big-money move from Leeds after Villa beat a host of clubs to his signature.

Delph impressed during his first season in the Midlands before he suffered a serious cruciate knee ligament injury which ruled him out of action for several months.

The England Under 21 international battled back to fitness and made his first-team return in the defeat to Tottenham last Decemeber.

Delph is highly-regarded within the corridors of Villa Park and Gerard Houllier has moved to secure his long-term future with a new contract.

Sky Sports

Â