Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

OH well, if it is all true...you wonder how much the PR machine at Villa had a hand in it all.

If the clause is true, it all kind of falls into place...works well for Delph of course...but in return has to do the PR video to give fans something they want to hear.  Cleverly, the club almost have no-one looking at them...Delph takes the fall for the easiest pay day anyone could ever have.

• Like 1

not a chance he will be a revelation at City. Im so confident of that. MIlner and Barry were clever players, Delph is furthest thing from that he is headless at times.

be shocked if he gets 15 league starts next season

• Like 1

This is a blow however.....

The one thing we have lacked for far too long is goals from centre midfield.  I'm not talking 20 goals a season but say 8 or so goals from the centre of the park.   Whilst Delph is a fantastic player he wasn't giving us that.  Finding those players is tough but like a few others I'm not too disheartened by him leaving providing he is adequately replaced (Gueye is eplacing Cleverly) by someone who can chip in to our god awful scoring stats!

• Like 1

I don't really care tbh. That's not sour grapes at all, he's a decent enough player but let's be frank Barry and Milner were better, he won't make it as a cast iron first teamer at oil fc, frankly I don't care if he does. He's combatative but that's about it, he's scored what 4 goals and 10 assists in 100 games? He's looked great when surrounded by sh#t, I think it would have been wrong to build a team around him. The FA cup final should have been a watershed moment for our club, barring Grealish because of his age every single one who took the field and was found wanting (as was Delph and Benteke) should be dispensable to us as fans, simply put they're not good enough and we deserve better. I don't care if we get a reputation for being to picky or to fussy, frankly I'd sell them all tomorrow I support the club not the player, you all should to loyalty and respect work both ways, Delph (or shelf as he'll become known when he's not at the euros) hasn't got any respect for us, nor should we have any for individual players again, this is the modern game.

People trying to wish him well, lol city are a rival I hope he does a cruciate day 1, the days of goodwill and sporting fairness died a long time ago

We are a team that has been in consecutive relegation battle yet top clubs want our players. Something doesn't equate. I walked away from the final angry because I did not appreciate the effort from the players. Truth is Delph and others were most likely thinking they'll be back next year with another club. For what it is worth I think he is a top player albeit one who has been happy to use us through tough times in his career. Football is a disgrace, Villa is in my blood and it will never change but sometimes I wonder what is the point of supporting anything outside of the top 4. As for the long list of lies he fed us in January there isn't much left to be said. He is not bothered. He will be sorted for life and will not give a second thought to us fans or this football club.

I would like to retract some of this. I have made a huge mistake. He is bothered! Up the Villa!!!!!

Edited by ReasonforRevolution

I don't think there's much between Milner and Delph myself. But then again I don't really rate Milner save for his last season with us. I mean he's a consistently good player, but nothing special, similar to Delph.

Modern football sucks

Modern footballers suck

TV deals suck

The champions league sucks

Agents suck

Sky sucks

FFP sucks

Homegrown player rules suck

Man Citeh suck

The only thing that doesn't suck are the fans. But we get treated like sponges. "Oh give em some spiel about loving the club and they will lap it up"

We pay our money and it all feels so fruitless now. I am 52 and I am pretty much resigned to never seeing Villa win another thing in my lifetime

It all sucks

This is a blow however.....

The one thing we have lacked for far too long is goals from centre midfield.  I'm not talking 20 goals a season but say 8 or so goals from the centre of the park.   Whilst Delph is a fantastic player he wasn't giving us that.  Finding those players is tough but like a few others I'm not too disheartened by him leaving providing he is adequately replaced (Gueye is eplacing Cleverly) by someone who can chip in to our god awful scoring stats!

Since Milner left not one of our centre midfielders has got more than 5 goals in a season  :lol:  :(

I don't think there's much between Milner and Delph myself. But then again I don't really rate Milner save for his last season with us. I mean he's a consistently good player, but nothing special, similar to Delph.

stunned.jpg

• Like 2

Be interesting where he plays at City when he's actually allowed to start a game.

Current midfield options....Yaya Toure, Samir Nasri, Silva, Fernando, Fernandinho. 

I can't quite believe Delph will be their sole midfield signing with them hyping up moves for Pogba and others, their fans wouldn't be happy.

So really I can only see him being deployed as a wide midfielder like Milner was and he'll lose his England place to Wilshere.

Â