Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I don't think we will be relegated if we sold Benteke & Delph, lets be frank they have both been key players in a struggling team over the last three years.

To me the bit before the comma contradicts the bit after it.

What I was thinking, I tried to analzye every possible meanging in my head and only came up with they were the only good players in a shit team...and without them...even shitter?

Dale Tempest ‏@SkyBet_Dale  14m14 minutes ago

we @SkyBet have suspended on Delph to City looks like its moving I guess the next move will be villa relegated if Benteke goes

I don't think we will be relegated if we sold Benteke & Delph, lets be frank they have both been key players in a struggling team over the last three years.

You don't think we would be relegated? If we dont buy two players as good I think thats exactly what will happen

Plus if this 8m is to believed, what idiot agreed to that in his contract extension ?

The idiot that realised it was either that or he didn't sign the contract and would already have walked away for nothing.

The clause is actually a good thing if it was what Delph wanted to sign the contract.

But why 8m though ?  If he thinks he's going to get game time at a top 4 club he should value himself a lot higher than that?  8m is pocket change for the elite.

I think you're misunderstanding how transfer fees work.

Why would Delph want a higher clause? It would mean it's less likely to be activated. Why would he care what he's valued at? If his contract had expired and he'd become a free signing for someone, would he have been concerned because he was worth nothing?

My guess would be he initially wanted the clause to be lower but we negotiated it up to £8m. If he really wanted a way out then the ideal for him would be for the clause to be zero :)

• Like 1

I guess that's how they sucker people in. Can you bet using Sky interactive or whatever its called? So people watch Sky Sports News, see he hasn't gone to Portugal and start putting money down.

Yep, similar with Paddy Power himself going on talkSHITE to give his 'info'. However they don't usually suspend just based on a flood of bets or they'd do it every week.

the photos of him with the captains armband for the kit launch promo is just as bad IMO.

I'd imagine that photo shoot was some time ago. Possibly even before the FA Cup final given Delph went on international duty straight after and then you'd imagine was off on holiday after he finished with England on June 14th.

Regardless of when they were took the lads did as they were told in that photo shoot. They wouldn't have just said I'll pose like this.

For what it is worth I don't think Delph is going anyway. I believe he has a clause that was related to us being relegated.

If he does go though so be it. As much as I rate him no player ever has or ever will be bigger than this club and we move on with a few million more than we would have done had Delph done what 99% of players would have, given his and the clubs position, and let his contract run out.

Edited by markavfc40

Plus if this 8m is to believed, what idiot agreed to that in his contract extension ?

The idiot that realised it was either that or he didn't sign the contract and would already have walked away for nothing.

The clause is actually a good thing if it was what Delph wanted to sign the contract.

But why 8m though ?  If he thinks he's going to get game time at a top 4 club he should value himself a lot higher than that?  8m is pocket change for the elite.

I think you're misunderstanding how transfer fees work.

Why would Delph want a higher clause? It would mean it's less likely to be activated. Why would he care what he's valued at? If his contract had expired and he'd become a free signing for someone, would he have been concerned because he was worth nothing?

My guess would be he initially wanted the clause to be lower but we negotiated it up to £8m. If he really wanted a way out then the ideal for him would be for the clause to be zero :)

I think it's exactly 8mill. Its no coincidence thats what it eventually cost Villa to sign him in first place

Does anyone else offer odds on this?  Or is it just SkyBet?

Always the chance that they're suspending for effect, so that when they re-open betting people flood to get money on something that is nowhere near, or is that too optimistic a hope?

20/30k a week extra, you could possibly turn down to stay and be captain of a struggling PL side.

60/70k, not a chance.

If he goes, fair enough, he is certainly not as good as Milner, Young or Benteke. He is replaceable.

Think i'm just annoyed at all thre PR crap that was spun "Hey look how bright our future is, Delph has signed a new 4 year contract when he could have left on a free.  He's here for the longhaul, thick and thin etc".

But in actual fact it was just a 12 month extension to allow us to recoup some money as we stuck with him when he was injured.

Edited by simont123

Why the hell is he posing in the new kit, whilst pointing at the captains armband ?

Mind boggles

Getting him to sign any kind of contract back in January was a masterstroke. If we get £8,000,000 then thats £8,000,000 more than we would have got if he had left on a free.

If he said he wouldnt sign a contract unless it had a release clause, would you have taken contract offer away?

Edited by Don_Simon

I can see it now.

Moves to City, starts in Cup games and the odd match in Europe.

Then after a season or two he'll join a mid-table team on loan and say how he's relishing the chance to play regular football again...

I hope that doesn't happen.

To me the bit before the comma contradicts the bit after it.

What I was thinking, I tried to analzye every possible meanging in my head and only came up with they were the only good players in a shit team...and without them...even shitter?

I can understand it - we've been dog-awful with them in the team for a few years now. Why not freshen things up completely. Not to say I agree with it, but I understand the thinking

I can see it now.

Moves to City, starts in Cup games and the odd match in Europe.

Then after a season or two he'll join a mid-table team on loan and say how he's relishing the chance to play regular football again...

I hope that doesn't happen.

if he potentialy signed to make money for villa then thats a very small bonus

but after the loyalty comments and the amount money he had off us the length time he was on injury table the move to man city would be a kick in the teeth

so if he joins city i want exactly that to happen.yes i am bitter much :)

There are 2 problems with that though johndunse. Firstly even if you can buy 4 players with the money, you can still only use 11 players at a time and secondly, Aston Villa are going to find it very hard to find players of the calibre of Delph and Benteke queueing up to join us, no matter which colour crayon they choose to write 'BIG CLUB' in. We will be worse if those 2 leave.  But at the moment at least it is still an 'if'.

Â