Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I just don't really get why he's rated so highly. He's our best midfielder but I really don't think he's all that much better than Westwood and Cleverley. Like Westwood and Cleverley, he just doesn't do enough in the final third to be a top player.

The level of players we have currently will not have all the attributes we want them to have:

Gabby - strong fast, no skill

Westwood - excellent first touch, range of passing, no pace, won't shoot

Etc

We are expecting to much from our players. Until we buy better players nothing will change

I remember the vitriol this man endured when we knocked out the cup by Bradford and I can honestly say I was not on that band wagon , but i'd put money on it , that those who now consider him beyond reproach were some of those ,who at that time, thought him no better than championship class .

• Like 1

If he goes in jan do we get a fee? If so roughly how much?

I would say, roughly, about as much as everyone who's posted on this thread could rub together collectively from loose change in their pockets.

Basically naff all, it's barely worth thinking about.  Certainly no amount of money we could do anything to replace him with, I mean what club is going to pay for someone who's out of contract anyway.

The chances are, if he's "available" in the january window then he will still be available in the summer window and clubs will know this - not through any kind of underhand touting of course.

Delphs a decent player but he aint worth massive wages, he's injury prone , picks up bookings and doesn't have much of an end product for all his running with the ball, Let the vultures swoop, it will end in tears.

Diego Costa has picked up the most bookings in the Premier League so far this season, decent player but not worth his wages.

• Like 1

Delphs a decent player but he aint worth massive wages, he's injury prone , picks up bookings and doesn't have much of an end product for all his running with the ball, Let the vultures swoop, it will end in tears.

my opinion as well though I havent said it as much as you ;)

Â