Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Luna back would be huge. While I think we look a shade bit better defending when Clark or Baker is at LB, I think the team will benefit overall with Luna and Delph back

What exactly has Luna contributed offensively since he scored at Arsenal?

well its nearly 2 weeks away so maybe the international break will aid his recovery

maybe thats why Roy never called him up to ENgland squad

or maybe it's because he's nowhere near good enough.

I agree but I'm unsure how his return to the team would be 'huge'?

I think Luna just provides better movement and an actual option out wide. Clark can put in some nice crosses but he's very much a CB playing LB and it shows.

In terms of beating a man on his own, he is one of the few we possess that can do it.

England players are not quite the elite that they was years ago when the likes of Howard Kendall and Dennis Mortimer, never got a look in relatively and the mercurial Brian Little won one cap....I'm almost laughing writing the last bit, because it was laughable that, that great player got one cap. However Fabian Delph is not England class just yet, he is playing well but he needs to dominate games in order to be knocking on the door to get in to the next "club"

I agree but I'm unsure how his return to the team would be 'huge'?

I think Luna just provides better movement and an actual option out wide. Clark can put in some nice crosses but he's very much a CB playing LB and it shows.

Fair enough. Until Luna himself starts putting in crosses himself, I'll have to agree to disagree.

I know he's not producing assists or goals at the moment but I would put that down to the opposition as much as his ability, he's looked absolute class with the ball at his feet this season. The goal that Lallana scored at the weekend, I personally think that is something Delph could be capable of. with better players and/or more confident players around him he might feel he can try something like that. Lallana is quality and ahead of him in passing and vision at the moment but I would say technical ability is on par. they are of a similar age and both came through into a league1 team.

those little jinking runs he makes 2-3 times every match can be some of the best moments of the match for me. it's just something I like to watch

• Like 1

well its nearly 2 weeks away so maybe the international break will aid his recovery

maybe thats why Roy never called him up to ENgland squad

or maybe it's because he's nowhere near good enough.

He's made some tremendous steps so far this season. Not good enough yet, but he's certainly knocking on the door if not two steps away from doing so. Saying he's _nowhere_ near good enough is far to harsh!

After watching England loosing in that awful match the other night, my hopes that Delph could get called up increased though the midfield in England were HORRIBLE. Only player actually trying to something good was Lallana and Milner. Really looking forward to see Delph against West Brom!

Losing not loosing. Loose is the opposite of tight, lose is the opposite of win. 

I can never work out why so many people spell it wrong. It's actually shorter and easier to spell it right.

grammar_nazi_logo.jpg

I think I've been doing that mistake for about as long as I've known English. Just learned something new, thanks!

I'll tell you why though. When I pronounce losing, it sound more like loosing because of the "long o". The spelling and pronunciation fits more, while losing sounds more like "lawsing"(yes I know it's not pronounced that way). It's a mistake that I often do when spelling out my sentences, because they're based upon my spoken English.

• Like 1

Losing not loosing. Loose is the opposite of tight, lose is the opposite of win. 

I can never work out why so many people spell it wrong. It's actually shorter and easier to spell it right.

grammar_nazi_logo.jpg

I think I've been doing that mistake for about as long as I've known English. Just learned something new, thanks!

I'll tell you why though. When I pronounce losing, it sound more like loosing because of the "long o". The spelling and pronunciation fits more, while losing sounds more like "lawsing"(yes I know it's not pronounced that way). It's a mistake that I often do when spelling out my sentences, because they're based upon my spoken English.

I guess its good to know the right way and its good that londonlax pointed it out...but I'll bet we would all make a pigs ear of writing in Norwegian

grammar_nazi_logo.jpg

Because it sounds like loosing.

In terms of beating a man on his own, he is one of the few we possess that can do it.

England players are not quite the elite that they was years ago when the likes of Howard Kendall and Dennis Mortimer, never got a look in relatively and the mercurial Brian Little won one cap....I'm almost laughing writing the last bit, because it was laughable that, that great player got one cap. However Fabian Delph is not England class just yet, he is playing well but he needs to dominate games in order to be knocking on the door to get in to the next "club"

I cannot see our midfield dominating anyone

grammar_nazi_logo.jpg

What is Dyslexia? Dyslexia simply means difficulty with the written word. It is a descriptive, not a diagnostic term. Unfortunately, the medical-sounding label implies that it is a distinct and identifiable reading disorder with a known medical cause.   ;)
Edited by Morpheus

Â