Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Guys, you've all accidentally posted in the wrong thread.

Cricket chat goes in the boring thread.

Or if there's a "worst sport in the history of the world" thread, it could go in there too.

Any female sport apart from foxy mud wrestling goes in first surely ?
even women's dominoes would be infinitely more exciting than cricket.

In fact, a paused video of paint drying would be more exciting than cricket.

• Like 3

Guys, you've all accidentally posted in the wrong thread.

Cricket chat goes in the boring thread.

Or if there's a "worst sport in the history of the world" thread, it could go in there too.

Any female sport apart from foxy mud wrestling goes in first surely ?
even women's dominoes would be infinitely more exciting than cricket.

In fact, a paused video of paint drying would be more exciting than cricket.

rhpsf.gif

• Like 1

I blame food additives, 4 star petrol, Sunny D, Chernobyl and one on one meetings with 1970's BBC celebs for a lack of cricket appreciation amongst some of the lower orders.

I blame food additives, 4 star petrol, Sunny D, Chernobyl and one on one meetings with 1970's BBC celebs for a lack of cricket appreciation amongst some of the lower orders.

I blame the fact that it goes on for 5 days, if the weather's nice, and nothing ever happens
  • Like 1

I like bowling, I could bowl all day but I get fed up of batting.

This isn't a weird attempt at a joke or anything, just the pure truth. I'm not talking about cricket, there's the weird joke for you. 

This isn't a weird attempt at a joke or anything, just the pure truth. I'm not talking about cricket, there's the weird joke for you. 

this could be the beginning of something wonderful, I like fielding

now we just need somebody to bat for the other side

• Like 2

Ah come on, cricket is non stop action! Just check out the thrilling moment England won the Ashes in 2005...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4421-1377182099-1.g

Only good thing about that was an Australian had started at our school that year. Of course we all pretended we liked Cricket just to gloat.

this could be the beginning of something wonderful, I like fielding

now we just need somebody to bat for the other side

I prefer to bowl too. I was a useful off spinner in my time. Got the makings of a VT bowling attack here.

• Like 1

I was once fielding way way out across the park. The ball was given a decent thwack and was heading my way with me jogging lazily backwards, one hand raised. The ball sailed past me well above the height of my hand. 

Due to the distance nobody could see the unravelled twine trailing behind the ball like a comet tail.

So it must have looked particularly impressive when the (invisible) twine caught on my hand and the ball swept back around in an arc and into my hand.

• Like 1

Â