Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I wouldn't go that far. The actual thought of giving a blowie makes me wretch slightly.

Think of it as a 'suckie'.

Some of us don't suckle anymore ;)

Glad to hear you've finally kicked the habit ;)

I like getting the bus when there's not many people on it and getting to hear mad snippets of conversations. Bit like the audio version of reading the person next to you's newspaper I know but there you go.

I once heard

Woman1: It was the size of a pumpkin and I said to him "It's not going to fit".

Woman2: What happened?

Woman1: He wouldn't have any of it and just pushed it through.

Woman2: What happened?

Woman1: It didn't fit.

Woman2: Was it messy?

Woman1: It wasn't actually a pumpkin.

I don't know what it was or what was going on, that's all I heard, they burst in to hysterics and then got off the bus two stops later.

Then, the other day it was just me and these two old blokes sitting in front of me, they got on the bus and off the bus together but didn't say a single word to each other apart from.

Bloke1: It'd been forty years.

Bloke2: What did she look like?

Bloke1: Beautiful...but wrinkly.

*Bloke2 slowly nodded his head.*

Bloke1: Still got the same eyes but without the sparkle.

*Big sigh from both blokes*

Huge insights in to people's lives but with little information.

I don't know if that last one cheers me up actually, maybe in a Charlie Brown way.

tumblr_mnswl7OIiN1ssvlnso1_500.jpg

And I see the strangeness in his comment about her having 'The same eyes' :) but I knew what he meant.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Internet radio :thumb:

How's the weather over there, legov?

Same old, same old. Hot with humidity rising throughout the day, a thunder shower mid afternoon after which it will feel hot and a bit less humid. Repeat ad nauseum

Internet radio :thumb:

How's the weather over there, legov?
Same old, same old. Hot with humidity rising throughout the day, a thunder shower mid afternoon after which it will feel hot and a bit less humid. Repeat ad nauseum

It's actually quite dry now because of the haze :)

(Sorry guys)

Then, the other day it was just me and these two old blokes sitting in front of me, they got on the bus and off the bus together but didn't say a single word to each other apart from.

Bloke1: It'd been forty years.

Bloke2: What did she look like?

Bloke1: Beautiful...but wrinkly.

*Bloke2 slowly nodded his head.*

Bloke1: Still got the same eyes but without the sparkle.

*Big sigh from both blokes*

Huge insights in to people's lives but with little information.

I don't know if that last one cheers me up actually, maybe in a Charlie Brown way.

tumblr_mnswl7OIiN1ssvlnso1_500.jpg

And I see the strangeness in his comment about her having 'The same eyes' :) but I knew what he meant.

Damn you for listening in to my conversations.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

On a related note, I get a kick out of the "#[insert nearly any team] is by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen#". Really? e.g. Sunderland is the greatest team the world has ever seen? :D At least we gave the world league football so we're possibly one of the few to have some claim :D

Look Gareth...Michaela with a puffin!
penguins-me-and-penguin-3-thumb.jpg

“Snog, Marry, Avoid” is a wolf in sheeps clothing: dressing itself in the clothes of feminist thought – resisting false constructions of feminity imposed by the beauty industry – it ruthlessly reasserts the patriarchy. Women are callously objectified from the title of the show on, which is a bastardisation of the more common but more truthful “****, Kill, Marry”: a sickening phrase which spells out the shows real intentions. Women are reduced to lumps of meat paraded before men, men who sit in judgement, who reduce the women’s role to that of fornication, procreation or sad, lonely death. For what is POD but an obvious metaphor for the all seeing, anonymous yet causally brutal male gaze? As much as the program attempts to dress itself up as female empowerment the judgements of men are both final and existential, POD may have the voice of a woman but the acronym must in the final analysis surely be Patriarchy Or Death.”
—  Patriarchy Or Death: A Feminist Analysis of “Snog, Marry, Avoid” by Michaela Strachan

So not just a pretty face.

Â