Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Ha what's that about?

When he was reserve keeper at Liverpool.

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/liverpool/2030/is_jerzy_dudek_.html

Not sure if it was lost in translation or just became a self pitying Scouser

When a player knows he is a slave, he’ll never give his employer his heart.’

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

What?  Mariusz Krzysztof Czerkawski the Polish former professional ice hockey player who played in the National Hockey League for the Boston Bruins, Edmonton Oilers, New York Islanders, Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs?

Nope 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

What?  Mariusz Krzysztof Czerkawski the Polish former professional ice hockey player who played in the National Hockey League for the Boston Bruins, Edmonton Oilers, New York Islanders, Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs?

And had a practice-session against yours truly (no I couldn't catch him)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Quite simply the Villa, have to pinch myself to believe what’s going on

You see as someone who doesn't check scores this could mean anything. Battling for relegation, winning the Champions League, bankrupt, installing Gerrard as manager, anything at all. It's too early for them to be playing so it must be a comment on the season. I will go for Gerrard. 

Edit. Jesus Christ. When did Villa get good.???

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Don't forget that in addition to playing in the NHL, Czerkawski played for several different European-based teams. A consistent scorer, Czerkawski was the first player born and trained in Poland to play in the NHL. Internationally, Czerkawski represented Poland at several international tournaments, including the 1992 Winter Olympics and the 1992 and 2002 World Championships.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Jesus Christ. When did Villa get good.???

The day Emery walked in. It was literally instant. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Don't forget that in addition to playing in the NHL, Czerkawski played for several different European-based teams. A consistent scorer, Czerkawski was the first player born and trained in Poland to play in the NHL. Internationally, Czerkawski represented Poland at several international tournaments, including the 1992 Winter Olympics and the 1992 and 2002 World Championships.

I did forget that, I think I was busy thinking about Czerkawski first playing hockey when he was 8-years-old, and from a young age was part of the GKS Tychy program. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

nah the other one 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I did forget that, I think I was busy thinking about Czerkawski first playing hockey when he was 8-years-old, and from a young age was part of the GKS Tychy program. 

The highlight for me was when after a strong season with GKS Tychy in 1990-91, where he scored 40 points in 24 games, the Boston Bruins drafted him in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft in the fifth round

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The highlight for me was when after a strong season with GKS Tychy in 1990-91, where he scored 40 points in 24 games, the Boston Bruins drafted him in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft in the fifth round

For me it'd be that for his contribution to the development of Polish ice hockey, Czerkawski received the Knight's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (5th Class) in 2004.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

You see as someone who doesn't check scores this could mean anything. Battling for relegation, winning the Champions League, bankrupt, installing Gerrard as manager, anything at all. It's too early for them to be playing so it must be a comment on the season. I will go for Gerrard. 

Edit. Jesus Christ. When did Villa get good.???

Why are you even here?! 😨

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

So how did you get here to discover off the topic?

genuinely interested👍

Started in on topic, moved to off topic, after a couple of years I lost all interest in football and it's sadly never returned. 

I have mentioned it before and I assume people thought I was joking. My hope is that on topic people don't read this and give me shit about it. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

An AI bot used to push country music and motorhome holidays. 

Have you considered a country music theme break in East Anglia, there are so many wonderful accommodation options available such as RVs. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Haha 3

Â