Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Wife convinced me to get a Sodastream to cut down on plastic usage, so after some investigation Sodastream's own website had the best deal, a machine, gas bottle, three plastic bottles, one apple flavour, one orange flavour, two Pepsi max, one Pepsi Cherry, one 7 Up sugar free.

All for £75 with a ten% off discount for new customers.

Arrived this morning with TWO orange and apple flavour syrups, no Pepsi or 7Up.

Sent them an email at 8.30am, three hours later I am getting the missing bottles delivered.

Excellent customer service.

Ooh... Might do this. Where is the 10% discount for noobs? I can't find it

22 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Ooh... Might do this. Where is the 10% discount for noobs? I can't find it

Register on their website, you should get a code emailed.

I just got ten quid of the first gas exchange too.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Register on their website, you should get a code emailed.

I just got ten quid of the first gas exchange too.

The amount of curry you eat you shouldn't ever need a gas exchange

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, bickster said:

The amount of curry you eat you shouldn't ever need a gas exchange

It's not 2008 anymore ya know!

I'm averaging one curry a week these days (wife's fault, one a week is more than enough for her, even the mild ones).

• Haha 1

An unpublished Stanley Unwin recording: before he became famous on radio and TV for his gibberish, he was a maintenance engineer at Bush House. This dissertation on the Type B desks was recorded in S16 in the late 1950s (you can hear the Studio Managers laughing in the cubicle at one point). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

An unpublished Stanley Unwin recording: before he became famous on radio and TV for his gibberish, he was a maintenance engineer at Bush House. This dissertation on the Type B desks was recorded in S16 in the late 1950s (you can hear the Studio Managers laughing in the cubicle at one point). 

It's such a shame there's so little of him online. He really was one of a kind. Absolutely brilliant.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I think that’s better than some of his more polished stuff, because he’s using quite a bit of technically correct terminology in with the gibberish, which might not mean much to some folk or even be noticed, but it’s kind of an in joke, I guess. All the 20 log…gain…impedance matching…type stuff

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think that’s better than some of his more polished stuff, because he’s using quite a bit of technically correct terminology in with the gibberish, which might not mean much to some folk or even be noticed, but it’s kind of an in joke, I guess. All the 20 log…gain…impedance matching…type stuff

Any excuse to post this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

He was a sound guy.  

:)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The Cumberland sausage and duck egg sarnie I just consumed.

All praise the farm shops out in the Shires (mate).

What interest rate are you paying on the bank loan for that? 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

What interest rate are you paying on the bank loan for that? 

What, the eggs? 

Only 50p each. 

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

What, the eggs? 

Only 50p each. 

Farm stuff shop (round here, anyway) is usually eye-wateringly expensive. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Agreed but I don't mind occasionally paying a bit more if it keeps it in the community. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yorkshire farmers are all Tories

The best farm shops are the small ones. We had one by our old house, they'd have a farmers market on a sunday and you could by veg at a pound a bag and you could mix up anything you wanted out of the boxes, if it fitted in their brown paper bag it was a quid, it was embarrassingly cheap. Sure the carrots and parsnips weren't straight like in the supermarkets but they were all fresh. I do miss being near that place

Eggs were always much cheaper than the shops too, so was the bacon / sausages and they were all their own and much better than anything you could buy elsewhere

• Like 1

Â