Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I think Clark will improve under McLeish.. I'm not sure whether he will be used as much as he has done this season though.

If it was up to me he'd play every game.

I can see a back four of...

Clarke Dunne Collins Cuellar

You know Big Eck would have a hard on over that shit :oops:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was our back 4 i wouldnt be too worried as be quite solid defensively but not much going forward

We wouldn't have the over laps from the full backs but we could do well with that back four. We'd have Downing and Albrighton bombing down the wings as well. With McLeish bringing some sort of organisation to the defense we could be alright.

• 1 month later...

I think Clark could be a very good centre back or defensive midfielder. For me he needs to improve in the air for the centre back position which may mean he changes to a defensive midfielder. Either way I think he will be at least a decent Premiership player.

I think Clark could be a very good centre back or defensive midfielder. For me he needs to improve in the air for the centre back position which may mean he changes to a defensive midfielder. Either way I think he will be at least a decent Premiership player.

I think this is why it is important that he has the right partner. Would have loved to have seen him alongside Laursen - Martin attacking the ball and Ciaran dropping off.

I can't believe he didn't make the Ireland squad!

Yeah that's very annoying. Kilbane v Clark.... Come on Trap

Edit: I see Kilbane isn't there either. What is he up to?

Clark is gonna be the best player to ever come out of our acadamy..Should be a regualar this season alongside Cuellar.

Cuellar told the club's official website: "Ciaran Clark is one of the best defenders I have played with. "He will be one of the best defenders in the Premier League and in Europe too in my opinion - he really is that good. "He is quick, he has good technique, he can play, tackle, good in the air...

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2326156,00.html

Clark is gonna be the best player to ever come out of our acadamy..Should be a regualar this season alongside Cuellar.

Cuellar told the club's official website: "Ciaran Clark is one of the best defenders I have played with. "He will be one of the best defenders in the Premier League and in Europe too in my opinion - he really is that good. "He is quick, he has good technique, he can play, tackle, good in the air...

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2326156,00.html

he really isnt quick

He's not "slow" either. Where has this come from?

I couldn't give a monkeys about a few sodding pre season warm ups, the lad has a touch of class about him easily comparable to Cahill. I like the idea of utilising him as a defensive mid, mostly because we don't have anyone else to play the position but also because it would guarantee him regular games with a bit less pressure. He needs to play, he's good enough to play. Get on it 'Eck.

• 1 month later...

I heard he was injured. Don't know if he still is. Definitely needs some playing time as I really rate him. Dare I say it, he's a once in a generation player. :lol:

In all seriousness, McLeish should be playing him.

Â