Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guzan has the eternal goalkeeping problem: you're either a great shot-stopper and shite at crosses, or great at crosses and shite at shot-stopping (fortunately for us, Big Brad is one of the few that can do both).

I think its easier to get better at crosses than shot stopping though.

Look at David James

Davies, Hogg and Reocoker have been **** shocking for me. Nobody in cm taking control of the game. Reocoker is not breaking up play in the Essien role like many make him out to be, Curtis davies needs to go to Fulham, Hogg is not ready for this standard.

good start but weve lost our way since then, too much hoofball

the senior players just havent shown up. NRC and downing have not taken control like they should be. i havent seen warnock get down the wing once and all of rapids dangerous balls are coming from his side. davies is looking very poor. heskey is heskey. some good hold up play to start but since then he has lost it everytime its gone to him.

I'm not being funny but has Hogg been near the ball outside of the first ten minutes? I think we have found our replacement for Sidwell anyway.

Aside from Hogg, Lichaj and Davies I would say mainly positives from that half. Given the team sent out I'd have taken 1-1 at HT. Let's hope MacDonald realises where the problems are and tries to sort it out.

Davis is quite small but nimble for a CB. His best spell was when he was mopping up for Laurson charging out of the defence to win headers. They made a good combination but Davis trying to lead the defence (especially when he has been out so long) is atrocious.

Bright in midfield, blunt up front and absolutely awful at the back.

Beye has been our best defender, Curtis Davies seems to be on a one man mission to prove Martin O'Neill right, he's been dreadful and I'm starting to have long term doubts about Guzan.

I'd have Clark and Delfouneso on for Davies and Hogg.

Move Beye to right back and please get Davies off.

Then who are we going to play in the centre?

Ciaran Clark maybe? We just need to watch Vienna better on the counter and set pieces. We controlled the opening twenty minutes.

Glad we only conceded 1 that half. Bannan, Albrington, Beye and Heskey have all played well and done their first team chances no harm at all.

Davies has been epicly bad, he cant defend against the ball on the ground, he has been abysmal against aerial threats and he panics on the ball and hoofs it, just want him off for Clark at half time. The rest have been Average

Some harsh stuff on here about Guzan he's not at fault for the goal and has been reasonably solid, it's unfair to hold him to Friedle standards because hes one of the top keepers going around.

Bright in midfield, blunt up front and absolutely awful at the back.

Beye has been our best defender, Curtis Davies seems to be on a one man mission to prove Martin O'Neill right, he's been dreadful and I'm starting to have long term doubts about Guzan.

I'd have Clark and Delfouneso on for Davies and Hogg.

The normal voice of reason, agreed on all points.

Come off it Dem, one person to blame for that goal and that is Davies.

they both missed the header guzan is just at fault as curt is

what do you expect from someone that hasnt played a competitive game in almost a year? people want miracles?

the whole defence has been shite, curt being the worst so far

as soon as we scored we just stopped playing

this team is very weak. if this was against a better side we would be losing this like how west ham were on saturday

Move Beye to right back and please get Davies off.

Then who are we going to play in the centre?

Ciaran Clark maybe? We just need to watch Vienna better on the counter and set pieces. We controlled the opening twenty minutes.

With? Unfortunately we have to either keep one or the other on.

Beye is not a CB at all - doesn't have the positional sense for it.

I've no real issue with the midfield or Heskey as I think they're doing alright but the defence is shakey. No aerial presence. I get the feeling that we would several goals down if Maierhoffer was playing this time. Having said that, we probably would have accounted for it had he been.. but it's all speculation anyway.