Finished 2nd season with Spurs.

Prem: 1st

FA Cup: Won

League Cup: Won

Champions League: Won

Club World Champ.: Won

Euro Super Cup: Won

Can't believe I won everything!

Start of summer got rid of: R.Keane, S. Pienaar, D.Bentley, W.Gallas, R.Pavlyuchenko, G.Dos Santos, J.O'Hara, L.King, S.Bassong, N.Kranjcar, B.Khumalo, Y.Kaboul, P.Crouch for a combined £90m pretty much all with sell-on fee's too.

In summer I signed: C.Clark (4.5m), C.Adam (6m), S.Aguero (38m)

January signed: D.Alves (7.5m), S.Mbia (13.5m)

Became a proper Spurs jew and got the wages right down. They were around 700k p/w but to get Aguero to join had to give him 200k p/w (plus massive signing on fee). But was definitely worth giving him it.

Between ManU and I all season for Prem. Played them in May, won the game and won the title.

Easy CL group then played CSKA, ManUtd, Bordeaux and Barca in final. Dawson header in 87th min. 1-0.

Had a game every 3 days for last 6 weeks or so but had a massive squad that will need to be trimmed in summer so I managed to keep up. Plus I played the shitty teams in Prem at end so got lucky there.

Aguero scored loads and assisted loads and was POTY. Bale was YPOTY.

--------

All down to that SUFC tactic. Haven't tinkered at all. All I did was put Aguero as Playmaker, and Aguero as Target Man with pass to feet.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH, fellow FMers. new to this site so i did a search for football manager.

my main gripe beiing an fm fan is that we didnt hire steve mclaren. have you seen the fc twente side he built? i'd especially suggest looking at bryan ruiz. technique 18, flair 19, dribbling 16!! imagine if mclaren had raided his old club for a player like that, basically the best player we would have had since magic merse. and yeah, it's not just his stats, he scored about 30 goals in the championship winning season.,

i'm just gutted IRL we get mcleish, ruiz will never come....

Does anyone use "Long Ball" here?

I've decided to check it out and i've got like 4-1 against Werder Bremen etc.. some big scorelines involved, all you see is defenders playing 40-50 yard balls to strikers and beating the offside trap and scoring goals for fun :lol:

my main gripe beiing an fm fan is that we didnt hire steve mclaren. have you seen the fc twente side he built? i'd especially suggest looking at bryan ruiz. technique 18, flair 19, dribbling 16!! imagine if mclaren had raided his old club for a player like that, basically the best player we would have had since magic merse. and yeah, it's not just his stats, he scored about 30 goals in the championship winning season.,

I'm not really sure FM is the best way to digg up good players. Is he actually any good IRL?

I'm not really sure FM is the best way to digg up good players. Is he actually any good IRL?

yeah, really,. seen a few videos and also he scored 24 in 34 in mclarens championsghip winning season. has looked really good to me...

Started as Walsall, going well in the league, just outside the playoffs. Got to the quarters of the FA Cup, really easy run though tbf, but just drew Liverpool away and it's on TV. Moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

Got promoted though the play-offs :)

Assembled a really good squad on just 40k p/w which is well cheap. Bought the stadium too, but owe a fair bit which is annoying.

edit : oh i'm using the SUFC tactic that was on that link you posted POB, great tactic :lol:

Anyone point me in the direction of this tactic please.

At bottom of page 179 on this thread POB posted a link to his game. The tactic is on there.

A thankin you squire!

Anyone completed the X hero achievements? I've done the Scottish hero achievement and fancy doing the Italian and English. Anyone done them and if so what leagues do you have to start in, can't get my head around the Italian league structure. As for English is it starting in League two? conference? Blue Square?

Started a new game (probably my last on FM 2011) with Villareal.. don't have much funds (had like £2m-£3m to start with) so it's very much sell to buy..

Transfers so far (sell to buy at it's best!) :

villarrealcfsadtransfer.th.png

In pre season, doing well atm.. aim is to get top 4 and win a cup.

Bayern Leverkusen are a ridiculously frustrating team, won the German league with literally no funds, won the German Cup and got to the 1/4's of the Europa League, got 12 million to spend and I need to now cut the wage budget down by 50k despite not signing anybody, making it impossible to replace the rapidly aging squad I have.

In my current game I started out with Northampton and managed to get them promoted to the Championship when I was poached by QPR who I then led to promotion to the PL. Sampdoria came calling and I took them to the Serie A title in my second season there before I was approached by Valencia who were in 13th when I arrived but I managed to turn their season around and clinch the last CL spot.

This managing lark is easy. I should have got an interview with Randy.

Just landed the Italian Hero award for taking Pro Patria from the bottom league to Serie A in back to back promotions.

I was considering quitting the game then I noticed Derby County in League Two with no manager, a terrible squad and huge debts. So I resigned and applied and got it thanks to my reputation gained in the Italian league.

So a big challange in front of me at they have loans outstanding totalling in the region of £15m oh and guess who the owner is..... Mike Ashley!!!

Taking over a club like that though in League should give me a great platform to have a bash at landing the English Hero achievement, should be a good challange.

Â