Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what stage do you commit to a potential level instead of just using the -X?

There is no satisfactory answer to that, it is just when the time is right and a reasonable estimation can be made. The - PA system does add a lot to the game and as we see at Villa (thread in the main forum discussing this point) it is not unusual for young players to be very difficult to assess, often not achieving what may initially be expected.

I would say that after a decent spell in and around the first team an estimation can be made, but that is not a hard and fast rule, injuries etc may effect that decision.

I finally got around to downloading the half season demo of this from Steam the other night. It's the first FM game I've played since CM became FM and it's all rather splendid isn't it? Certainly moved on a bundle since the last version I played.

Without me trawling through a couple of hundred pages, are there any particular players people would recommend (i'm predictably managing Villa at the moment).

I've actually doing a proper youth is worth it. Two in each position for youth/reserves.

Get them on Pro contracts, tutor the **** out of them and training. Make sure the person doing youth/reserve football has good working with youngsters, motivating, man management etc....and you will reap rewards either from selling them on or using them as players.

When players release players at the end of the season, you can usually find 30-40 'hot prospects' willing to take youth contracts....who you then can give pro contracts straight away for like £60 a week.

I've done this about 3 seasons in a row, 5 of them are in my squad today (so saved me fair bit on transfers) while I must have made at least £2.5 million from selling them on 1 or 2 years later and that's been for league 1/champ ability youngsters, which i was probably paying 100k a year for.

does take time though to make sure you are focusing on youngsters and improving them, definitely worth it though IMO.

just release all the shit youngsters you get though.

What was the last game you played Designer? I always think alots changes after 1 year, I can't even begin to think how much change and progress it's been in 7+ years!

What's your favourite parts of the game?

The last version I played iirc was CM 2004/05. As you say, it's changed a fair bit.

I think the depth of the transfer and scouting system are superb, and love the talking to players/press aspects.

Also didn't realise the match itself had moved into 3D territory until I clicked 'play match' :) It was the old top down circles the last time I played.

It's worryingly addictive though, and I'm definitely getting the full version.

Andy, could you please boost villa a bit this season? I think you rate them fairly but other researchers don't which means that Villa are much worse than where they should be. eg in my current bristol city file they got relegated in the first season. Now I understand this is on the third patch and at the time this was released we were near the relegation zone but we ended up 9th so should be boosted. Can you also tell the birmingham researcher to move his players down considering how crap they are? He can **** off with ferguson having passing 17. I think the only villa attributes above 16 are the physical ones.

What was the last game you played Designer? I always think alots changes after 1 year, I can't even begin to think how much change and progress it's been in 7+ years!

What's your favourite parts of the game?

The last version I played iirc was CM 2004/05. As you say, it's changed a fair bit.

I think the depth of the transfer and scouting system are superb, and love the talking to players/press aspects.

Also didn't realise the match itself had moved into 3D territory until I clicked 'play match' :) It was the old top down circles the last time I played.

It's worryingly addictive though, and I'm definitely getting the full version.

Nice :)

Even better really that you didn't know what to expect either!

Good to see people who haven't played for so long enjoy it even now, always been addictive!

Anyway, stalled progress with Sutton, new stadium got built but been in Champ 3 years now, improved every year but only like 18th, 16th, 13th. Scored like 90 goals but conceded like 95 last season, terrible. Just created a new formation but frustratingly the board have sold 7 of my best players in last 3 years.

Signing players £100-200k then they are being sold for like £4 million next season, pisses me off but never short of cash. Usually I buy more yunger players but this season decided to spend fairly big on a couple players like £5-6 million, which I have because board sold so many.

So hoping for promotion this season.

Andy, could you please boost villa a bit this season? I think you rate them fairly but other researchers don't which means that Villa are much worse than where they should be. eg in my current bristol city file they got relegated in the first season. Now I understand this is on the third patch and at the time this was released we were near the relegation zone but we ended up 9th so should be boosted. Can you also tell the birmingham researcher to move his players down considering how crap they are? He can **** off with ferguson having passing 17. I think the only villa attributes above 16 are the physical ones.

Which players do you think need an increase?

I bet if you played the game many times over Villa would finish mid way up in most of the games.

Bannan, Clark and Fonz. I rarely keep a reserves team, or youth, waste of money.

Albrighton doesn't come good?

Delph...?

ive seen delph come very good but on my current game he's shite think he plays in the championship

albrighton is ok IMO never more than a squad player and no where near as good as say golasa or yasien who can be bought on the cheap, he's very easy to replace, for example ive never seen him get an england call up, never become that good

Â