Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sutton Utd used to be my local team, proud to see them top of the PL even if it's in a game. On my third season now, just got Bromley into league 2, can get some cracking free transfers in the lower league!

Bloody hell PoB! Good/sad effort :winkold:

I'm 3 seasons in to my game, took Southampton to back-to back promotions but left them in 9th for the Man City job in November, who were 14th (!). Currently 5th with 4 games to go, crunch game against Spuds for the CL spot...

Yep, half good, half pathetic :)

18 months on from that, finished 2nd in League, won league cup and Fa cup (2nd time in a row) and currently unbeaten in new season, just going into december.

CL is the one I'm missing, two semi finals and last 16 so far. Knocked out twice by Real Madrid. :(

amazingly, my net spend over past 21 years is -£6 million. Just develop youngsters. My current side to be fair is mixed range but pretty much all players I bought 16-19 ...my first 11, pretty much all have them have clocked up 150+ appearances and been here for the last 5/6 years, nice to know all the players and build up a relationship, every season keep building up with 2/3 new youngsters and bring them through to take over anyone getting past 28.

Frustratingly, I can't ask the board to improve any training/ground facilities, not sure why.

few of my fave players.

7th season here: (£2 million)

unledkby.jpg

2nd season here: (£2.4 million, potential)

unledftt.jpg

signed when 18 for £4 million

unledjq.jpg

signed when 17 for £7 million.

unledvf.jpg

signed in summer for £3 million, going to be special.

unledzqp.jpg

Awesome players PoB, That Doran looks like a world beater.

Ive just started up a new game with Hercules in Spain. Signed got aound 5 millions in funds but the entire squad is over 30 years old apart from a wonder kid called Kiko. Just grabbed Denislon and Babic on a free which isnt really helping the age issue but have also got Espen Ruud at RB who is a cracking player and just grab eggert Jonasson who is the ultimate uttility player. Trying to grab some young Spainish kids though now, but anyone good is so expensive :(

PoB. Some advice. You'll never better that season. Step away from the computer, head outside for a bit.

:lol:

I'm desperate to finish with 100 points as I've never seen anyone do it on the game. Also need to be high in hall of fame and then win world cup at some point.

Just getting started :lol:

I'm desperate to finish with 100 points as I've never seen anyone do it on the game.

Don't want to be big-headed or anything but....I've done it in English, Spanish & Italian top divisions. :lol:

I meant on my game not generally! I wish I'd put more divisions in now. (only got English)

I'm desperate to finish with 100 points as I've never seen anyone do it on the game.

Don't want to be big-headed or anything but....I've done it in English, Spanish & Italian top divisions. :lol:

I meant on my game not generally! I wish I'd put more divisions in now. (only got English)

Oh right. Fair-do's. :oops:

Haven't played this for ages as I got bored with that Spurs game in the middle of the 3rd season. Won everything so no need to carry on I suppose.

Then I went back to my Barcelona B game. I was coming into April in the 1st season when I left it, sitting in 16th place. Decided to use POB's tactic and straight away went on an unbeaten run 'till end of season. Finished 1 place outside playoffs.

Next season signed a few players and won the league easily. The board then decided to sell all my best players over my head (for good profits but still....), coupled with the fact I can't get promoted I left.

Next job had to wait until December when I get the Everton job. 17th place. Using THE tactic :lol: obviously. They had a massive wage bill with Arteta, Fellaini on 65k+. Got rid of those 2 for combined £20m, and a few other little players for about 3-4m. Also got £7m from the Wayne Rooney clause. Bought in J.Djourou, D.Bentley, Sandro, A.Paloschi (all transfer listed) for a combined £9m. Signed Macheda on loan too, with a £12m clause. He's been incredible. 10 goals in 11 games. Definitely taking up the clause.

Already got some transfers lined up. Going completely down the youth route. Will use my transfer budgets to buy youths then a sell-to-buy policy for 1st team squad.

The tactic didn't really get going for a few months and was still around relegation, then 1 game in March I smashed Arsenal 4-0 then L'pool 4-1 next game and have been lost just 1 game since. 2 games left sat 11th.

Just taken Derby from League Two to the Premier League in 4 seasons so should have achieved the English Hero achievement but nothing...

Anyone any idea why I've not got the achievement? Anyone else having a problem with achievements not being unlocked this isn't the first time this has happened.

Just taken Derby from League Two to the Premier League in 4 seasons so should have achieved the English Hero achievement but nothing...

Anyone any idea why I've not got the achievement? Anyone else having a problem with achievements not being unlocked this isn't the first time this has happened.

English conference north/south wouldn't it be?

Â