Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got back into Fm11 after going through about 8 games in 2 months!

Loads up Holland, England, Scotland, Spain and a few others, hit the select random team button and came up with Falkirk, have sold a lot of their players and been fiddling with the team, I had Thornton (deep) - Moutinho (att) - O'Brien (Def)

It was a little too attacking so found Quashie on a free and changed that too Quashie (deep) - Thornton (att) - O'Brien (Def) and it has worked a little better.

Stern John my main striker, Kazenga LuaLua on loan and I am slowly climbing the table but will at some point look for a bigger job, just enjoy building a team and will of course, move on as soon as I feel I can go no further.

I am terrible at this game. At a team in Ireland that gets on average 200 attendance. I'm bottom of the league with the nearest team 6 points away. It's not looking good. I'm replacing bad players with worse players. My coaches are awful and my scouts are worse. My strikers are atrocious. I rely on goals from 50 yard freekicks and defenders up for corners

Have you trolled throuh all the free transfers? get strikers with pace and players who generally have high determination. play a fairly direct game and get your strikers running into the channels. If they are quick, you will succeed. Finding quick striker can be tough, look for obscure names such as ngenyi yukube. (not a real player but bound to be at least 14 pace with that sort of name)

have faith xx

I have now bought terry dixon. He's earning twice what any other player is. Lost the first game 1-0 with him up front, but I am 4 points from safety now with 5 games to go. Hoping he can make a difference.

edit: Changed formation to a 4-5-1 with Dixon up front on his own and won the last two games. One point off safety with 3 games to go.

So I've finished with Malaga.. Won La Liga, Won the Spanish Cup and was in the CL Final but the game made me resign to take my Bayern post before I could play the CL Final match (sounds like a bug?)

Now at Bayern.. So far got Babacar and Nilmar in and looking for a CB now (Otamendi is one I am after).. should be good to go to challenge Bundesliga, Cup and maybe CL semi final or something.

Â