Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Just finished 1st season with Spurs.

Prem: 5th

FA Cup: Semi-Final

League Cup: Quarter Final

Champions League: Won!!

Credit where it's due. All this is down to POB's SUFC tactic. It's got some unbelievable tekkers :lol:

In the Prem was sitting around 2nd/3rd literally all season but at the end of the season put all my eggs in the CL basket and so I drew a couple of games at the end and finished 5th. Had best attack in Prem but 5th best defence.

Lost on pens to Bolton in League Cup then lost to Chelsea in FA Semi.

In the CL I had a group of AC Milan, PAOK & Kobenhavn. Finished 2nd level with Milan. Roma in 1st KO (7-3 agg), Bayern Qtr F (5-0 agg), Barca Semi (4-2 agg). Won both games 2-1. Then beat AC Milan in final 1-0 aet.

Defoe was unbelievable in CL. Scored 17.

At start of season signed: Gary Cahill, Xabi Prieto, L.Baines, G. V.D.Wiel, Kleber (Palmeiras ST), Mbark Boussoufa, Vagner Love.

Got rid of: Bassong, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Kaboul, Crouch, Khumalo all on loan. Jenas, Hutton, Palacios, Cudicini all sold.

The in January brought in Cardozo and Shaqiri.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my longest game in a while.

Currently November 2014. Just left Villa after three seasons (took charge June 2011), having been offered the vacant AC Milan job.

With Villa won League Cup 2013 and 2014, and Europa League in 2014 (Beat Porto 2-0 in final). Finished 4th in league in 2014 also (was 6th in 2013 and 8th 2012).

Europa League Final team was:

(4-3-3)

Hart

Richards, Vertonghen, Shawcross, Clark

Thiago, Nkoulou, Delph

Acquafresca, Bent, Young

Subs:

Amelia, Debuchy, Marcus Alonso, Makoun, Bannan, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso

Also had Honda, Cardozo, Neymar, Gardner, Stiegrist and some random foreign youths in the squad.

Andy, could you please boost villa a bit this season? I think you rate them fairly but other researchers don't which means that Villa are much worse than where they should be. eg in my current bristol city file they got relegated in the first season. Now I understand this is on the third patch and at the time this was released we were near the relegation zone but we ended up 9th so should be boosted. Can you also tell the birmingham researcher to move his players down considering how crap they are? He can **** off with ferguson having passing 17. I think the only villa attributes above 16 are the physical ones.

Which players do you think need an increase?

I bet if you played the game many times over Villa would finish mid way up in most of the games.

Definitely Downing and Bent though I know sunderland researcher did Bent. It seems to me that you don't like giving out the higher end statistics like 17+. When our players have good attributes they are given 14/15/16 but with other teams they get 17+.

Got promoted last night to Premiership which was great, didn't stop Chairman selling both my CB's for combined 16 million, think it's double figures the amount of players he's sold now :(

At least he used the money to expand the ground by 7,000 seats. I've got a striker, he's awesome. Had him on loan for 4 consecutive seasons, then when he didn't come back to me for a 5th, I thought I'd lost him forever :( (he scored like 30 a season in league 2/1) and then he was available on a free, picked him up ...scored 53 league goals in a season, sorta the reason I won the Championship and now he just picked up his first england cap!

took me about 13 years but finally got to Prem, now giving myself 5 years to hopefully win Prem :)

Right folks, a question about game achievements.

I was playing off line when on a train and I achieved a couple of things that should have unlocked achievements and I presumed they would when next on line.

Anyone experienced this before or know if you achieve them again they will be unlocked?

Finished my season with Dortmund..

germanfirstdivisioninfo.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Won the league.. won the Cup.. lost in semi finals to Rangers in Euro Cup.

Kagawa with most assists (11) Barrios top scorer with (27) goals.

That SUFC tactic is what I used.. only lost 3 games in the league.

Should have quite a bit to spend for my second season hopefully.. I need another creative midfielder (turan or someone) to rotate with Nuri Sahin (or take his position if i get a good offer for him) as Sahin has stamina problems.. I also need another striker if I plan to go far in the CL.. hopefully the revenue from CL can get rid of debts.

Right folks, a question about game achievements.

I was playing off line when on a train and I achieved a couple of things that should have unlocked achievements and I presumed they would when next on line.

Anyone experienced this before or know if you achieve them again they will be unlocked?

Whenever I've been offline and unlocked something. It's popped up and said it's unlocked the next time I was online.

Is there such a thing as unsettling players in this FM? I targetted Turan as a player I wanted.. I spoke out in the media about him.. praised him etc.. then his status changed to "considering his options" and "unhappy".. so I went in with a cheeky loan bid and they accepted it with a fixed fee... anyone experienced anything like this before?

Is it a bug?

I'm Playing Aston Villa for the first time and I'm in the middle of my first season,

I keep banging in goals, DB got 26 goals so far, torres and drogba behind him with 12 and I'm only February.

I've scored 61 goals so far this season. The problem is that I concede way to many goals. 38 so far. With every other teams I've played with I've had one of the tightest defences in the league.

I play with one ball winning midfielder and one defensive midfielder infront of this back 4:

Walker/Young(supportive fullback) - Dunne(defender) - Hangeland(stopper) - Baines(Supportive fullback)

Got a deep defensive line, offside tactic is turned off.

Any ideas on what I should do differently?

wow nice.. has the takeover happened then? £52m is really a nice budget.

My last signing of this window is another bargain - Fernando Gago for £725k (he was transfer listed; beginning of second season can get him really cheap, worth a look at)

Gago (725k), Lukaku (£8m), Turan (Loan with fixed fee) and finally Hutton (£4m)

Sold £7m worth of players and released 6-7 out of contract reserve players.

Still got money to spend about (£3m-£4m) but won't spend it as I don't need any other reinforcements and due to the amount of midfielders I have now I am thinking of trying out 4-5-1 for this season...

Started as Villa the other day, using the Sortitoutsi tactic posted a few pages back....

Transfers;

out;

Heskey - Loan fee 250k

Beye - Loan fee 625k

A.Young - 17.25m

Salifou - 550k

Baker - Loan

IN;

Hazard - 15.75m

Enyeama - 250k

Shaqiri - 5m

Neymar - 30m (a lot, but needed something awesome upfront)

So far, out of league cup, in 6th round FA, 2nd knockout of Euros, and 5th in prem. March 2011

Darren Bent on fire - 41 goals in all comps so far :D

Â