Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

121 in the Prem last year is the highest on this game? if you're asking me?

Oh right.. 146 here, only conceded 26 aswell :winkold:

It's not the Prem though, it's La Liga.. so its easier to score goals/concede less

Yeah, Real Madrid ;)

Nah to be fair, I don't really spank teams. I usually concede 25-30 and score 90 ish. I only reached 121 because I scored 21 (yes 21 in 2 games) vs Sunderland. 13-0 and 1-8! :lol:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 games and no goals conceded and then lost my next game 2-0 to Man City but **** it who cares. Another achievement down.

Awesome achievement. Especially in all comps!

Frustrating at the moment, got to wait about another 7 years to build a new stadium. :(

£100 million in the bank just laying there, damn it.

30 games and no goals conceded and then lost my next game 2-0 to Man City but **** it who cares. Another achievement down.

Frustrating at the moment, got to wait about another 7 years to build a new stadium. :(

I don't have either the new stadium or survive take over achievements.

I've a huge amount of cash in the bank and 99% to capacity attendance for 4 years but board won't build a new stadium or even expand.

How have you come to that 7 year figure?

I don't have either the new stadium or survive take over achievements.

I've a huge amount of cash in the bank and 99% to capacity attendance for 4 years but board won't build a new stadium or even expand.

How have you come to that 7 year figure?

So many people on here have been Villa, will probably know if they expand or not after a certain time?

Well, 7 year is figure is from the fact I had a stadium built in 2021 and apparently you have to wait 20 years to build another new stadium (new one is at maximum it can go to)...

My plan is to have a 50k+ stadium, need to increase income because I lose about £4-5 million a month. Then create new tactic around keeping clean sheets and possesion to get some clean sheet achievements, I did come close in a recent run. I've kept 11 clean sheets in 12 games, unfortunately the 8th game I conceded. Then going to do international management in 2050 and then quit once won Euro's/world cup. I think anyway. Should take me upto september/october.

It's possible to get a stadium with just about anyone if you fill your stadium long enough and have the money to do it. I managed it with Villa on FM 2009, but it was significantly into the file. Early-to-mid 2020's I think.

EDIT: I'm sad enough to take print screens. It cost £340M to build a new 81960 seater stadium. Villa Park was valued at 84M to offset the cost.

So, reading all you lot go on and on I've decided to buy this game. This is, in truth, the first FM game I've owned (I played a mates old CM, back in the days of To Madeira but that was it). What can I expect? Any beginners tips?

Well I'm off to a cracking start... game won't run after installation. Just crashes straight away. Have uninstalled, am trying the Steam approach but have to set up a new account (I don't PC game much... at all... ever) and it's taking aaaaaages. Not sure if that's crashed or not, it's just static on the "Working: Creating Account" box.

Started a new game yesterday.

I decided to start unemployed and just go on holiday for the first season. In November 2011 I noticed Wigan were struggling in the championship and declared my interest, Martinez got sacked and I got hired.

They were 17th at the time (after 22 matches) and I got them to win the chapionship! :D

Then in the 3rd season I got a transfer kitty of €22M (€12 carried over from the championship that I didn't spend), and selling some dead wood got me ~€30M.

This is my team atm, just started the new season and doing well so far.

----------------Ovono------------------

Lustig----Matheu---P.Jones-----Papa

---Ramsey-Rinaudo-Sigurdsson-----

Zijler----------------------Enevoldsen

-------------Walther(regen)-----------

Pretty unrealistic I know, but I like it.

Â