Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, one thing is certain, under MON we played very attractive football all the time.

:shock:

:shock: seconded :P

Why the shock? I still can't get over all the cracking play I've seen from Villa in the last couple of seasons. The 1-0 v Hull away the season before last. The 0-1 v Liverpool last season, the 0-3 at Arsenal, the 0-0 at Spurs, both games against Wolves...

Scintillating, spectacular and breathtakingly brilliant from first to last.

There were moments when we played well but scintillating.....spectacular....

Blackburn at home, Spurs at home where we played the entire second half in our penalty area, west ham at home and the classic display against sunderland at home ...that one took my breath away alright.

The problem with going through the kind of interview list process that Randy is currently undertaking is that if the right candidate isn't available for interview we may well end up settling for second best, as this kind of process may be deemed a failure without an appointment.

I hope we have also approached clubs for permission to talk to a manager of the right calibre and offered appropriate compensation. If we were unable to gain access to the "right" manager, I would rather we continue with KM and buy in some coaching help, while patiently waiting for the right manager to "make" himself available.

i believe the club have previously said that they dont want someone who is already employed at another club, therefore there is no-one they would be interested in who wouldnt be available for an interview.

General denied that yesterday, said it was paper talk, even though the paper talk was based on something he said himself...

oh...

we havent really got a **** clue whats going on have we??? :lol:

ah well, at least its something to talk about instead of nrc... (especially on a saturday when there is no footy OR cricket on!)

Maybe he changed his tune because we are close to getting someone whos already in a job?

The problem with going through the kind of interview list process that Randy is currently undertaking is that if the right candidate isn't available for interview we may well end up settling for second best, as this kind of process may be deemed a failure without an appointment.

I hope we have also approached clubs for permission to talk to a manager of the right calibre and offered appropriate compensation. If we were unable to gain access to the "right" manager, I would rather we continue with KM and buy in some coaching help, while patiently waiting for the right manager to "make" himself available.

i believe the club have previously said that they dont want someone who is already employed at another club, therefore there is no-one they would be interested in who wouldnt be available for an interview.

General denied that yesterday, said it was paper talk, even though the paper talk was based on something he said himself...

oh...

we havent really got a **** clue whats going on have we??? :lol:

ah well, at least its something to talk about instead of nrc... (especially on a saturday when there is no footy OR cricket on!)

Maybe he changed his tune because we are close to getting someone whos already in a job?

hmmmm... the thick plottens...

Whilst it appears to be a great idea to have a Director communicating directly with the fans I am beginning to doubt the wisdom of "airing our washing in full public gaze" - by that I mean, it is now evident that the press are wise to the General`s postings and using his comments as official club statements although General Krulak points out they are his thoughts and not those of the board.

On the other hand we have posters making derogatory comments on this site that they would not dream of making face to face to this individual. Furthermore I have lost count of the number of inane questions put to the forum - I sometimes doubt the intelligence of some of our fellow posters and so called Villa fans.

I think it may be prudent for the General to stop posting on here and H&V until the new management team is in place and for posters to get a sense of reality as to who we can attract as manager and to play for us.

I agree with this, I almost suggested it to the general yesterday after his rant at the fans. It doesn't seem to be helping the situation much at the moment, and I'm a little alarmed that the General felt the need to have a rant in the first place. The last thing he wants to do is alienate the fans, no matter how ridiculous they are behaving.

perhaps the questions that are put to the general should be supervised more closely by moderators?

i think the general acted a little bit amateurishley to be honest and it was out of character with how he has been the rest of the time on here. that said - there has never been a situation like the current one for him to deal with.

personally i dont think that he should stop coming on here because it is a great forum for exchanges of opinion and hopefully both he and villatalk in general can learn from this blip.

Why would we go after managers that are unemployed, generally they are unemployed for a reason.

because they are available and dont cost compensation.

when sven, jol, ramos, ranieri, zola, grant etc got sacked they were unemployed but not necessarily bad managers.

Has anyone considered that we are getting Houllier who isn't fond of Carew and Staunton who probably isn't fond of Ireland. If Ireland gets put on the back burner, then Man Citeh have truely done us over and got Milner for £18m.

I spoke to Staunton over the summer in the Fox in shenstone and he was raving about how good Ireland was, and how upset he didnt want to carry on playing for the Republic...... so dont worry about that one

That is good to hear. If it is true, I'm not worried about Stan being a coach with K Mac. Deep down, we all loved him playing for us even though he went back to plop for a bit.

Why would we go after managers that are unemployed, generally they are unemployed for a reason.

Every manager gets sacked and is unemployed at some point.

Unfortunately, the first month of the season is the absolute worst possible time to be looking for a new manager.

I think most of the frustration are down to us not hearing anything that real.....General Krulak takes a 2 day break from the forums and we're left relying on the media or rumours from other fans.

People grab onto them bits of info because we're not hearing anything from the club, about what is going on other than a statement about what they're looking for in a new manager, which I'm sure is only down to people on here asking General Krulak if the club could release something to tell the fans, as we're left in the dark most of the time.

We know Randy isn't the kind of person who runs to the media to tell them everything, so inturn we don't hear very much about the goings on at the club and we're left to take any info we hear and blow it up tenfold at times.

Every manager gets sacked and is unemployed at some point.

Unfortunately, the first month of the season is the absolute worst possible time to be looking for a new manager.

You're right, it's not good timing but that's the position we're in and we can't afford to be too PC about it.

Proberly has something to do with us either not wanting or able to afford the compo.

I wil let you decide which :lol:

Houllier will be a good appointment, and Macca is a good coach. We will be fine with them two.

But if Staunton is let anywhere near the first team squad, then you can expect some player unrest, cos he can cause an argument with a mirror. I would even hazard a guess, that Stevie Ireland wont want to stay in the same room with him.

Its a paper talk anyway, so im not going to get myself in a lather about it just yet.

I still think we will be pleasently suprised.

I've heard a lot about GH buying foriegn players that flopped. So if they were English and flopped it would be ok would it? It seemed to be for MON. There is something slighty xenophobic in that attitude if you ask me.

His flop percentage was far far far higher than MON's.

I aggree, but alongside all those FLOPS were some gems, like all managers at any level of football - but the key thing is - MON had flops and won nowt, Houllier had flops and won 6 trophies in 6 years..........

not too mention his 5 major trophies in French Football

Houllier took over a side that had finished 3rd and MON took over a side that had finished 17th.

Of course he's going to bloody win trophies if he's managing Liverpool or Lyon, doesn't make him a genius suddenly or make it likely he'd win anything at Villa. I suppose everyone bringing that up would have Houllier over Moyes because Moyes hasn't won anything?

its only the same as everyone w*nking over Oneill winning trophies in scotland with Celtic !!

If one applies (e2z – 1) / (e2z + 1) then it becomes obvious that everything points to it being Jol as the new manager

simples

How does the Sine function in exponential form indicate the probability of Jol as manager?.

From my calculations by applying the Runge Kutta numerical method , I deduce Manuel Pellegrini to be named on the 10th of September.

If one applies (e2z – 1) / (e2z + 1) then it becomes obvious that everything points to it being Jol as the new manager

simples

How does the Sine function in exponential form indicate the probability of Jol as manager?.

From my calculations by applying the Runge Kutta numerical method , I deduce Manuel Pellegrini to be named on the 10th of September.

Nerd :lol:

Anybody upset with GH being next manager dosent seem to have a realistic option they would prefer? So are we now moaning for the sake of moaning? It's quite a shame how much we forget what Randy has done for the club in 4 years. You couldn't even blame him if he sold the club and left when you hear the way some have turned on him. I just really hope it's a small minority.