Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MON was on a rolling 12month contract only, so I'm assuming he had the opportunity to walk away when it was due for renewal

which would have been about the time he did also.

We've done this one Julie.

A rolling contract is never renewed, it just rolls.

If we do get a manager from another club it will take a while to arrange compensation for backroom staff etc. Hopefully RL is not looking at this as an opportunity to save some money.

A bigger problem will be looking for coaching staff should we employ KM or a manager currently out of work.

The longer this drags out though the more likely someone like Moyes could be appointed.

I think we'll hear something on Friday. Don't know why, I just think things are moving at a pace this week. We know that AVFC are notoriously leak-proof so any silence shouldn't be misinterpreted. I predict an announcement which will solve the issue of new manager, KMacD's position, backroom staff all in one swoop.

If we do get a manager from another club it will take a while to arrange compensation for backroom staff etc. Hopefully RL is not looking at this as an opportunity to save some money.

A bigger problem will be looking for coaching staff should we employ KM or a manager currently out of work.

The longer this drags out though the more likely someone like Moyes could be appointed.

The bookies are only reflecting the amount of money that punters are putting on the various candidates, so that they won't have to pay out too much if the candidate attracting most bets actually wins.

They are not predicting the future, they are protecting their money - they have no better way of knowing what will really happen than any of us.

the facts are: He is an Olympic champion at holding a grudge and he has a considerable ego. If he wished us well then it would be through clenched teeth and with his fingers crossed behind his back.
Just to note that, technically, there are no facts in that statement.

Just (probably quite justified) jaundiced opinion. :)