Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Moyes -> Villa

Rodwell -> United

Pienaar -> Spurs

That'd be some bum deal for Everton fans on the last day of the transfer window :D

Maybe before he jumps ship, he could bring some of our deadwood to Everton

"Minutes after Everton completed the signing of Davies, Heskey, Sidwell and Beye, David Moyes has resigned as manager. Incredible scenes here at Goodison Park"

that would be hilarious maybe swap Arteta, Cahill and Fellaini in return

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny how on the Everton forums they're all like "Villa!?" as if we're some kind of inferior team. If anything we're better.

Arguably. Everton and ourselves are very similar clubs. I can understand and would share their puzzlement if Moyes were to join Villa.

I wouldn't be displeased, but at the moment it's internet talk.

I think from the General's point of view, if he's referring to Moyes, he'll be thinking that if he were to jump ship, it would exhibit a huge lack of loyalty and considering that we don't want to get into another MON situation whereby he walks out when we're in the midst of developing the club gradually, if Moyes got an offer of a bigger club a couple of years into the Villa project having not had the success we were hoping, would he walk aswell and leave us struggling to replace him again, or even if he had the success, but Man Utd came in and he left, we'd again be back to square 1.

But then again you can only make decisions based on information available and not the ifs and maybes or the future. And the information available is that Moyes is a good manager who has achieved with limited funds - Sounds just like MON actually before he joined Villa

That is the nature of the game though isn't it Yillan? Unless you smash into the top 4 and cement your place then your best players and manager are always there for the taking if the big boys (and Man City, the words removed) come knocking.

I think from the General's point of view, if he's referring to Moyes, he'll be thinking that if he were to jump ship, it would exhibit a huge lack of loyalty and considering that we don't want to get into another MON situation whereby he walks out when we're in the midst of developing the club gradually, if Moyes got an offer of a bigger club a couple of years into the Villa project having not had the success we were hoping, would he walk aswell and leave us struggling to replace him again, or even if he had the success, but Man Utd came in and he left, we'd again be back to square 1.

But then again you can only make decisions based on information available and not the ifs and maybes or the future. And the information available is that Moyes is a good manager who has achieved with limited funds - Sounds just like MON actually before he joined Villa

It all comes down to ambition. Nobody can question his loyalty. He's been there for 8 years, brought them to a final and hardly been given any budget. He's rumoured to have walked out in 2008, but he kept at it.

Nobody can dare question his loyalty whatsoever. If he was to leave, you can be rest assured that something drastic has happened.

Could be bullshit, more than likely it is, but there was talk of their chairman going behind his back and selling Rodwell to Fergie for £10m.

They seem to think Villa would be a sideways step at best for Moyes.

Because it would be.

It wouldn't be a sideways step at best. You could consider it a sideways step, but not 'at best', IMO. With a decent manager, we're a better side than Everton and we've got a better chairman.

Bob Bradley has been given a 4-year extension as coach of the US.

That link is now well and truly over.

i will sleep a tiny bit easier tonight with this news :)

Same here,he was the one I did fear most :-)

Poor US fans will sleep bad the next 4 years.

Because it would be.

It wouldn't be a sideways step at best. You could consider it a sideways step, but not 'at best', IMO. With a decent manager, we're a better side than Everton and we've got a better chairman.

I agree. It'd be a sidestep at worst.

I saw one post on there that said Moyes going to us would be like Torres going to Tranmere...

Because it would be.

the only part I can fully agree with is the "better chairman" part at this point in time. Everton are a very good side with a range of talent from all over the place, theyve just been very unlucky in recent years with injuries etc.

theyve just been very unlucky in recent years with injuries etc.
What about this season?

You realise we're only 3 games into it right? We were outplayed the last time even though we won!

It was much more of an open game second half.