Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I'll donate a tenner to VT if it's Bradley. Not a cat in hells chance. The board know they have to get a manager in who they feel will at least keep us up there challenging for a european spot, if not move us on. Bradley to me, whilst being impressive in basically knock out games, has no real impressive CV when it comes to a long slog of a season.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bradley is going for the job I might stick my CV in too. I managed a team in the Tamworth junior league for a few years and we have exactly the same amount of experience managing in the Prem.

I'm not a big Sven fan but would take him all ways over the yank nobody.

Bradley will be a buisness decision and nothing more. Expand the market in the USA and bring in a few of their players.

I will weep if it happens and I suspect a fair amount of people would share the same sentiment.

Don't be silly Randy.

Unless of course the idea is to make Aston Villa marketable to an American audience.

Bradley would be such a dissappointing choice. He has no European experience, let alone English experience. As far as I know, he has only managed (at club level) in America, which is like us plucking someone from the Conference. This smells (if true) of the cheap option. I wish for once, we would just show a bit of ambition and get the best manager available - Sven. I am fed up of us being a nearly club, I want us to push on, but if it is Bob Bradley, then we will finish 10th at best IMO. If Randy hasn't got the funds to compete anymore, then maybe he should try and find someone who has!

Talksport is saying that he is the new Manager

Not quite their speculating that he has quit his USA job and MAY be in line to become the new manger. Pure speculation and not a quote in sight. Bollocks in my opinion. However he is odds on favourite with all bookies as a result of the rumours.

Odds now at 1-3 in some places, continuing to fall

You think the bookies have a special phone on Randy's desk so they can be informed during the process and adjust their odds accordingly?

They are just guessing like the rest of us.

ROFL at the illuminati, was reading some stuff on them lot, such BS.

The Zionists rule the world dontcha know. New World Order, waaaaaah!!!

I really cant think who'd i'd want especially out of the list that seem available, i think i'd rather keep Kev Mac.

anybody considering tearing up a season card on the appointment of their least fave candidate please see me first - I'd be more than happy to give you a tenner for it.

you still have your principles and I get very cheap access to what will be at the very least an interesting few months. win win.

if you could predict which manager fits which squad fits which owner then it wouldn't be worth playing the actual games we could just feed all the info into a computer and await the computer calculated result each week, printed out to three decimal places.

I would rather have Bradley than Sven. Rather unproven than proven to be rubbish.

So Sven has proven to be rubbish has he? I think the last 2 England managers have proved he wasn't doing such a bad job.

I would rather have Bradley than Sven. Rather unproven than proven to be rubbish.

So Sven has proven to be rubbish has he? I think the last 2 England managers have proved he wasn't doing such a bad job.

Yes.

He lost it with England and was poor at Man City.

Yes.

Admittedly, my memory isn't great but I've read this a number of times in the last few days. My recollection was that Sven was actually going OK at City and was unfortunate to have been given his P45.

Yes.

highest City finish in about 20 years and best England manager in 20 years

Yes.

He lost it with England, going out in the quarter finals on penaltys when down to 10 men? Since then England have been shite. Man City finish 9th in Svens first and only season, MON finished 11 in his first season with us. He was very popular with the fans.