Barry Bannan

villianusa

BB SHOULD BE SOLD,not good enough for this league,bb wont come back to haunt us,just because he came through the "system" does not make him good enough.. the like of bannan are the reason ASTON VILLA have been in bottom half of the Premier League..

BB SHOULD BE SOLD,not good enough for this league,bb wont come back to haunt us,just because he came through the "system" does not make him good enough.. the like of bannan are the reason ASTON VILLA have been in bottom half of the Premier League..

No it's not.

His points per game is higher than the team's points per game.

Perhaps you could start afresh and state who you would currently drop to accomodate Bannan and explain his strengths in direct comparison with our current first team midfielders.

In case you haven't been following this thread (wouldn't blame you not to) I've said for the last couple of fixtures - prior to the games - I would not start Bannan.

I've made this clear but it doesn't have any affect. I must fall into line with the popular (in here) dogma. If I don't there will continue to be "a disturbance in the force".

So the question is irrelevant because I wouldn't start him right now.

His strengths compared to Westwood and Delph are: his better vision for the pass, better crossing and corners. I support the latter two claims with statistics. I accept that other people don't like these statistics, but that is where my opinion comes from in this case. 

His weaknesses are: lack of experience with respect to Westwood, and less effective defensive qualities (fewer tackles and interceptions), compared to both, especially Delph.

With all due respect, what are you on about?

Westwood has more assists from corners, has more assists generally and is a better player. Lack of experience compared to Westwood?

This STAT proves you wrong.

Bannan: 61 PL appearances

Westwood: 29 PL appearances.

To be honest I agree with some of Con's points and I agree with some of the points made by other people.  End of the day Bannan is just not good enough.  Delph, Sylla and Westwood are much better.  I am sure we will add to these three and whoever we buy will most likely be better than Bannan. 

• Like 2

I think its a great thread. The fact that on the night we could find whether Villa will remain in the Premiere league and we are talking about Barry Bannan - brilliant!

Some might enjoy taking their mind off an event they can not influence.

On another note, how can we be relegated tonight?

No it's not.

His points per game is higher than the team's points per game.

That does not mean anything. At all. It does not take into consideration the teams we are playing, the form of other players and the form of other teams. If ten players are playing great and Bannan is lousy, the team can still win and his ratio would still go up. The fact is that Bannan is not playing, no-one wants him to play and there you have it.

If Bannan's points per game average is higher than the team that shows team form this season was better with Bannan in the side than without.

That is literally true.

If Bannan's points per game average is higher than the team that shows team form this season was better with Bannan in the side than without.

That is literally true.

You're hilarious.

Two weeks ago it was Bannan has the best points per game in the league.

One week ago it was Bannan has almost the best points per game in the league.

Now it's he's got more points per game than the team per game, which not only shows how volatile and pointless this stat is, but it also means he isn't near the top of one of your stats which you clung to in such desperation only 2 weeks ago! I admire the attempt on trying to put a positive spin on a stat which is  totally irrelevant to how good he is in the Premier League but ultimately you are once again talking a load of absolute utter bollocks. :)

stats can be manipulated id love to see the stats on all the players that barry bannan played with just during the games we won see where they lie in the equation

I'll be doing an end of season Statacular. Save it for then.

If you think about it though, if Bannan raised the Villa team average with his PPG average, then there must be players who lowered it with their PPG average.

Thanks Barry for the 20 points which helped save us!