Barry Bannan

villianusa

BBannan25Barry Bannan

Good to get 90 mins today. Win 7-1 and got 2 goals #happydays

Looks like he's been one-upped. Posted seconds later:

andiweimann Andreas Weimann

Great to play 90 minutes again and get a cheeky hattrick as well ! Beat wolves 7:1 ! #happydays

Bannan - He'll be washing cars in a few years never to be heard of again.

Why do people always go to the extreme to get their points across. You're only making yourself look like a mug.

It's called humour, obviously you are far too serious and/or a big Bannan fan. For the record, I am pretty sure that in the next few years he'll be plying his trade in the PL, albeit the Scottish one. Average player that has good technical ability but little else to his game and physique will never work in a league that is largely dominated by pace and power. And before people throw names like Silva at me, he's exceptiona whilst Bannan is not.

Why do people always go to the extreme to get their points across. You're only making yourself look like a mug.

It's called humour, obviously you are far too serious and/or a big Bannan fan. For the record, I am pretty sure that in the next few years he'll be plying his trade in the PL, albeit the Scottish one. Average player that has good technical ability but little else to his game and physique will never work in a league that is largely dominated by pace and power. And before people throw names like Silva at me, he's exceptiona whilst Bannan is not.

Or it's called shit humour. Can never tell on here nowadays anyday, full of sensationalists bidding to work for the Sun. I'm not a massive Bannan fan but the only way he'll be playing in the SPL is if he wants to play for his boyhood club and even then he'd be good enough to play for some Premier League side.

The Premier League is changing, I will ignore Silva and mention Swansea, their whole team is full of small technical players. Then there are the likes of Hoolahan for Norwich who is excellent and Frei for Fulham has settled in nicely.

ATM Villa is not the place for a young developing talent like Bannan, he needs a few seasons at lower level to find his true worth. If he can hold is personal life together i think he has a chance of being a good PL player.

We have been starved of a midfield creative talent for so long I think a few of us got a head of ourselves with Bannan's ability at such a young age........His corners are some of the best I have from Villa.

Sorry but Hendrie was better than Bannan is. Hendrie is sold short by lots of the Villa faithful and he loved the club! Bannan will never do anywhere near as much for Villa as Hendrie did!

gotta totally aggree........ i think Hendrie was a good good villa player for a long spell....... totally underrated by the faithful.......

Or it's called shit humour. Can never tell on here nowadays anyday, full of sensationalists bidding to work for the Sun. I'm not a massive Bannan fan but the only way he'll be playing in the SPL is if he wants to play for his boyhood club and even then he'd be good enough to play for some Premier League side.

The Premier League is changing, I will ignore Silva and mention Swansea, their whole team is full of small technical players. Then there are the likes of Hoolahan for Norwich who is excellent and Frei for Fulham has settled in nicely.

I pretty much disagree with all you say as I doubt any of the players you named would be deemed good enough by the fans to play for Villa. I mean, look at the fuss over Keane, a player with a track record. Imagine being linked with Joe Allen et al, this forum would be in meltdown. The teams you mention are also midtable at best. The teams at the top still rely mainly on physical/pacy players throughout the spine of their team, the club currently leading the way clearly show this.

I will also stick to my original opinion that Bannan is nowhere near good enough to play for Villa on a consistent basis, I think the facts to date prove this. I also stand by my opinion that he will probably fade from view within the next few seasons, I've supported Villa long enough to see many players to be built up to demi-gods by fans only to fall flat on their faces. With regard to your 'Sun' reference, I really don't see how that connects to anything I've said so I think we'll leave it there. It's all about opinions VillaAlec so relax a little and lessen the provocative responses as you may end up looking like the mug. Have a good day :)

I pretty much disagree with all you say as I doubt any of the players you named would be deemed good enough by the fans to play for Villa. I mean, look at the fuss over Keane, a player with a track record. Imagine being linked with Joe Allen et al, this forum would be in meltdown. The teams you mention are also midtable at best. The teams at the top still rely mainly on physical/pacy players throughout the spine of their team, the club currently leading the way clearly show this.

I will also stick to my original opinion that Bannan is nowhere near good enough to play for Villa on a consistent basis, I think the facts to date prove this. I also stand by my opinion that he will probably fade from view within the next few seasons, I've supported Villa long enough to see many players to be built up to demi-gods by fans only to fall flat on their faces. With regard to your 'Sun' reference, I really don't see how that connects to anything I've said so I think we'll leave it there. It's all about opinions VillaAlec so relax a little and lessen the provocative responses as you may end up looking like the mug. Have a good day :)

i must aggree pretty much word for word........ dont think bannan is anywhere near good enough to force his way into our side..... similar story with Fonz...... both have been in and around the squad a good long while now and neither have ever held a spot down at all........ the most they get is the odd runout.......... before anyone says "they havent been given the chance" - they gotta be good enough to earn the chance..........

Bannan has been MOTM several times when playing in the first team. He's a full Scottish International but some mugs on here think he isn't good enough to play in the first team because Mclown doesn't pick him? :bonk: OK.

This^^^

Not bad when you also think that McClown also plays him in a different position most matches....

Before the incident Bannan was our best player Gabby aside; involved in over 70% of our goals. He was the most creative, and also the most consistent. He was (our) MOTM or runner up for pretty much every game he started in that period, and it was the same when he was on international duty. It's almost as if people don't want him to make it with their blanket statements.

The thing is when he has come on since his driving incident he hasn't looked good at all. I like him but there is competition in our squad for that attacking midfielder spot and if he wants it he needs to work hard to get it whenever he gets a chance.

Is that you Lee ?

No it not. So do you actually think Barry Bannan is a better player than Lee Hendrie was for us?

when lee had only played a handful of games for the club at first team level you mean?

i remember him coming through and loved the fact he was a local lad in a league where it seemed like a fairytale that a local lad would come through. but i reckon bannan looks to be technically a better player. whether he has the character to turn that greater technical skill into greater success in a claret and blue shirt than hendrie is impossible to say right now.

i think he looks a better player at this stage in his career though. you can't compare lee hendries full career with bannan's few games. that would be bonkers.