Barry Bannan

villianusa

The only thing I'd change about that formation would be to swap the positioning of Jenas and Bannan. I think Bannan likes to see the play infront of him, and certaintly doesnt want to be running after lumped balls from Collins. When they came on yesterday, it was Jenas who took the more offensive role.

Great point man, agreed.

We can try out that diamond that worked well against Wigan

----Bannan----

Jenas--Petrov--

-----Herd--------

I would love to see that, but it would mean N'Zogbia being dropped for the third time (I think). Not a problem really, but I think he's be making a little progress every time he plays personally

To make this post on topic, Bannan over Heskey any day

----Bannan----

Jenas--Petrov--

-----Herd--------

I would love to see that, but it would mean N'Zogbia being dropped for the third time (I think). Not a problem really, but I think he's be making a little progress every time he plays personally

We can always swap one of Herd or Petrov with N'Zogbia and play 4-3-3, for an even more attacking line-up with actual width...but I was trying to be as close to reality as possible. But seriously a line-up of

Gabby---Bent---N'Zogbia

-----Jenas---Bannan------

---------Petrov-----------

--Obligatory Defence-----

can give any team a good game...but it will never happen though :(

----Bannan----

Jenas--Petrov--

-----Herd--------

I think that formation would be quite narrow. Before when we played the diamond, I think we had Delph and Bannan in the wider roles, so that, if needed, they can drop onto the wing.

I don't know how confident I would be with Petrov or Jenas on the wing.

Bannan switching with Jenas is a start, but I'm still not sure how it would work out, having Petrov in the wider role (unless Gabby is expected to float about infront of the midfield).

This kid has to start for me.

I get excited when he gets on the ball. I haven't felt like that since Ashley Young four years ago.

He does the simple passes well, always finds space for himself.

And on the rare occasion that our forward line/winger moves or makes a run, this boy can pick them out.

He has to replace Heskey. Then AMC and Collins can no longer rely on hoof ball.

----Bannan----

Jenas--Petrov--

-----Herd--------

We can always swap one of Herd or Petrov with N'Zogbia and play 4-3-3, for an even more attacking line-up with actual width...but I was trying to be as close to reality as possible. But seriously a line-up of

Gabby---Bent---N'Zogbia

-----Jenas---Bannan------

---------Petrov-----------

--Obligatory Defence-----

can give any team a good game...but it will never happen though :(

That's my line-up except Albrighton for N'zogbia. Albrighton at least creates from the wing and he can change a game with his crossing ability. N'Zogbia does nothing.

Its not until he's out of the side that you realise how much of an influence wee Barry CAN have on a game. On Sunday it was pretty obvious the effect he had on the play when he came on. OK, we were having a fairly shit day, but straight away the pace of the game changed, his passes were accurate and dangerous and we were the better side by miles. It was also noticeable how Bents movement became more animated, which did'nt come off, but maybe would have had Bannan started.

He has to start for me. So he might have the odd quiet game, he's getting better and better all the time.

I also have no idea why we are playing Heskey over Bannan, Heskey is a workhorse for sure but he is not the main to supply a defence splitting pass. Bannan has that quality, he also has confidence in his ability, when he plays he seems to work hard to impress.

I also have no idea why we are playing Heskey over Bannan, Heskey is a workhorse for sure but he is not the main to supply a defence splitting pass. Bannan has that quality, he also has confidence in his ability, when he plays he seems to work hard to impress.

Well I suspect his recent bout of idiocy is one of the reasons he's not starting. And quite right too. He'll be back in soon enough.

Well I suspect his recent bout of idiocy is one of the reasons he's not starting. And quite right too. He'll be back in soon enough.

He should have started on Sunday and HAS TO start against Manure. Get over whatever he did the courts have punished him, let's draw a line under it.

Proved in 10 mins on Sunday why he is head and shoulders above both Delph and Heskey.

He should have started on Sunday and HAS TO start against Manure. Get over whatever he did the courts have punished him, let's draw a line under it.

Proved in 10 mins on Sunday why he is head and shoulders above both Delph and Heskey.

Don't get me wrong - he'd be in my first XI every time on ability, but he deserved a little bench time for being a clearing in the woods.

Think that Heskey and Bannan are differing types of player. I`d bet that opposing defenders are more worried when challenging Heskey than Bannan, simply due to his physical presence, whereby Bannan`s ball distribution and eye for a pass make him a formidible challenge when he gets the ball.

Difference between tea and coffee really. Down to a matter of taste.

Have noticed that many opponents avoid passing to players near Heskey, which possibly accounts for the somewhat unfounded notions that he does nothing during games.

Think that Heskey and Bannan are differing types of player. I`d bet that opposing defenders are more worried when challenging Heskey than Bannan, simply due to his physical presence, whereby Bannan`s ball distribution and eye for a pass make him a formidible challenge when he gets the ball.

Have noticed that many opponents avoid passing to players near Heskey, which possibly accounts for the somewhat unfounded notions that he does nothing during games.

Mmmmmm!!!! Maybe our players could learn a thing or two from the opposotion and also avoid passing to Heskey (or hoofing as it is commonly known)?

The big differnce OD is that Bannan is a MIDFIELDER! Unlike Heskey who is a STRIKER. Now when choosing your team and in particular the midfield which one would you play there?

I also hate how McTurd keeps on emphasising the fact that he has been playing 4 strikers in the side making out that we are a Keeganesque gung ho attacking side! McTurd it don't count when you play 3 strikers in midfield you fucktard!

I'd rather play a player that creates chances instead of one that opposition players simply avoid (if that is indeed the case). With Bannan and Jenas fit, there is absolutely no excuse to keep playing Heskey in midfield.