Barry Bannan

villianusa

Today was ideal for Bannan, a non physical, open footballing opponent

Bannan may not be right for Bolton away for example or Stoke where it's more of a physical toe to toe warfare scenario

See I think almost the opposite. Those are the kind of places where players like Bannan make a difference. Football is 80% exploitation.

Well hasn't Heskey been playing instead of Bannan all season apart from when Heskey was injured?

Bannan was predominantly playing on the right side of midfield.

I'm pretty sure all season there's only been 1 game where both Bannan and Heskey have started. I personally think AMC likes it one way or the other.

Well hasn't Heskey been playing instead of Bannan all season apart from when Heskey was injured?

Bannan was predominantly playing on the right side of midfield.

I'm pretty sure all season there's only been 1 game where both Bannan and Heskey have started. I personally think AMC likes it one way or the other.

Possibly. Although comparing N'Zogbia and Bannan, it's hard to see what Zog offers by the way of team effort that Bannan could not. Both are in effect luxury players. One of them is (was) in good form and catching the eye. The other, well, was (is) not.

All seems like co-incidence to me. No offence intended by the way.

Jenas and Delph both put great balls into feet in the box in the last 12 mins

We looked a different team when Jj and BB got on

Agreed when Jenas and Bannan came on, we started going forward and actually made the game interesting. Those two should be starting with a true defensive mid behind them but knowing McLeish he'll stick with Heskey and Petrov as our two creative mids.

Bannan is a great player and deserves to start - I'd go as far as saying that he's our best attacking midfielder now.

Completely Agree.

He remains massively underrated on here as far as I'm concerned. When I watch him play, his technical ability dwarfs that of others in the team who have been playing at the top level for a decade. He absolutely ecplises the other youth players in the squad in terms of ability.

I really think that a midfield of Bannan, Jenas and Herd or Petrov could work wonders. We might actually get to keep hold of the ball for more than 2 passes, though I'm not sure McLeish would appreciate such an approach.

Get him back in for United's visit please, he didnt do too badly in the corresponding fixture from last year IIRC.

Bannan is a great player and deserves to start - I'd go as far as saying that he's our best attacking midfielder now.

Completely Agree.

He remains massively underrated on here as far as I'm concerned. When I watch him play, his technical ability dwarfs that of others in the team who have been playing at the top level for a decade. He absolutely ecplises the other youth players in the squad in terms of ability.

I really think that a midfield of Bannan, Jenas and Herd or Petrov could work wonders. We might actually get to keep hold of the ball for more than 2 passes, though I'm not sure McLeish would appreciate such an approach.

Get him back in for United's visit please, he didnt do too badly in the corresponding fixture from last year IIRC.

Completely agree. I'm actually surprised people aren't going batshit over him right now...really underrated here. Every time he plays for club and country, he is either MOTM or a close second...that's impressive in itself.

You know, I think having those 4 in a midfield would be fine (2 AMs, 2 DMs) - they could pass it around nicely between them at least, looking for Gabby or playing a through-ball to Bent. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see that anytime soon.

The only thing I'd change about that formation would be to swap the positioning of Jenas and Bannan. I think Bannan likes to see the play infront of him, and certaintly doesnt want to be running after lumped balls from Collins. When they came on yesterday, it was Jenas who took the more offensive role.