Barry Bannan

villianusa

Hes going on loan to Leeds until the end of the season. Not happy about this, wanted him in our squad.

He will be getting game time at a pretty good standard. We cant give him that at the moment, especially Makoun coming back, and the league position we are in.

Houllier rates him, and is building him up gradually. Hes still a little light weight in my opinion, but next season?

It makes sense.

We only have 2 games in that 28 day period before we can recall him, makes perfect sense to loan him out.

And makes it very good timing given that as well. I suspect it was deliberate that he wasn't loaned out sooner.

And makes it very good timing given that as well. I suspect it was deliberate that he wasn't loaned out sooner.

It was said to be on the back of getting knocked out of the FA Cup that we were prepared to let some of the youngsters out on loan.

At least he's gone to a good championship club, not entirely sure how much game time he'll get for Leeds though, whether he'll be their 3rd choice CM or start every week. If Leeds get promoted this year I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him there permanent.

I'd say they'll start with him most times. I don't know their midfield but I can't imagine they've brought him in to boost morale or competition. He's a full Scottish international with plenty of appearances for us this season and a budding reputation; not to mention he helped Blackpool towards promotion last season. I'd be amazed if he didn't play most of the time he's there. Obvious exception being possibly coming off the bench in the first game as that's just good management.

If Leeds get promoted this year I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him there permanent.

Don't say such things :shock:

http://tinyurl.com/5wvnrzc < 2 minute interview regarding Bannan on there.

"We needed to get a midfield player in, in case anything happens to the other three that have been playing in there.

Sounds like he is there as backup?

i feel sorry for this geeza, player that shows heart determination and ability. sent out on loan to another potential premiership team. buys a house near BH and then gets shit on whilst we have pires on our subs bench

I really hope we dont have to see another villa player sold and be a great assistant somewhere else, ie Gary Cahill and Peter Whittingham.

He could be going to the prem as we are going down. good move for him though, it'll take him away from all the shit thats going on at Villa. lets hope he might return under a new manager next season.

I'd say they'll start with him most times. I don't know their midfield but I can't imagine they've brought him in to boost morale or competition. He's a full Scottish international with plenty of appearances for us this season and a budding reputation; not to mention he helped Blackpool towards promotion last season. I'd be amazed if he didn't play most of the time he's there. Obvious exception being possibly coming off the bench in the first game as that's just good management.
I really don't think he'll start because of the type of player he is. Leeds play the same formation as us and he'll likely end up playing in the same role for Leeds, where I don't think they'll want him because of his size.

I don't see why Villa would loan him to them to sit on their bench. He may aswell sit on ours in that case. I see what you're saying but I'd be surprised if discussions around game time hadn't happened before the loan went through.

This is a weird one. Every time I watch Bannan play, he seems a level above the rest of the team in terms of technique and ideas. Must be something missing with him at this stage, though, if Houllier doesn't fancy him. For the record, I really, really like Bannan and think he'll tear up the Championship.

I don't see why Villa would loan him to them to sit on their bench. He may aswell sit on ours in that case. I see what you're saying but I'd be surprised if discussions around game time hadn't happened before the loan went through.
I actually think Leeds and Villa have some sort of agreement on loan players, since we got Delph and they released that statement thanking us for how we conducted ourselves we've since sent them Lowry, Lichaj and Bannan in the past 12 months. He'll undoubtedly get playing time, but Leeds have 3 CM's and they use all of them every time they play.

He might well start, but I'm not sure Leeds are going to be willing to drop a first team player when they're doing well for somebody who might only be there for a month.

This is a weird one. Every time I watch Bannan play, he seems a level above the rest of the team in terms of technique and ideas. Must be something missing with him at this stage, though, if Houllier doesn't fancy him. For the record, I really, really like Bannan and think he'll tear up the Championship.
My simple analysis of him at the moment is that Bannan in possession is not the problem. Bannan without possession is where his game is lacking. If he doesn't have the ball then the game can pass him by (and it has done).

He could be going to the prem as we are going down. good move for him though, it'll take him away from all the shit thats going on at Villa. lets hope he might return under a new manager next season.

Nice defeatist attitude there!