Barry Bannan

villianusa

My defence of Bannan was a reaction to the pre-existing unreasonable, bitter misrepresentation of his game. Remember Bannan is one of if not the winningest player of the 12/13 season. When he looks back on his final year at Villa all his memories will be of winning, even though as a team we had a losing season.

Winnniiinnnng

I've heard that he'll be coming onto the pitch at half time tonight to say bye.

I presume you mean to say he'll be coming onto the pitch to wave Goodbye to the bench.

Won't be long too before he is warming the bench at Blackburn either.

Then Scunthorpe, then kidderminster, then Bedlington Terriers, then the Hare & Hounds.

I see his future in the legal industry as a Barrister- Judge Bannan, always warming the bench ;)

Maybe you should give it a rest now eh?

Good luck to the lad. I don't think he is good enough to play in the Prem so on that score I am not sad to see him go. I always got the impression he did his best when called upon for us though so you can ask no more. I can see him carving out a decent career for himself in the Championship and in the grand scheme of things that is nothing to be sniffed at and will rightly be considered another success from our academy.

My defence of Bannan was a reaction to the pre-existing unreasonable, bitter misrepresentation of his game. Remember Bannan is one of if not the winningest player of the 12/13 season. When he looks back on his final year at Villa all his memories will be of winning, even though as a team we had a losing season.

He was awful. He would have been forgiven for being awful if you didn't come on here saying how he will join Man Utd or Arsenal and he is world class.

Your ludicrous claims are what started the Bannan hatred and he is as all have suspected... not good enough for the PL.

Admit it... you got it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong.

Johnson

Good luck to the lad. I don't think he is good enough to play in the Prem so on that score I am not sad to see him go. I always got the impression he did his best when called upon for us though so you can ask no more. I can see him carving out a decent career for himself in the Championship and in the grand scheme of things that is nothing to be sniffed at and will rightly be considered another success from our academy.

This!

Hope he does well for Blackburn

The good news is we may not have seen the last of Bannan at Villa Park. He's Scottish, and therefore will be a football manager later in life. I think I can also detect a hint of ginger in his hair, and I know the club has a special place in its heart for ginger Scottish managers.

I for one welcome our future football overlord. Barry Bannan's Claret and Blue Army! UTB!

Edited by Panto_Villan

Baby-Mental.gif

Shame it didn't work out, looked promising at one point but i don't think he had the head or discipline to be a top footballer.

Yet another victim of the english football youth system

winningest player of the 12/13 season

"winningest" is not a word in English, please don't use it.

The english language doesn't have powerfull enough words to describe Bannan

Once again the lesson here is that a players form in his first few senior games is a very poor indicator of that players ability to produce week in week out.

I would wish him well, but the drink drive incident prevents me. No one on his sort of salary - can ever justify being drunk behind the wheel of a car.

Once again the lesson here is that a players form in his first few senior games is a very poor indicator of that players ability to produce week in week out.

I would wish him well, but the drink drive incident prevents me. No one on his sort of salary - can ever justify being drunk behind the wheel of a car.

What the hell has it got to do with his salary? Strange thing to say. 

• Like 1

What the hell has it got to do with his salary? Strange thing to say. 

I think it's to do with the fact that no matter where in the UK the guy is, getting a taxi home would cost about an hour's wage