Barry Bannan

villianusa

The lowest squad number for the worst talent in the team.

Given 35,

N'Zogbia 36,

Stevens 37,

Delfounso 38,

Bent 39,

Ireland 40,

Hutton 41,

Bannan 42.

This truly reflects Lambert's thoughts on Bannan... and it's the same as 99% of the supporters. To be behind Hutton in the list is incredibly damning.

Wasn't Bannan #23 in the squad last season? So by leaving that number blank it's showing we have yet to replace Bannan.

No, I'm pretty sure he was number 25. Further proof (as if it was needed) that you've never seen him play and in fact don't have any idea who he is or what he does. :lol:

For future reference:

76054624a6a311e286b922000a9f14cd_7.jpg

• Like 1

Wasn't Bannan #23 in the squad last season? So by leaving that number blank it's showing we have yet to replace Bannan.

We have replaced Bannan with a better alternative. Blank. Blank offers more protection to our defence, will get as many assists and most importantly will not put the opposition through on goal at a rate of once per game.

We love Blank over Bannan.

• Like 1

I can confirm Bannan was 25 last season.

He's now been replaced this season by Samir Carruthers, Next Gen captain who I think's awesome. With Gardner and the new guys, the midfield is totally up for grabs this year. I would be surprised if Westwood, our only regular midfielder from last year, gets as many games this year. 

42 is the answer to everything

Therefore, Bannan is the answer.

Although, as Deep Thought pointed out, the answer only makes sense if you know what the question was...

How many roads must a man walk down...?

How many Vogons does it take to change a lightbulb...?

How many crosses must Bannan make before someone scores from one of his deliveries...?

It's this kind of essential undecidability that I love about life...

• Like 1

You don't even know his shirt number! Words fail me.

• Like 1

I can confirm Bannan was 25 last season.

He's now been replaced this season by Samir Carruthers, Next Gen captain who I think's awesome. With Gardner and the new guys, the midfield is totally up for grabs this year. I would be surprised if Westwood, our only regular midfielder from last year, gets as many games this year. 

Completely delusional and on full wind-up. Sad to say I'm done with Con.

Not sure why you bother anymore Con, you're not even getting much of a rise out of people anymore.

Not sure what you two found objectionable about his post immediately preceding yours.  I thought it was quite reasonable and would have been judged as such by you and others if the poster had been anyone else.  Brings into question who's on the wind up here.   Some of you seem to like to come on this thread just so you can smugly ridicule Con and make him look the fool.   Unfortunately for you, your efforts have a broader reach than intended and the result is that Con has plenty of company in the parade.

Some of us would like to come on here and see if there's any actual news about Bannan's status.   Not because we think he's great.   Not because we think he's crap.   Not because we love him.  Not because we think he's a word removed.   But because he's a Villa player whose status is uncertain and the resolution of which can have an impact on the future of the team.  It's pretty clear by now who rates him and who doesn't and the reasons why, so please stop all the baiting of each other and allow this thread to provide some useful information or new insight for a change.

• Like 1

Not sure what you two found objectionable about his post immediately preceding yours.  

I think it's that Con has been banging on about Bannan in incredible detail all season, yet he doesn't even know his shirt number.