Barry Bannan

villianusa

So, let me get this right. Clubs want him but rather than sign him now for £1m they are waiting for him to play against England so they can pay £1m or have to pay more if he plays well? That makes lots of sense.

They don't want to put an official bid in because it would start the bidding at £1 million, and inevitably immediately go up to £1.5m if someone else wants him.

If they just pretend they don't want to buy, if he doesn't start the Scotland game they could save 500k.

Con, clubs don't sign players on the basis of one performance. How well he plays (if he even plays against England) is completely irrelevant. If someone bids for him it will be on the basis of how has played in 10 or 15 or 20 games during the season against PL opposition.

This is why we've not had any bids for him.

So, let me get this right. Clubs want him but rather than sign him now for £1m they are waiting for him to play against England so they can pay £1m or have to pay more if he plays well? That makes lots of sense.

They don't want to put an official bid in because it would start the bidding at £1 million, and inevitably immediately go up to £1.5m if someone else wants him.

If they just pretend they don't want to buy, if he doesn't start the Scotland game they could save 500k.

rVlkV.gif

These kids have done so well today!

They certainly have!

Though I sort of expected the conversation to go:

Fan: "What's going on then, you staying?"

BB: "No"

Fan: "OK, don't bother signing the shirt then!"  :)

These kids have done so well today!

They certainly have!

Though I sort of expected the conversation to go:

Fan: "What's going on then, you staying?"

BB: "No"

Fan: "OK, don't bother signing the shirt then!"  :)

That Con in the front seat? :D

He had his chance and didn't quite cut it, 1 assist all season....

At least he sounded gutted about going, I think it's a bit unfair the stick he's had on here, Con isn't his fault. He has some good attributes, if he works on his game he could have a good career.

• Like 4

Wasn't Holloway waxing lyrical about him at the end of the season? I'll see if I can find any links etc. I know he's praised him before but I'm sure I saw a pretty recent interview with Holloway where he mentioned Bannan.

Couldn't understand a word he said, whos in the drivers seat, as he signed that shirt aswell

I think he was sharing a lift with Ireland.

Nah seen the Ireland video on here, he was on his own...

Those youtube kids are brilliant, rather than trying to sell news speculation, they've got the bollucks to front the players up with a phone camera on them and ask them about their future at the club. Brilliant. 

Mixed feelings about Bannan leaving. I don't think he's very good but I rather suspect he might do very well at another club more accommodating to him, although I think probably a 'lesser' club. 

• Like 1