Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defending that team selection is severe delusion IMO. A truly terrible decision from GH
Oh no, I wasn't defending it. I personally didn't agree with the team selection but at the same time I certainly don't think he threw the game either.
I think threw maybe a little harsh. He definitley didn't expect to win it though
Probably, but I wasn't expecting us to win the game either, even before I saw the line-up.

Defending that team selection is severe delusion IMO. A truly terrible decision from GH
Oh no, I wasn't defending it. I personally didn't agree with the team selection but at the same time I certainly don't think he threw the game either.
I think threw maybe a little harsh. He definitley didn't expect to win it though
Probably, but I wasn't expecting us to win the game either, even before I saw the line-up.
but you are not paid by the club as manager to get the most out your players, motivate them and get them worked up to be successful and win games.

He knew we wouldn't win, so dd the players I would guess

Anyone just think he is putting pressure on the club to get these 'big signings' that have been talked about by Macalister in the media?

After all, they were willing to get them in to keep Young, so Downing might just want them to still sign them to get him to stay/show ambition that he wants to be apart of.

would be gutted if stewie leaves. just cant understand where all this has come from. we need a big manager to come in and help keep our best players (ancelotti has to be) and what i dont understand is why he was even doing a interview with the northern echo?? does he really want to move back up north??

Anyone just think he is putting pressure on the club to get these 'big signings' that have been talked about by Macalister in the media?

After all, they were willing to get them in to keep Young, so Downing might just want them to still sign them to get him to stay/show ambition that he wants to be apart of.

I have a feeling that this might be the case. Hope so anyway.

I only found out about this less than an hour ago and to be honest I'm still completely stunned. What the ****?

Only a month ago he was saying he'd still stay even if we got relegated and that he owed the club some loyalty after coming here injured. He also gave every indication of signing a bumper new contract.

Since then we have finished the season in style - and now he reportedly wants out? It just does not make any sense :? I really hope this is rumour and nothing more.

I don't give a monkey's if Ashley Young leaves. But if Downing does, having gone back on some very pertinent comments in a short space of time, I'll be mightily **** off. :|

I only found out about this less than an hour ago and to be honest I'm still completely stunned. What the ****?

Only a month ago he was saying he'd still stay even if we got relegated and that he owed the club some loyalty after coming here injured. He also gave every indication of signing a bumper new contract.

Since then we have finished the season in style - and now he reportedly wants out? It just does not make any sense :? I really hope this is rumour and nothing more.

I don't give a monkey's if Ashley Young leaves. But if Downing does, having gone back on some very pertinent comments in a short space of time, I'll be mightily **** off. :|

I feel exactly the same, stunned. I couldn't believe it. Knowing the modern footballer though I shouldn't be surprised at all. He seems geniune though. Young also stated that he was willing to signn on at the start of the season, the rest is history.

he's never said he wants to leave ffs

he just said he's not going to extend his current deal at the moment. he's got 2 years left

Two years mean **** all. Not long enough. Lets hope and pray this is a misquote.

Thats it going for youngster on the back of the new shirts, had picked Albrighton for the home one anyway.

he's never said he wants to leave ffs

he just said he's not going to extend his current deal at the moment. he's got 2 years left

Two years mean **** all. Not long enough. Lets hope and pray this is a misquote.

Thats it going for youngster on the back of the new shirts, had picked Albrighton for the home one anyway.

yeah 2 years is nothing only one more season and it will be the whole ashley young scenario again.next season will have to be incredible for downing to stay i think

People at the club will know if he intends to sign up if not ship out ASAP!

Great if he does, if not thats fine because am sick of this. Play for the shirt or play somewhere else.

If I was him, I probably wouldnt be signing a new contract either until I knew who was managing us next season and what type of players we're looking to bring in.

Lets not be too quick to get on his back, players can easily be misquoted and he has already come out and said recently he's happy at the club.

I was kind of hoping this was the case also. He has said a number of times he is happy here.

As others have posted, im getting a 'this will spur them into action' vibe from this.

Almost as if downing is trying to get the board to actually do something straight away - with regards to the manager, players coming & going and sorting out his own contract - rather than leave it until a few weeks before the season starts (as usual).

If he does want to go then he is a word removed who has been average for us, death of football, loyalty, MON's fault, Houllier out etc..... :P

AstonVilla seems to be great for getting English players noticed only for them to want to get the **** out. It'll be Bent next, bunch of over paid rocket polishers that never gave a **** about this club, Barry, Milner , Young and Downing can all go and **** themselves along with Randy and that old washed up word removed Houllier.
Is there anyone you do like?
Not to many around AstonVilla at the moment i must say. they are all in it for themselves and not for the good of the club imo.

how can you include Randy in this rant?

Yep, I hope this forces Randy to act swiftly on all fronts. I hope that a new manager is appointed within the next 10 days, and a list of potential signings is drawn up and pursued.

Â