Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the times are reporting hes already agreed personal terms despite no transfer being fee being agreed

Well that's tapping up then. They've spoken to our player without permission. Sue the **** out of them Villa!

Apparently the times are reporting hes already agreed personal terms despite no transfer being fee being agreed

How can this be allowed to happen???

This must go against all transfer rules and regulations!?!?!?

Unless we're in negotiations to sell and officially discussing the transfer fee?

The times have a reporter named Tony Barrett who is a Liverpool fan, he's the same guy who spouted that Young was opting for them ahead of United.

The guy is a douche. When on the times football podcast all he can do is 'liverpool this' etc. load of bollocks - same delusions as many liverpool fans, not actually realising that their club aint that big anymore!

Mat from Talksport just tweeted that he thinks DJ is a gonner! :(

Villamat

"To all asking be about Downing, I believe he will leave within the next few days. #avfc"

McLeish told the fans forum that it would take a "silly bid". I presume that Liverpool have made a bid of twenty mill, if we believe the might that is Talksport of course. If he does go, the board will take more stick.

VillaMatt Matt Smith talkSPORT

Price for Downing is being touted at around the 17-19 million mark, led to understand he has told #avfc he wants out.

Has to be bullshit. He cost 12million with a broken leg!!!

I can't believe we would do a deal unless it was a deal of "Milner" proportions! (ie- 20million +)

If this is true then what a tosser, stood up for him for so long with many others and this is how he repays the club. Agreed with sgc though would take 20m right now. We can easily get a replacement, not a fan of N'Zogbia but at least you know what you're getting with him. (A mercenary who will be off in a season ;) ).

It's all easy and well saying he can be replaced and that we'd get a good deal for £20m but my concern is...

a) can mcleish really find these replacements? let's be honest here.. I certainly have my doubts.

B) why do we assume he will be given the full amount of both AY and Downing sales? I have my doubts they would give him the full amount..

Also as a club we will be very stupid to let him go before replacements have arrived.

Â