The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just seen Rob Dorsetts reporting on ssn this dosnt look like it's barely started.

I totally understand that city wouldn't go straight in at 100mil but would play a slowly slowly approach but they must realise we have no need to sell so its pay up or walk away.

I can see an offer coming in within next few days to test the water possibly starting at 85mil and then play it accordingly.

Imo City have so many attackers grealish will want regular football which he will get but not 90minutes every week.

City will guarantee trophies plus a big payrise but he will effectively not have the big fish tag like he's used to. Any drop in form and he's immediately under pressure from those around him.

For me I want him to stay and carry on the project the owners have.

If he has any doubts he should take a look at matt le tissier and Steven Gerrard they both came close to moving to big clubs but decided against it and both have said they had zero regrets. 

Your dream was to play for Aston Villa your boyhood club and also play for England you've achieved both, domestic  trophies are achievable at the Villa and if all goes to plan Europe could be in the near future so make sure your passport dosnt run out.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Spurs did the same after the sold Bale...  They reinvested poorly...  Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches, Chadli, & Eriksen.  Eriksen was the only standout and Lamela turned into a decent rotation option but the rest were busts and it set the team back several years.  

I personally think the Spurs/Bale situation is badly misunderstood.

After selling Bale they finished in the top 6 for ten consecutive seasons - an entire decade! Before that they often finished mid table.

Yes, some of the initial signings post-Bale were flops, but the money gets recycled to some extent, and also goes on other resources - wages, stadium, training facilities, youth setup, etc. Spurs are in much better shape now then they were then, and a lot of that is down to the extraordinary fee they sold Bale for.

For reasons I said earlier in the thread, I would be gutted if Jack left - and I think it would be a mistake on his part. But clearly there is a price where the club can say “we are getting a good deal out of this”, and we will continue to progress.

What I still don't understand after it has allegedly been a "done deal" for ages according to some, why would Grealish bother doing 3 smiley emojis with love hearts on Buendia social media post of his first day at training a couple of weeks ago?

Edited by Kiwivillan

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What I still don't understand after it has allegedly been a "done deal" for ages according to some, why would Grealish bother doing 3 smiley emojis with love hearts on Buendia social media post of his first day at training a couple of weeks ago?

I think he would really like to portray the narrative of how it was a tough choice for him, he was so tempted to stay, he loves the club etc. So he’ll have to have maintained a charade of a certain amount of engagement with club social media. Either that, or it simply that he was/is still currently paid to be the Captain of this club and has to do such stuff.  If he does go, which I’m sadly pretty convinced of, he’ll say a genuine sad goodbye but he won’t look back.

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So it appears in all of the leaks from the agent and from city there is no release fee, no ridiculous bid and no mention of Jack pushing for the move.

We appear to hold all the cards. 

We clearly don’t otherwise we would have just done what Levy did and say no. In all of this, we’ve not once said “no, not happening, get lost”. It’s always been, we hope he’ll sign a new contract, we hope to build a team around him. If we’re at the negotiating table for a player we don’t want to sell, we don’t hold all the cards.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I personally think the Spurs/Bale situation is badly misunderstood.

After selling Bale they finished in the top 6 for ten consecutive seasons - an entire decade! Before that they often finished mid table.

Yes, some of the initial signings post-Bale were flops, but the money gets recycled to some extent, and also goes on other resources - wages, stadium, training facilities, youth setup, etc. Spurs are in much better shape now then they were then, and a lot of that is down to the extraordinary fee they sold Bale for.

For reasons I said earlier in the thread, I would be gutted if Jack left - and I think it would be a mistake on his part. But clearly there is a price where the club can say “we are getting a good deal out of this”, and we will continue to progress.

It hasn't even been 10 years since they sold him to be fair. He left in 2013.

Also right after they sold him they were in chaos before they signed Pochettino who completely overhauled the team. Too many flops signed by AVB, and they would have went they way Everton are currently going if Poch didn't develop some of their youngsters, despite finishing 5th and 6th. They got lucky their bad buys didn't do much lasting damage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

We clearly don’t otherwise we would have just done what Levy did and say no. In all of this, we’ve not once said “no, not happening, get lost”. It’s always been, we hope he’ll sign a new contract, we hope to build a team around him. If we’re at the negotiating table for a player we don’t want to sell, we don’t hold all the cards.

You got any quotes from the club saying any of that? We have absolutely no clue what they club are thinking or doing.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

You got any quotes from the club saying any of that? We have absolutely no clue what they club are thinking or doing.

Go back to when his agent rang Jim White. The Villa PR machine came out pretty fast with some stuff along those lines. Not direct quotes but definitely fed into media sources. But you’re right, I don’t know for definite, we’ll see what happens.

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I don’t really understand where the resignation to losing Jack is coming from?

City are interested - confirmed

We have prepared a new contract for Jack circa 200k - confirmed 

Jack’s currently on holiday - confirmed

Aston Villa has any interest in entertaining an offer for Jack - unconfirmed

Jack has any interest in joining Man City - unconfirmed 

Man City are currently being investigated for breach of FFP - confirmed

Whats the big deal?? We just went through a similar process with ESR and nothing happened? 

We even made 2 official bids.

Just now, KangarooVillan said:

I don’t really understand where the resignation to losing Jack is coming from?

City are interested - confirmed

We have prepared a new contract for Jack circa 200k - confirmed 

Jack’s currently on holiday - confirmed

Aston Villa has any interest in entertaining an offer for Jack - unconfirmed

Jack has any interest in joining Man City - unconfirmed 

Man City are currently being investigated for breach of FFP - confirmed

Whats the big deal?? We just went through a similar process with ESR and nothing happened? 

Too much smoke. If we were the buying club fans in this situation, no way would we be doubting that this was likely to happen. There would be “it’s happening” gifs all over the shop.

Look, I’m gutted about it, I would seriously love it if there were a massive plot twist and NWSE came good but I think he’s off. I hope I’m wrong. If it falls through now though, we’d be going through the same thing again in Jan. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Too much smoke. If we were the buying club fans in this situation, no way would we be doubting that this was likely to happen. There would be “it’s happening” gifs all over the shop.

Look, I’m gutted about it, I would seriously love it if there were a massive plot twist and NWSE came good but I think he’s off. I hope I’m wrong. If it falls through now though, we’d be going through the same thing again in Jan. 

Nothing has changed last couple of days other than Sam Lee having a cry about people wanting Charity bets on the outcome and Romano tweeting the same bollocks that's been done to death for weeks. It's literally the same nonsense as has been for weeks and now people saying all this smoke and freaking out.

On here there's been loads of It's happening gifs in Bailey Alvarez etc threads and last I checked none have signed

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 4

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Nothing has changed last couple of days other than Sam Lee having a cry about people wanting Charity bets on the outcome and Romano tweeting the same bollocks that's been done to death for weeks. It's literally the same nonsense as has been for weeks and now people saying all this smoke and freaking out

Maybe, you’re right. I hope you are. I just think if reports were incorrect, we’d have heard about it by now. Villa have their own journos. I think Percy would have been fed a little something to say it’s all rubbish that we’re negotiating. Because like people have said, it affects our transfer business. 

53 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You can’t say no if no one has made a bid and where is the evidence that we’re negotiating with City?

As for Levy I’m glad that our owners nor Purslow aren’t playing to the crowd - we’re just getting on with our plans for the season. If I was going to bet money on any player going to City it would be Kane and not Jack.

• Like 1

Â