The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

He was joint top scorer in the HK Sevens.

Two years on the trot hes top scorer in that tournament. He scored the majority of goals (5) against the better sides of the competition.

Who won the tournament? Anybody else stand out? I heard a lot of good things about Daniel Johnson

Two years on the trot hes top scorer in that tournament. He scored the majority of goals (5) against the better sides of the competition.
Who won the tournament? Anybody else stand out? I heard a lot of good things about Daniel Johnson

I think he's brilliant but he won't make it

If he's brilliant then why won't he make it? Can you see him playing at a lower level? I would like to see him at least given a chance

If he's brilliant then why won't he make it? Can you see him playing at a lower level? I would like to see him at least given a chance

So would I but he's 21 now, he would've made his debut by now if he was going to make it, he will have a good career in the lower leagues I'd have thought, he's got great ability

• Thanks 1

I think he should be loaned out, until January.  Get him back once we know he can handle the Championship and then start playing him more regularly.

Failing that, just throw him in again "lesser" sides, see what he can do.

Whatever happened to throwing kids in at the deep end?

We shouldn't keep wrapping these young footballers in cotton wool and then wonder where all the promising young talent has gone.

I think grealish should be given his chance, he's earned a shot at 1st team football, yes he needs to raise his game a level or two but you can only do that playing against quality teams week in week out, I can appreciate protecting keepers and defenders is a good thing as a bad experience could hamper their development but surely an attacking player needs to be let off the leash.

Where would Owen or rooney be had they been sheltered from the 1st team?, I remember rooney playing against us in the youth fa cup final and he looked far from premiership quality and by contrast luke young looked like a worldbeater for us, obviously rooney rose to the challenge and I think grealish would too

• Like 1

Whatever happened to throwing kids in at the deep end?

We shouldn't keep wrapping these young footballers in cotton wool and then wonder where all the promising young talent has gone.

I think grealish should be given his chance, he's earned a shot at 1st team football, yes he needs to raise his game a level or two but you can only do that playing against quality teams week in week out, I can appreciate protecting keepers and defenders is a good thing as a bad experience could hamper their development but surely an attacking player needs to be let off the leash.

Where would Owen or rooney be had they been sheltered from the 1st team?, I remember rooney playing against us in the youth fa cup final and he looked far from premiership quality and by contrast luke young looked like a worldbeater for us, obviously rooney rose to the challenge and I think grealish would too

Look at what Sterling has done at the wreath layers this year sometimes they need just throwing into the side and being told to do their thing. Don't slate them for mistakes just let them scare defences to death. Barclay is another for Everton. Martinez has not pressurised him or dropped him for making errors and he has flourished. 

Methinks we need a change of management though as Lambert does not bring youth players through!

It's a case by case thing. It's far too simplistic to say 'x was thrown in the deep end and it worked' or 'y was loaned out to a lower league club and it worked' and then coming to the conclusion that it'll work with every other youngster. When they're ready, they're ready and some take quite a bit longer than others.   

It's a case by case thing. It's far too simplistic to say 'x was thrown in the deep end and it worked' or 'y was loaned out to a lower league club and it worked' and then coming to the conclusion that it'll work with every other youngster. When they're ready, they're ready and some take quite a bit longer than others.   

I think being a wide player it is easier for Jack to be put into the first team as mistakes won't get punished as much as a central role?

Barkley was brought through slowly though. He's 20 and he had a couple lower league loan spells.

well Moyes didn't seem to know how to deal with him or how to play him and kept loaning him out

Barkley was brought through slowly though. He's 20 and he had a couple lower league loan spells.

well Moyes didn't seem to know how to deal with him or how to play him and kept loaning him out

Nothing to do with him breaking his leg just when he was breaking through and struggling to get back to where he was then?

well Moyes didn't seem to know how to deal with him or how to play him and kept loaning him out

:) absolutely cobblers

Â