The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Yes. Which is not weird either. Most youngsters don`t have a face in fifa, and Aston Villa has neither been scanned by EA this year. For instance, Pogba also has a generic face.

His potential can go upto 90+ if you really want to. 

I know he is on loan but i think that was a big mistake. Lambert took a big gamble on a middlesboro left back last year who hadnt shown the quality grealish has done. Middlesboro fans couldnt believe we went in for him. But back to my point, lambert took bigger gambles last year with championship players and wasnt willing to take this gamble? Utd werent scared to take a chance on an 18 year old and look how that turned out.

Edited by HeyAnty

I am for the extension of a loan, learning his trade out of the spot light at Notts County will do Jack the world of good and toughen him up to the physical and Mental strains of a whole football season without being in the spotlight of having to perform at the top level. If he were to come into our team, and he wasn't physically or Mentally ready then he may struggle and Jack that could put back Jack's develpment by years or even stop it in its tracks. For example, pretty much all of the youngsters we have thrown sdtraight into the first team in recent history, bar Gabby have struggled to perform consitantly down the years. Many have been moved on, and some are still trying tho get there. I think patience is the key here, and I am all for letting the younger lads go and develop themselves in the lower leagues.

With regards to Januzaj working out for Man Utd, he has done very well in his 2-3 games to date, but the difference there is that he is surrounded by top class players throughout the team and will have less pressure on him to perform. Also, the true test will come later when he has been under scrutiny from the top players in the league, and things don't always work out for him. The future does look bright for the lad, but it is still early days to say he is going to be a certainty.

Yes. Which is not weird either. Most youngsters don`t have a face in fifa, and Aston Villa has neither been scanned by EA this year. For instance, Pogba also has a generic face.

His potential can go upto 90+ if you really want to. 

Benteke got scanned this year but dont think any other villa players did.

What is Grealish's position? Central midfield, attacking/creative midfielder, wide player, second striker?

I think it makes sense to expend the loan to Jan and then if as I suspect our season peters out to a mid table finish, we should give him some run outs. Same for Carruthers.

Notts County have sacked manager Chris Kiwomya along with his number two Mick Jones and first team coach Andy Watson following their 1-0 defeat against Preston at Meadow Lane on Saturday. Kiwomya took charge in February, as caretaker boss at first after Keith Curle was sacked and he was then given a three-year deal in March. He brought Jones and Watson into his management team in the summer.

Their development squad manager Steve Hodge is to be in charge of their next league game against Oldham at Meadow Lane on Tuesday night.....

Scary stuff so near to Halloween given this former Villa player who I would suggest is loathed even more than Stewart Downing due to the nature of his departure from our football club could have any sort of influence albeit in the short term on one of our brightest young prospects.  

Notts County have sacked manager Chris Kiwomya along with his number two Mick Jones and first team coach Andy Watson following their 1-0 defeat against Preston at Meadow Lane on Saturday. Kiwomya took charge in February, as caretaker boss at first after Keith Curle was sacked and he was then given a three-year deal in March. He brought Jones and Watson into his management team in the summer.

Their development squad manager Steve Hodge is to be in charge of their next league game against Oldham at Meadow Lane on Tuesday night.....

Scary stuff so near to Halloween given this former Villa player who I would suggest is loathed even more than Stewart Downing due to the nature of his departure from our football club could have any sort of influence albeit in the short term on one of our brightest young prospects.  

Whoahhh! I have changed my mind about Jack's loan now. Bring him back asap, I hadn't realised that Treacherous toad was there.

Edited by NeilS

Any idea on whether he'll be fit for the notts county game on tuesday? Live in Nottingham now so quite a good chance to see him play when I havent really watched him before.

In the squad for tomorrow. Expect him to get 20-30 minutes but no more as hes just came back from injury.

They have played four and a half games without jack and have scored 1.

And have played four and a half games with jack and have scored 9.

Re-edited ^ Thats the team stats with and without jack so far...

Also for the post above i think he has two assists and no goals.

Do u not think he should have been kept at villa and given a few starts because i think that.

Do u not think he should have been kept at villa and given a few starts because i think that.

Kind of mate, I remember saying last season i would have liked to have seen him introduced but then again i suppose its just me being biused and eager for his moment.

However jack's enjoying his loan spell and no doubt it has done him good by getting some first team action at a lower league club first. It also seems Lambert doesn't want to introduce new youngsters into a side that is already very inexperienced which i suppose is also a valid point as that could hinder his progress.

He has also only just turned 18 so you could argue he has got a lot of time... but IMO it shouldnt matter how old he is, If your good enough then you should be given an opportunity. And if im entirely honest it can be quite frustrating going to villa's games nowadays seeing us lack a creative player. Jack wont score you many goals but he will create chances and as i say, I think thats what we need at VP. All in all, i respect anyones view on it, but i dont see how a few sub appearances can harm anyone.

Kind of mate, I remember saying last season i would have liked to have seen him introduced but then again i suppose its just me being biused and eager for his moment.

However jack's enjoying his loan spell and no doubt it has done him good by getting some first team action at a lower league club first. It also seems Lambert doesn't want to introduce new youngsters into a side that is already very inexperienced which i suppose is also a valid point as that could hinder his progress.

He has also only just turned 18 so you could argue he has got a lot of time... but IMO it shouldnt matter how old he is, If your good enough then you should be given an opportunity. And if im entirely honest it can be quite frustrating going to villa's games nowadays seeing us lack a creative player. Jack wont score you many goals but he will create chances and as i say, I think thats what we need at VP. All in all, i respect anyones view on it, but i dont see how a few sub appearances can harm anyone.

Couldnt have said it better. Really is so fustrating watching villa and knowing he is what we are crying out for. At this rate he will get a start for the republic before the villa first team. I wonder if thats ever happened before.

• Like 1

Â