The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know it’s not all about stats but Sterling’s stats in terms of goals and assists are pretty amazing.  They are different players. 

They are different, I don't know how to explain it other then Sterling finds himself in endless quality positions and often walks in to a brick wall, he's pacy but stupid. 

Jack is sublime.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like nothing more then both of them failing and I pray their club fails, every club can fail but one for me, **** em.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You might be right.

At the same time, we were shouting about his 'chances created' stats to showcase how much he brings to the team. We did this in 2018,2019 and last year even before he got the England call up.

It seems like his stats are similar this season in this respect, so we should still praise his performance on that basis. 

City make about 25 shots a game, we averaged about 12 though. Bit different 

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You might be right.

At the same time, we were shouting about his 'chances created' stats to showcase how much he brings to the team. We did this in 2018,2019 and last year even before he got the England call up.

It seems like his stats are similar this season in this respect, so we should still praise his performance on that basis. 

I can’t find these stats anywhere mate.  But you’re right, we did speak about his chances created when he played for us.  He also had good assists stats to go with it though.  Something I’m sure will come in time at city. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

why is he, 6 games, one goal, one assist and one yellow, people can dress it up how they want but as an attacking 100 million pound player its pretty pants IMO. No doubt he will get better but he just might not 

Or you can watch the games and see how well he's playing and not rely on goals and assists, which he's never been massive on anyway.

Remember when Robbie Savage slated him in the Championship because he didn't score enough goals or get enough assists?

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

why is he, 6 games, one goal, one assist and one yellow, people can dress it up how they want but as an attacking 100 million pound player its pretty pants IMO. No doubt he will get better but he just might not 

Remember when Villa played in the Championship and Grealish looked absolutely incredible but non-Villa fans said things like "problem is he doesn't score enough" etc.?  It's this all over again :D.

Here's a sample of the BBC match report for Man City's win over Chelsea (dat link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58606479)

"Grealish wears his £100m price tag lightly, playing with freedom and a smile on his face. He could have had two goals - and certainly should have had one when Mendy saved at his feet - and created opportunities for others.
When he was substituted with minutes to go as Guardiola looked to close out the win, he responded to the jeers of Chelsea's fans with a beaming smile.
This was a job very well done by Grealish - and Manchester City."

Yeah, he sounds like he's being pretty pants :D 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Remember when Villa played in the Championship and Grealish looked absolutely incredible but non-Villa fans said things like "problem is he doesn't score enough" etc.?  It's this all over again :D.

Here's a sample of the BBC match report for Man City's win over Chelsea (dat link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58606479)

"Grealish wears his £100m price tag lightly, playing with freedom and a smile on his face. He could have had two goals - and certainly should have had one when Mendy saved at his feet - and created opportunities for others.
When he was substituted with minutes to go as Guardiola looked to close out the win, he responded to the jeers of Chelsea's fans with a beaming smile.

You do realise that Lawro probably wrote that 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Or you can watch the games and see how well he's playing and not rely on goals and assists, which he's never been massive on anyway.

Remember when Robbie Savage slated him in the Championship because he didn't score enough goals or get enough assists?

Why on earth would I want to watch anyone but the Villa 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I watched the extended highlights and I think he played well but wasn’t anything special. Whoscored has him 9th best player so kind of backs up what I saw too.   He is kind of like the equivalent of El Ghazi in our team. Will contribute and do a decent job but probably one of the least effective attacking players in the team. 

There will eventually come the time where those ‘could have 2 goals’ need to actually be goals. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

He's moved on. So should we. Who cares if he's playing brilliantly or awfully. If SHAs Bellingham thread was this busy we'd be laughing at them. 

F**k what SHA fans think or do. They’re irrelevant in every way.  If people don’t care how he is playing and dont want to even discuss it then it’s pretty simple. Just don’t read the thread.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Why on earth would I want to watch anyone but the Villa 

Well that's up to you, but it makes your opinion on the performances of other team's players redundant if you don't

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Exactly this

He stood out in the championship next to his team mates.  So I think it’s only fair he is still compared the same way. I’ve watched them most games and I honestly haven’t been impressed with him when comparing him to the players around him. Yes he’s been decent but he is not bringing anything to the team that they do not already have an abundance of.

Thats the point I’m making. 

I’ll leave it there as this could go on forever.

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

F**k what SHA fans think or do. They’re irrelevant in every way.  If people don’t care how he is playing and dont want to even discuss it then it’s pretty simple. Just don’t read the thread.  

I mentioned SHA as an example of how I feel this looks and because virtually all of us laughed at their obsession and how they went on and on after he left them. Personally I don't have the interest to sit and watch multiple Man City games and I certainly wouldn't do it just to see how Jack plays. So I read the thread as I see multiple pages have been added and live in the vain hope that something interesting has happened. However it hasn't, just page after page of repeated back and forth adding no value to anything. But if people enjoy that then fair play to them and each to their own. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rds1983 said:

I mentioned SHA as an example of how I feel this looks and because virtually all of us laughed at their obsession and how they went on and on after he left them. Personally I don't have the interest to sit and watch multiple Man City games and I certainly wouldn't do it just to see how Jack plays. So I read the thread as I see multiple pages have been added and live in the vain hope that something interesting has happened. However it hasn't, just page after page of repeated back and forth adding no value to anything. But if people enjoy that then fair play to them and each to their own. 

Fair enough. It’s either discuss Jack or do some work :)

FWIW I’ve always watched a lot of City because I enjoy how they play. So I’ve just continued to do so but now have an interest in seeing how Jack fares at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â