The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

The best bet would be an addidas sponsorship - would be a good way to use nas ' stake in the company 

Same as the potential for them to sponsor us at over market value to pump money in to the club - Adidas are too big a company with Wes having too little a share for them to play that game 

Adidas won't do us any favours 

3 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Yeah you can have as many jobs as you like.

He would maybe get a nice sponsorship deal from addidas worth 100k a week,only payable whilst he plays for villa - or something similar.

Or work as a football advisor to nas   on a football project in Egypt..  nas can pay him whatever he likes.

I do think ffp would consider this flouting the rules- whether it breaks them or not is another matter.

The best bet would be an addidas sponsorship - would be a good way to use nas ' stake in the company. 

If we suddenly see him in loads of addidas adverts and in billboards, you know what's going on! 

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah, I understand and can go along with that.

Splitting his £200k p/w Aston Villa wage across 2 separate companies--not so much.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

More embarrassing stuff from The Athletic

Lets play along here and suggest Grealish DOES want to go and HAS agreed personal terms--that's all well and good, but isn't there the small matter of agreeing a fee with his current club? What if the quoted fee is way more than they want to pay?

This whole U-Turn talk is at best premature and at worst, hugely disrespectful. 

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Lets play along here and suggest Grealish DOES want to go and HAS agreed personal terms--that's all well and good, but isn't there the small matter of agreeing a fee with his current club? What if the quoted fee is way more than they want to pay?

City’s stenographers got their narrative - Grealish showed a lack of ambition etc. 

I find it remarkable this journalist can claim talks are so advanced they can publish it but then doesn’t dismiss that Jack will stay and sign a new deal. It’s hilarious arse covering. 

• Like 1

standard journo. so annoyed i've been sucked into the athletic thinking it was different. just covers all outcomes so can say he was right either way.

As far as I know there’s an agreement between the two clubs over what the fee would be.
Personal terms have obviously been discussed because that’s how City and most clubs do business. You think this is football manager? The personal terms get done before the transfer fee.
Don’t know if Pep has spoken to Grealish. Good chance but I can’t say for sure.
No medical obviously as he’s just got back from holiday.
No contract submitted again, of course, because it’s not done, as I keep saying.

I’m also aware, first hand, of the rumours from those close to him that he would sign a new deal. But as of the weekend, at least, City were not expecting any problems.

I’ll even give you a little idea of how firmly it’s been sourced.

I was told it’s all done bar the paperwork on July 2 by a source I trust. I was then told by what I consider my best source on July 6 that that is indeed the case.
Last Monday I was told a very ITK-sounding rumour about City’s preparations at the Etihad. I’ve checked those out and I am confident they’re true.
At the weekend, that trusted source of mine said there were no issues as of that day.
There’s also info from colleagues both here and at other publications (not printed) that it is heading in one direction.

Don’t forget that the usual burden in journalism is for double sourcing! Just two.

Like I’ve said all along, I can’t predict the future. Will he sign the contract? That’s where it’s heading, but City had even more prep done for Dani Alves and Laporte (in 2016), and Liverpool had pics of Fabinho in the kit before it fell through (year before he signed). I know there’s been talk around him that he could sign a new deal, and obviously as a reporter (as you lot are proving by giving me such a hard time already) that makes me wary. But the information to the contrary is very strong, and that’s all I can go by.

If you can find me a journalist who’s as open as I’ve just been then you’re doing well. I hope you appreciate the effort that’s gone into this response.

And I hope you stop using the empty phrase “clickbait”.

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

If Grealish does end up leaving then this whole ambition/challenge for trophies aim this club currently has dies for me. However OTT that may sound. 

It's not OTT. Grealish is absolutely pivitol to us progressing. Not only is he an elite player, he attracts other top level footballers to the club. Off the field he brings in new fans& sponsors as well as raise the profile of the club and increase merchandising sales. Jack is basically the brummie Messi in that regard. Losing him at this juncture would set us back five steps. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

U turn is a media excuse for calling Grealish a bottler if he stays. City have history in that 🙄 called Kaka a bottler when he didnt want to join them from Milan 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

More embarrassing stuff from The Athletic

This bloke is basically saying we've let Jack agree terms etc before our owners/manager have had a chance to sit down with him and discuss his future face to face, which, let's be real is a ridiculous fantasy. There's no way we've let him do that before we've put our contract in front of him? That's not how successful business men work, especially those intent on competing at the highest level and when dealing with a team with the financial clout if City. Pie in the sky bollocks from Sam Lee. 

Edited by The Other Mat

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s genuinely embarrassing stuff - I wouldn’t put my name to that. The Athletic is a joke. 

Evans was the worst villa  reporter I’ve seen in the last 40 yrs -why would anyone pay to read his opinions ? 

• Like 2

I know it’s not what we want but Sam Lee is a far more respected journo among City fans than say that waffle merchant Gregg Evans is to us. 

It’s not what we want to hear so we just instantly dismiss it all but fair enough he’s been quite open through this whole thing. 

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

If Grealish does end up leaving then this whole ambition/challenge for trophies aim this club currently has dies for me. However OTT that may sound. 

#foldtheclub

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Probably the most frustrating part is even if Grealish does end up signing another new deal, we’re just going to replay this whole situation yet again next summer. I’ve tried to pay very little attention to this saga because for whatever reason I think he’ll stay but Christ this is getting tiresome now. 

If he was to stay and then we signed Bailey within these next couple weeks, wow what a statement that would be to everyone. 

Now I know how Spurs fans feel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Evans was the worst villa  reporter I’ve seen in the last 40 yrs -why would anyone pay to read his opinions ? 

it's not gregg evans but this guy doesn't seem like he's any better

This Sam Lee is really pissing me off throwing all his eggs in the nearly done basket then giving himself an out with this 'U-turn' bull.  

He'll claim the plaudits though if it was to happen despite having not known anything.  Absolute trash journalism.

Edited by Wainy316

Â