The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Grealish didn't decide the order of penalty takers ffs. Why is his "heart" being criticised when it wasn't the problem? For all we know, Grealish wanted to take the first pen.

I haven't criticized Jack and I made it quite clear in my original post it wasn't about who was right or wrong, manager, player, pundit or fan.

You can't infer scenarios either regarding Jack, it's all hear say. He's not someone who steps up for Villa to take a penalty.

4 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I haven't criticized Jack and I made it quite clear in my original post it wasn't about who was right or wrong, manager, player, pundit or fan.

You can't infer scenarios either regarding Jack, it's all hear say. He's not someone who steps up for Villa to take a penalty.

So what point are you making, then?

• Thanks 1

He looked gutted to be fair but has been kept on the periphery so much the whole experience will have been soured.

Cannot believe his name is being dragged into ‘the senior pro didn’t step up to take a penalty’ conversation. GS clearly gives him an order number and yet again doesn’t trust him. The lines of Roy Keane will have been amongst those telling him to suck it up and not moan when he was a subbed sub the other night and yet tonight he was supposed to be arguing with Southgate re penalty orders?!

I would have loved to have seen more of him this tournament but have got on board with the team selections as we got so far but the second half was painful viewing today and it was obvious he should have come on much earlier, Mount (who I do like) was poor imo and we looked instantly better when Jack came on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Telling grealish wasn’t crying at full time unlike the Carling cup and play off final he loves villa end off

Those gamed were sad. This game he was pissed because of an incompetent buffoon who makes tactics Tim look like a **** genius. 

13 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I don't need to infer. Grealish has said a number of times if he is in the pitch during a penalty shootout he wants to be taking a pen. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I don't need to infer. Grealish has said a number of times if he is in the pitch during a penalty shootout he wants to be taking a pen. 

Right, plus the one time it has ever happened in his career before tonight he stepped up and scored the penalty. 

36 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Telling grealish wasn’t crying at full time unlike the Carling cup and play off final he loves villa end off

He wasn't involved enough - wasn't allowed to be - to feel the pain of most of the others were going through, and obviously didn't have to deal with the meltdown that comes with missing a shoot-out penalty .  He probably felt unhappy, frustrated and a bit numb.  I think even if England had sneaked it in the shoot-out, his celebrations wouldn't have been as wild as the players who played a longer match.  He'd have joined in, but not with mad abandon (post-England win he might have offered himself up to be one of the first players to be interviewed after the game, since I don't think he would've been incoherent with joy).

Edited by deck

58 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That’s nice, again random stats or comments from you.

Heres a tip, people are judged on their actions.

5 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

That’s nice, again random stats or comments from you.

Heres a tip, people are judged on their actions.

So if all 10 outfield players want to take a pen..are they supposed to just scrap it out right then and there on the pitch as to who wants it more and who is better and taking them? Does that bode well for what comes next? Or do you think that Southgate would have been meticulous in his planning and already decided the order whether the players not involved in the five like it or not.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So if all 10 outfield players want to take a pen..are they supposed to just scrap it out right then and there on the pitch as to who wants it more and who is better and taking them? Does that bode well for what comes next? Or do you think that Southgate would have been meticulous in his planning and already decided the order whether the players not involved in the five like it or not.

When you have a serious thought let me know.

36 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You’ve decided he’s bottled it. A player that has never bottled anything ever. 

I haven't decided anything, maybe you need to look at things objectively than with rose tinted glasses.

If Southgate's narrative is correct and they have been decided on 100's of penalties over the past month in training, where was Jack?

He either didn't participate or wasn't seen to be good enough by the coaching staff in the sessions to be in the Top 5, take your pick.

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Have you ever seen Keane not name names?? Your right Keane doesn't know the situation, but he has more than enough experience to know that a 19 yr old in his first tournament probably wasn't the right time to blood him and some of the leaders in the team probably should have protected him.

Sorry, can’t agree with this at all.

Who would say ‘sorry boss, but Saka shouldn’t be taking penalty number 5?’  That undermines the player.

All you can expect of each player is to say ‘I’m willing to take one.’ And not hide.  
You can’t start saying someone else should or shouldn’t take one.

What was he supposed to do? Walk up to Saka, take the ball out of his hands and say go back to the half way line little kid?

This is the same ‘little kid’ who was being picked ahead of him ffs! 
If these players haven’t got the balls to handle pressure, they should be playing.

It was poor decision making from Southgate.

ANYONE disagreeing with Southgates penalty order would either have come across as arrogant, or dented the confidence of the player that they said shouldn’t take the penalty. That should be pretty obvious to ANYONE. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thug said:

Sorry, can’t agree with this at all.

Who would say ‘sorry boss, but Saka shouldn’t be taking penalty number 5?’  That undermines the player.

All you can expect of each player is to say ‘I’m willing to take one.’ And not hide.  
You can’t start saying someone else should or shouldn’t take one.

What was he supposed to do? Walk up to Saka, take the ball out of his hands and say go back to the half way line little kid?

This is the same ‘little kid’ who was being picked ahead of him ffs! 
If these players haven’t got the balls to handle pressure, they should be playing.

It was poor decision making from Southgate.

ANYONE disagreeing with Southgates penalty order would either have come across as arrogant, or dented the confidence of the player that they said shouldn’t take the penalty. That should be pretty obvious to ANYONE. 

Yes you can, its called leadership. Leadership by the manager and leadership from the senior players.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Â