The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Jack is fantastic at pressing for villa just re watch the Liverpool 7-2 if you want a reminder 

He's not *terrible*, but he isn't Mount. He isn't good enough at it for what Southgate wants. 

I have watched every single minute of Jack's career, so I'm at ease with my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For the record I would start Grealish on the left, every time, assuming fitness. 

But I'm sat at home on my arse with a hangover rather than preparing for a European Championship semi-final.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

38 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Sorry what? 🤨

Yeah England should go back to just playing the 11 best players and not pick cohesive teams for different opposition. Lampard and Gerrard with Scholes on the wing. That worked out so well. 

That's different. Southgate is playing an inferior player in a position Grealish plays. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We could skew that argument whichever way we wanted to though.

We can do:

A. Southgate is an idiot / Hates Jack / Is Mounts Sugardaddy etc.

or 

B. It actually shows that Jack is valued by Southgate, enough to be included in the squad and take part, whilst not even being at 80 percent.

I've got an idea of which is more realistic.

It’s a statement not an argument mate. Villa hat on I don’t want our most prized asset playing if he isn’t fit. Genuinely surprised the club have let him go if he isn’t fit. Pretty sure Smith said he was 100% fit, prior to the tournament. Him playing 90 minutes in both friendlies would suggest he was. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

I said this somewhere yesterday, and it’s still true today, I’m completely at peace now with how Jack has been used for this tournament. He’s had some game time and made vital contributions to the team’s progress. He’s become even more of a star in the eyes of other fans, his profile has been boosted for sure.

My main concern now is that we get him back to BMH in one piece, ready for an exciting Premier League season (with Villa, not Citeh). Yeah, I wanted him to play every minute and become THE catalyst for England’s success, but I realise now that it doesn’t matter about that. He’s done himself proud in the parts he’s played, and the team have managed to get to the semis playing that way (as boring as that way of playing has been). I’m fairly sure we won’t have seen the last of him either, he may well get to score or assist the winning goal in the semi, or the final yet. 

If we get a fit and happy Grealish back, and England win the Euros, then I don’t think any of our complaints can be valid.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's not *terrible*, but he isn't Mount. He isn't good enough at it for what Southgate wants. 

I have watched every single minute of Jack's career, so I'm at ease with my opinion.

This from the poster who defended Tom Fox.

I've been watching villa since the early 1970s. Grealish is the best villa player I have ever seen. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I said this somewhere yesterday, and it’s still true today, I’m completely at peace now with how Jack has been used for this tournament. He’s had some game time and made vital contributions to the team’s progress. He’s become even more of a star in the eyes of other fans, his profile has been boosted for sure.

My main concern now is that we get him back to BMH in one piece, ready for an exciting Premier League season (with Villa, not Citeh). Yeah, I wanted him to play every minute and become THE catalyst for England’s success, but I realise now that it doesn’t matter about that. He’s done himself proud in the parts he’s played, and the team have managed to get to the semis playing that way (as boring as that way of playing has been). I’m fairly sure we won’t have seen the last of him either, he may well get to score or assist the winning goal in the semi, or the final yet. 

If we get a fit and happy Grealish back, and England win the Euros, then I don’t think any of our complaints can be valid.

My main concern is if we win the Euros, Jack will think he hasn’t really played that much a part of it and decides he wants more. Realistically he has more chance of doing that away from us. If he was a regular starter for City, he would 100% become a regular starter for England, the media would make sure of that!

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

This from the poster who defended Tom Fox.

I've been watching villa since the early 1970s. Grealish is the best villa player I have ever seen. 

I did what sorry? And if that’s the case that at some point I “defended” Tom Fox, what is the relevance?

I’m not arguing that Grealish isn’t that. By ability he’s the best Villa player I have seen. You have missed the point I was making entirely if you think I don’t rate Jack Grealish and you’ve done it just to have a personal dig. 

Bit odd that fella. 

55 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

What on earth are you on about? Are you saying Jack only plays because he's perceived as one of the best 11 rather than actually being effective? Because, I don't know if you know this, but Jack is clearly more effective than Mount and has directly influenced winning at least 2 games thus far. How is he not part of a 'cohesive team'?

**** me.

That is over simplistic. He set up goals so he must be the bestest. Mount has been consistently good for England for a while now and contributes at both ends over the full 90 minutes. Besides, you do understand that Mount and Grealish play in completely different positions and perform completely different roles don't you ? This continual "Grealish is better than Mount" bitching is about as sensible and relevant as saying "Grealish is better than Pickford" !

As others have suggested, during these tournament weeks we should all be England fans first and Villa fans second. I wouldn't care if Southgate picked 11 bluenoses so long as they played well and won the tournament !

Edited by Paul33

If anyone remembers that villa ITK Twitter who called everything right in 2015 then disappeared? Well it just posted for the first time since, about Grealish re signing to be announced this week.

Probably BS.

Calm Down Macho Man Randy Savage GIF

I’m think some of us is over reaction about Grealish didn’t pick near every major game even he is very deserves place starter in XI which he should be there after his performance and form for England. Even Non-England fan or Non-Aston VIlla fan want watch him play as he is enjoy watch and quality footballer, But it is Southgate England (meh)

I’m understand why he (Southgate) did this as he like to play his system which Grealish and Foden didn’t suit. Fair play he bring us win even very utter bored to watch the games, I couldn’t bear watch this way “Don’t Pass to player when he is man marked like less that 5 metres (pass him when they are 10 metres (over 5 metres) I think it is “TOO SAFETY” that why match too bored to watch even it is bring win and clear sheet which some good stuff of Southgate. If Grealish and Foden, Maddison pass to them with risky pass and they could make thing and creative much better that and dangerous, this will bring very best footballer and could win this tournament with right midfield and defender behind them and striker ahead them.

I think Southgate should’ve mixed system to make himself good manger

one for Runner System (His) Sterling and Sancho, Mount - Tight defender and play safety and counter attack from deep or defender weakest pace use this to advantageous.

and one for Possession and creative against who park bus or Team weak against possession or defender weak defend against dribble or killer pass. - (SmithBall or PepeBall, TuchiBall, BieslaBall System something like this) with Foden and Grealish, Maddison (Or Mount at ACM) in start (even Mount in CM with Bellingham or Rice or Phillips).

use both will make his job more easy and flexible will make opponent try hard to figure what we go for.

Be fair on him he is not bad manager, even i still want him get sack…  - he got lucky tourement as easy group minus Belgium that weak team (in WC 2018) that lost Croatia when we should’ve win. That lost Belgium, this tournament same pattern yet beat bad form and slow (they very good if they play fast and good form we couldn’t got chance) and Ukraine they look like too tried and give up after first goal down, that they become lost will to fight back. 

Southgate need stop treat favouritism and tell people why that go opposite his words, deny good form and best player who play excellent for him that bin to give crap player ahead him. Also I never forget what Southgate say to Grealish need play Premiership that pick Phillips when he was in championship, he which should’ve say Grealish is best player yet I’m afraid not pick him the reason he is not fit runner system which i prefer, that why i like Greenwood and Rashford, Sancho, Sterling and use excuse mount and DCL play winger over him (even Watkins could play and work his system well over Grealish) as they fit my mould. (It is would give away plan). To stop make fans moan about him and pressure on him and give direct message to players better relations to club and player even fan.

Also, he should said Grealish did well preform my system and give him chance like he did to Saka. Czech at starter Grealish give assist yet drop against Germany than Germany he give assist and key pass come from bench, yet he is still drop. I think it is very cruel to see him do this, and not deserve treat to it is horrible and cold heart, not fair.

Croatia he should come on as he would bring more goals and assist as they is prefect for Grealish, refuse (even he is best player all the friendly match), and Scotland too late when this games is prefect for him starter. 

Sterling is very poor player but he is bring goals that good enough but he is deserves stay in even utter poor player in general play I don’t like him and never rate him, like most of we didn’t like Treguzant and El Ghazi yet both play shit yet give u a goal (very important and vital to win) even they could give opponent win easy by mistake… Sterling is our “Trez Ghazi” 

Sometime Cold Heart can bring effect and focus win and safety the games, to make fan bored, control the squad to united to win tournament, yet it is good management to win and maybe cup first time since 1966!

Chill out, Let enjoy your summer.

Happy Football GIF by DAZN

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WHY said:

If he was a regular starter for City, he would 100% become a regular starter for England, the media would make sure of that!

I still can’t believe people are peddling this rubbish.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I did what sorry? And if that’s the case that at some point I “defended” Tom Fox, what is the relevance?

I’m not arguing that Grealish isn’t that. By ability he’s the best Villa player I have seen. You have missed the point I was making entirely if you think I don’t rate Jack Grealish and you’ve done it just to have a personal dig. 

Bit odd that fella. 

Questionable judgement. Context.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

So you think a player who plays CL football regularly doesn’t stand a better chance of becoming a regular starter as opposed to a player who isn’t? Do you think Mount would start ahead of him if their club teams were reversed, not a chance!

Edited by WHY

Just now, R.Bear said:

I don't know so much.

Brian little and Dennis Mortimer two of our greatest ever players got 45 minutes England game time between them.

Sure that was a long time ago. The weakness in the injury argument is that Grealish was ripping it up in the championship and the PL for many months before Southgate called him into the squad.

I don't think playing for villa enhances your England prospects Vs playing for spurs or man u (historically not just current players)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't know so much.

Brian little and Dennis Mortimer two of our greatest ever players got 45 minutes England game time between them.

Sure that was a long time ago. The weakness in the injury argument is that Grealish was ripping it up in the championship and the PL for many months before Southgate called him into the squad.

I don't think playing for villa enhances your England prospects Vs playing for spurs or man u (historically not just current players)

1 player out of the 1982 European Cup winning team went to the 1982 World Cup (Peter Withe) he didn’t play a minute.

• Like 2

Â