Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just watched the pilot of Snowfall. I like it so far.

Surprised I never knew about this before. 

Great show. Still going strong after 5 seasons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep, loved it. Also found it pretty shocking! 

Agree Jon Bernthal was superb.  I hated him.

Hide contents

Loved the scene where he stared at the commissioner and didn’t look away.

Yeah, if an actor can elicit a strong emotion from you, they've done a good job. Disgust is the operative word here with Bernthal. He WAS Wayne Jenkins. 

He also nailed the Baltimore accent. I thought that he must've grown up around there, and it turns out he did.

The DOJ Civil Rights Lady was really good too. And rather attractive!

Great acting from top to bottom, really. I wish there was more of it to watch. 

I hope Simon does more cop stuff because it's better than his non cop stuff. 

Although Show Me a Hero was really good too, but nobody talks about that one.

• Like 2

From memory show me a hero started slowly and so thick i found it overwhelming and a bit boring 

The actor making you hate his character.. Its why joffrey was so good, I'm sure the guy who played him has unretired but him walking away was a shame because he was absolutely superb, completely sold the bastardness of him, I'd happily argue he was the best actor on the show 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

From memory show me a hero started slowly and so thick i found it overwhelming and a bit boring 

The actor making you hate his character.. Its why joffrey was so good, I'm sure the guy who played him has unretired but him walking away was a shame because he was absolutely superb, completely sold the bastardness of him, I'd happily argue he was the best actor on the show 

Show Me a Hero was definitely slow at the start and never got that pacy at all. And at another time I mightve quit on it. But I'm glad I didn't. Once it hooks you you can't look away.

• Like 1

Started Top Boy, lasted 15 minutes. Baltimore wannabees with shit music, no thanks. 

Moved on to Outer Range, that's more like it. Very intriguing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Started Top Boy, lasted 15 minutes. Baltimore wannabees with shit music, no thanks. 

Shame as its very good

And I don't think that's Baltimore wannabees... Its slightly over the top on gun crime but the majority of it is very believable and true to what parts of London are, especially the dialect which I found one of the most interesting aspects of it 

• Like 1

Just finished Troppo with Thomas Jane. 

"An eccentric private investigator with a criminal past recruits a disgraced ex-cop to help solve the disappearance of a Korean tech pioneer in the wilds of Far North Queensland." 

8 episodes. Pretty solid show, nothing amazing but worth a go if you're into your detective shows and not sure what to do next. 

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I liked Top Boy. Thought it was very good. 

I couldn't get past the soundtrack, awful shite. 

For anyone thinking of watching the latest Netflix Resident Evil show, just don't.

It's 95% young adult drama sprinkled with just enough familiar Resident Evil varnish so they could make a trailer.

Lance Reddick is great but wasted on this and it feels like they spend all of their budget on that giant CGI caterpillar in the first 5 mins of ep 1. Goes from slug to slog after that.

It's just content with a recognizable IP. 3/10 raccoon do-do

Netflixs omstart av "Resident Evil" får officiellt premiärdatum,  teaseraffischer - Jugo Mobile | Tekniknyheter & recensioner & spel

James May's new show has started on amazon, our man in Italy 

Its OK, not as interesting as Japan but that's not his fault, I like programmes like this, casual travel shows that make you think you should go somewhere even though you will never see or experience what he's there doing 

Not all of his dad jokes hit but its still watchable easy TV 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

James May's new show has started on amazon, our man in Italy 

Its OK, not as interesting as Japan but that's not his fault, I like programmes like this, casual travel shows that make you think you should go somewhere even though you will never see or experience what he's there doing 

Not all of his dad jokes hit but its still watchable easy TV 

Yeah I quire liked it. It's pleasant TV.

Just now, tomav84 said:

anyone watching the new resident evil? struggling a bit with it...not as good as i was expecting

I quit after 3 or 4 episodes.

Â