Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm one of those :D 

Although I would not say they always suck but I do have a problem with the actors. Feels like there's only 10 or so actors and they are in everything. The talented ones are off to Hollywood so these shows kinda suffer for me.

There are some quality shows and actors thou of course. Might give s1 of Bron a go at some time.

Do it. The cast is superb, especially the Danes🤪

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ozark is 29th april

Stranger things is may 27th for part one and then 1st July for part two

Resident evil TV show 14th july

Umbrella academy is 22nd June 

Hate when they split the season into 2 parts. 

Curious to see how they Elliot Page's character in Umbrella Academy after his (hopefully that's the correct usage) transition. Assuming they'll write it in? 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Curious to see how they Elliot Page's character in Umbrella Academy after his (hopefully that's the correct usage) transition. Assuming they'll write it in? 

The wife was trying to tell me that yes they have, called Arthur or something 

The 2 part thing seems to be a Netflix thing which I would uneducatedly guess it gets them some sort of contractual benefit or something somewhere, they're increasingly doing it with all of their big shows 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

They have indeed written it in.

He's now known as Victor.

• Like 1

Finished Pam and Tommy 

Episode 2 was so bad I nearly gave up but by the end when it reveals more about what it actually is its very good

Spoiler

It's hard not to feel sorry for her, seems strange that the 90s weren't that long ago yet Leno can do interviews like that, made me wonder what we're watching and doing now that we'll be embarrassed by in 20 years time 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2022 at 16:52, villa4europe said:

Finished top boy

Really enjoyed it, like that they've seemingly updated the street language "say no more, still" maybe it's trying for a theme of one problem after another but overall it felt disjointed, it didn't have the bonafied antagonist of the last series and at the same time Jamie, sully and Shelley are all weaker characters (not sure what they could do with Shelley saying that) but Jaq makes up for all of that, she's brilliant in this, also thought that the non gangster real life problem stuff wasn't as good as the last series, they should have spent more time with stef and tia 

Definitley worth a watch, season 3 was just better 

Just watched all of this, having not seen any of it before.

Yeah have to agree, the third season felt like the most concise story, more focussed. I was going back and forth on who I wanted to come out on top.

But as you say the fourth is good too.

Spoiler

I kinda felt like they weren’t sure what to do with Jamie. I thought there was going to be more Jamie showing up Sully, Dushane being impressed with him and giving Sully the cold shoulder, Sully getting angry, etc etc. 

In fairness I won’t mark it down for not doing what I thought it would, I just feel like there was more they could have done with the dynamic between the three of them. They didn’t really touch on it until the last few episodes.

You’re spot on about Jaq, there’s loads of eye catching characters, but I often feel she’s the one that stands out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just watched all of this, having not seen any of it before.

Yeah have to agree, the third season felt like the most concise story, more focussed. I was going back and forth on who I wanted to come out on top.

But as you say the fourth is good too.

Hide contents

I kinda felt like they weren’t sure what to do with Jamie. I thought there was going to be more Jamie showing up Sully, Dushane being impressed with him and giving Sully the cold shoulder, Sully getting angry, etc etc. 

In fairness I won’t mark it down for not doing what I thought it would, I just feel like there was more they could have done with the dynamic between the three of them. They didn’t really touch on it until the last few episodes.

You’re spot on about Jaq, there’s loads of eye catching characters, but I often feel she’s the one that stands out.

Spoiler

I think it's tough for Michael Ward because he is a proper actor and about to move on to bigger and better things and after blue story (good film watch that too) he maybe doesn't want the London black kid gangster role to kind of be what he is 

He's now filming a Sam Mendes film with Olivia Colman and Colin firth 

But at the same time with Netflix it's hard to tell but top boy feels like its getting a lot bigger

Jamie - I need to watch the episode of small axe with him in it, what's it the spoiler is watch blue story

Sully - kano has signed up to be in Daniel Kaluuya new film 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished Pam and Tommy 

Episode 2 was so bad I nearly gave up but by the end when it reveals more about what it actually is its very good

Hide contents

It's hard not to feel sorry for her, seems strange that the 90s weren't that long ago yet Leno can do interviews like that, made me wonder what we're watching and doing now that we'll be embarrassed by in 20 years time 

It was a solid 7/10. The three leads were excellent and it was entertaining enough. 

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It was a solid 7/10. The three leads were excellent and it was entertaining enough. 

Yeah the leads definitley see it through and even though at times none of them are likeable that's on purpose I felt 

There's definitley enough good there to make me watch her Netflix doc when it comes out 

• Like 1

Finally got around to Fargo, season 1 completed, loved it. As a lover of the Coen Bros original and not being much of a fan of either Martin Freeman or Ewan McGregor, I'd put it off for too long. It's quality, Billie Bob is the bomb, season 1 was brilliant. One ep into S2 now, good start.

• Like 4

Â