Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Brooklyn 99 has been brilliant all second season.

Hoping a third gets commissioned and aired quickly!

It should do . The good thing these days is that sites like Netflix will back a show if they think it will do well , even if the TV moguls think otherwise.

Brooklyn 99 has been brilliant all second season.

Hoping a third gets commissioned and aired quickly!

Easily the funniest thing about at the moment (Silicon Valley runs it close, but with less of the Lols)

Season 3 starts in America this Autumn, hopefully we won't be too far behind.

That first episode of Humans was pretty strong.  It'll be interesting to see where episode 2 goes now.

I want Anita to come round and clean my place. I'd pay extra if there's a massage software option with a happy ending too.

I would definitely have her wearing something more appealing though. 9/10 would bang.

It's been talked about for ages, but the TV adaptation of 'American Gods' has finally been confirmed.

I was hoping it would be placed in the hands of HBO, but 'Starz' have apparently paid a fortune for the rights to do it.

Slightly concerned, but it's being helmed by Bryan Fuller and Micheal green, who both have a reasonable pedigree.

If you haven't read the book, it's absolutely brilliant. If they do a good job, this could be excellent. Much better on TV (as long as they have the production budget), a film wouldn't have done it justice imo.

Slightly disappointed with the OITNB closer. 

Cliffhangers set up half-way through the episode then completely forgotten about in favour of a light and fluffy but seemingly inconsequential moment.

• Like 1

It's been talked about for ages, but the TV adaptation of 'American Gods' has finally been confirmed.

I was hoping it would be placed in the hands of HBO, but 'Starz' have apparently paid a fortune for the rights to do it.

Slightly concerned, but it's being helmed by Bryan Fuller and Micheal green, who both have a reasonable pedigree.

If you haven't read the book, it's absolutely brilliant. If they do a good job, this could be excellent. Much better on TV (as long as they have the production budget), a film wouldn't have done it justice imo.

ooh that could be good fun. I loved that book - been a few years since I've read it, may need to have a re-read of it soon. The best Neil Gaiman book I've read. 

• Like 1

Its been a bloody long time since I've read it but I'm very much looking forward to American Gods but with it clearly in my mind that it'll be very much an adaptation of the source. There are things in that book that no TV studio is going to broadcast. And the book is at times probably not ideally suited to a switch in medium, so the show will tinker things to develop into a more arresting experience for the viewer.

It's not Gaiman's best book, IMO, though. His best is Good Omens ;). Which, when someone finally manages to film it, will inevitably ruin it.

I got a 8 hour flight so need a good program to watch back to back. It has to be on the level of the wire, sopranos, GoT, breaking bad etc in terms of quality.

Any suggestions ?

Vikings?

Gotta admit that wasn't one I thought of. Is it really good?

Good: cast, script, attempt at historical accuracy or at least plausibility, plot which gets better with each episode and series.

Bad: occasional viking/christian/pagan religious mumbo jumbo bits can drag.

That sounds a bit like Rome which I enjoyed. Vikings it is. Cheers.

It better be good!

• Like 1

I got a 8 hour flight so need a good program to watch back to back. It has to be on the level of the wire, sopranos, GoT, breaking bad etc in terms of quality.

Any suggestions ?

That's high standards!

IMO:

The Shield and True Detective

• Like 1

Any suggestions ?

That's high standards!

IMO:

The Shield and True Detective

Both on the level of the ones I mentioned? I could have added Rome to that list. Really enjoyed that.

Dexter and TrueBlood is the ok to pass time standard I guess.

Well, of the ones you mentioned I have seen The Sopranos and The Wire.

The Shield for me, is very nearly as good as the Wire and in some aspects, I think it is better (more action packed, more suspense).

True Detective is short (8 eps?) but very well acted. I like it a lot.

I really like 24 as well for action. 

• Like 1

Â