Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

They should round it off with a Luther film (2 hour Jesusmas special?) and call it a day before it gets dragged out any longer.

Here's a bit from Wikipedia about it -

As early as 2011, Idris Elba had expressed his enthusiasm for making a film adaptation of the series, saying, "That's where the ultimate Luther story will unfold, is in the big silver screen — London as a huge backdrop and a very menacing, horrible character to play against." During a BBC Radio 4 interview in March 2012, co-creator Neil Cross revealed that plans were being made for a Luther film that would begin production at the conclusion of the third series, the show's last. In May 2012, Elba stated in an interview that the third series would serve as the lead-in for the planned film.

In September 2012, Neil Cross announced that he was in the process of creating a spin-off of Luther centred around the character of Alice Morgan staring Ruth Wilson. Cross stated, "The BBC is very interested in the project. The only real question would be how many and how often we would do it - whether it would be a one-off miniseries or a returning miniseries, a co-production or not."

So it could be interesting if they're still going to do the film and Alice spin-off, they've incorporated the ideas in to the third series, the two things will be one and the same or they'll never happen.

Lost a bit of its edge imo, no sense of peril.

I think this may be the result of him

getting away so often, similar to how you know Tom will never catch Jerry type attitude, we as a viewer have lost a bit of the sense of danger whilst watching

Anyway, hurry up and bring back Sherlock!

I echo those sentiments!! :detect:

Edited by 8pints

Idris Elba is getting to big for britain now he belongs in Hollywood imo

A Luther movie would make sense

a very underrated actor and i wish him every success especially because he's british

Sherlock is the best show to hit TV in the last decade.

Although it could be argued they're films in their own right. Still. Wonderful stuff, can't wait for the third installment.

Dont get me wrong I Love breaking bad. Recommended it to all my friends as a must watch show. HOWEVER it's pissing me off how overrated it's becoming. Reading comments calling it 'the best show ever' puts me off it. Not even half as good as sopranos or the wire. Some of the story lines are ludicrous. My order of top US shows are:

The wire / the sopranos

Boardwalk empire / game of thrones / breaking bad

Dexter/ entourage

Its all opinions and each to their own but no argument that breaking bad is as good as the sopranos or the wire

Edited by donnie

Dont get me wrong I Love breaking bad. Recommended it to all my friends as a must watch show. HOWEVER it's pissing me off how overrated it's becoming. Reading comments calling it 'the best show ever' puts me off it. Not even half as good as sopranos or the wire. Some of the story lines are ludicrous. My order of top US shows are:

The wire / the sopranos

Dexter/ entourage

Its all opinions and each to their own but no argument that breaking bad is as good as the sopranos or the wire

definitely opinions.

i would put:

1) Game of Thrones

2) Breaking Bad

3) 24

4) Battlestar Galactica

5) Prison Break

6) Lost

7) Homeland

8) The Wire

and i just didn't like The Sopranos at all.

The wire / the sopranos

Dexter/ entourage

definitely opinions.

i would put:

1) Game of Thrones

2) Breaking Bad

3) 24

4) Battlestar Galactica

5) Prison Break

6) Lost

7) Homeland

8) The Wire

Prison break, lost and homeland better then sopranos and the wire?! You serious Bro??

The wire / the sopranos

Dexter/ entourage

definitely opinions.

i would put:

1) Game of Thrones

2) Breaking Bad

3) 24

4) Battlestar Galactica

5) Prison Break

6) Lost

7) Homeland

8) The Wire

Never seen any of those.

The Woody Allen documentary on BBC1 last night was excellent. Part 2 this evening (although I'll probably miss it due to the Springsteen gig).

Prison break, lost and homeland better then sopranos and the wire?! You serious Bro??

yes. 

Sopranos watched the first 5 episodes and then gave up because it was sooooo boring.

The Wire S1 was very good, but couldn't get into S2, so stopped watching.

Each to their own.

My List would be something like this

1. The Wire

2. The Sopranos

Everything else

Â