Luke Young admits he'll leave Villa Park this summer

MR.Smalljob

One thing i would say is we defintaly need a new rb if we are to be a top side. If MON doesn`t think Young is better than Cuellar then fair enough, but one thing is for certain, Cuellar is not good enough at rb for a CL team.

how can it be claimed that mon has put so much complex reasoning into carlos' selection with regard to the tactical balance of the team when he was also doing things like selecting carew and heskey in the same side at times or not chaging formation to shut a game out??? there is no deep tactical reflection, its just the same "chosen" xi players every week until something beyond his control ie suspension or injury forces a change, nothing more.

MON is a tactical genius don't you know? :lol:

Conversely, MON is tactically inept. Anything good that happens at Villa is an accident.

This interview has determined nothing.

There would be a lot less pissing of pants if people just chilled out a bit and waited to see what happens in the transfer window before passing such strong and stubborn judgements.

'Oh but I have a different opinion to you, you need to accept this' etc etc- This is just an excuse for a polarised and pre conceived agendas. Whatever. People are welcome to them, but they make these transfer threads a waste of time.

I do feel sorry for him because I think he's fantastic. But at the end of the day, MON is the manager and a good one at that and we have one of the best defenses in the league. You may argue that it could be better with Luke, but it may also be worse.

Disappointed if he does leave.

I'm really bothered by this, MON goes out and buys Young, which I thought was a shrewd move, and the boy played very well. But for reasons unknown, he ends up on the bench, while gangly Cuellar plays out of position all year and eventually runs himself ragged.

He never mouthed off, seemed like a solid teammate, admits he was in the best shape of his life....wtf are you thinking, O'Neill?

Now we'll be short a RB heading into the new season. Does anyone think we'll sign someone better than Luke Young?

how can it be claimed that mon has put so much complex reasoning into carlos' selection with regard to the tactical balance of the team when he was also doing things like selecting carew and heskey in the same side at times or not chaging formation to shut a game out??? there is no deep tactical reflection, its just the same "chosen" xi players every week until something beyond his control ie suspension or injury forces a change, nothing more.

MON is a tactical genius don't you know? :lol:

Conversely, MON is tactically inept. Anything good that happens at Villa is an accident.

This interview has determined nothing.

There would be a lot less pissing of pants if people just chilled out a bit and waited to see what happens in the transfer window before passing such strong and stubborn judgements.

'Oh but I have a different opinion to you, you need to accept this' etc etc- This is just an excuse for a polarised and pre conceived agendas. Whatever. People are welcome to them, but they make these transfer threads a waste of time.

whats pre-conceived about watching young for a season and then cuellar for a season and deciding young is better than cuellar at right back? f*ck all to do with agendas.

I like LY but it's no surprise that those who can't get into the first team feel a bit sour. Playing a more defensive RB with our midfield is tactically sound and we've almost certainly won more points this season as a result. If we had a more mobile, defensive minded holding MF I'm sure we'd have seen more of him, but that's just the way it goes.

Don't know how anyone can say he hasn't been treated fairly; he's been well paid, made loads of apps and treated very compassionately. Would be great to keep him for his versatility, but this seems unlikely. Good luck to him!

Also, remember, this is just one side of the story - how often do you hear the club slagging of players and crying sour grapes?

It'll show what a great right back Luke Young is by the standard of club that come in for him. I wouldn't have thought it will be one with in the top 8 of the Premiership.

Bit harsh, he has almost been forgotten by his own manager never mind by others.

Any scouting would have to be done with videos as he has not played for so long...

It'll show what a great right back Luke Young is by the standard of club that come in for him. I wouldn't have thought it will be one with in the top 8 of the Premiership.

Bit harsh, he has almost been forgotten by his own manager never mind by others.

Any scouting would have to be done with videos as he has not played for so long...

He played 43 days ago, same as nearly every player in the league.

Of all the strange things O'Neill has done as Villa manager, this is the most baffling. Young is one of the best right backs in the country, and Cuellar isn't. Cuellar against Blackburn in the cup was one of the worst individual defensive displays of the season. Not having a decent right back for two years, finally buying one, then treating them like this is utter, utter madness. Cuellar himself quite clearly wants to play at centre back, so this just doesn't make any sense.

He played 43 days ago, same as nearly every player in the league.

Played regularly throughout the season put his performances in other mangers thoughts?

Not had the chance, so which club comes after him has no reflection on his ability.

We signed Heskey ffs!

Just more bollocks to shift the blame from MON not playing and possibly getting rid of a player for god knows what.

Played regularly throughout the season put his performances in other mangers thoughts?

Not had the chance, so which club comes after him has no reflection on his ability.

Great logic :shock:

You telling me that if Messi didn't play for a whole season and then got put up for sale, none of the big clubs would go for him, because they haven't seen him play for a while? :crylaugh:

You telling me that if Messi didn't play for a whole season and then got put up for sale, none of the big clubs would go for him, because they haven't seen him play for a while? :crylaugh:

So I guess by you and the others who support this stupidness....since Cuellar has been so great at right back...and been better than Luke...the top clubs should be beating down our door trying to sign this new Spanish RB sensation. please stop. :lol:(AS A RIGHT BACK).

So I guess by you and the others who support this stupidness....since Cuellar has been so great at right back...and been better than Luke...the top clubs should be beating down our door trying to sign this new Spanish RB sensation. please stop. :lol:(AS A RIGHT BACK).

I'm not the one making out Luke Young is the second coming of Cafu and I wouldn't claim the same about Cuellar. The fact that he'll struggle to find a top 10 side should tell you all you need to know.

I'm not the one making out Luke Young is the second coming of Cafu and I wouldn't claim the same about Cuellar. The fact that he'll struggle to find a top 10 side should tell you all you need to know.

Nobody is making him the second coming of Cafu apart from you.

But most agree that he is on par if not better than Cuellar, its MON and his favourites gang which is the reason he doesn't play; that along with daring to be a bit annoyed playing LB.

I'm interesting to know how you know he'll struggle to find a top 10 club?

If he is so average and not needed to be sold any old manager might sign him, including good ones; as i say MON signed Heskey who is shit!

Nobody is making him the second coming of Cafu apart from you.

But most agree that he is on par if not better than Cuellar, its MON and his favourites gang which is the reason he doesn't play; that along with daring to be a bit annoyed playing LB.

I'm interesting to know how you know he'll struggle to find a top 10 club?

If he is so average and not needed to be sold any old manager might sign him, including good ones; as i say MON signed Heskey who is shit!

I don't know, but we'll see, won't we....?

Heskey is loved by Capello, Benitez, MON, SGE, Houllier, Bruce etc.....he clearly does something right.