Luke Young admits he'll leave Villa Park this summer

MR.Smalljob

Its interesting how alot of villa fans rate MON's man management skills yet with young it seems he's **** up royally,

But as we don't KNOW why MON made this decision should we accept what a disillusioned player says?

Its interesting how alot of villa fans rate MON's man management skills yet with young it seems he's **** up royally,

But as we don't KNOW why MON made this decision should we accept what a disillusioned player says?

conversely why should we ever believe what the manager says, by that logic?

conversely why should we ever believe what the manager says, by that logic?

But the manager hasn't actually said anything, that plus no one said you should, the point being made was that you are only getting one side of the story and as the player is somewhat disillusioned he's going to paint himself in the best light possible and not everything he says should be believed

I wonder how many more improvements could be made if O'Neill humbled himself to do the same with some of the other players, particularly some who are not playing

it's always the same. Forget what you've done this season martin, I'm going to have a moan because it's clear we'd have done better if you'd done what I wanted.

We lost 6 premiership games all season, do you not think cuellar played any part in that? No doubt you'll tell me we probably would have lost less if young had played.

I wonder how many more improvements could be made if O'Neill humbled himself to do the same with some of the other players, particularly some who are not playing

it's always the same. Forget what you've done this season martin, I'm going to have a moan because it's clear we'd have done better if you'd done what I wanted.

We lost 6 premiership games all season, do you not think cuellar played any part in that? No doubt you'll tell me we probably would have lost less if young had played.

I think we also drew alot, and Cuellar, MON and his tactics and decisions have alot to do with that. alot of those draws could have been wins easily with better tactical nous.

Exactly. When I read these moans it's always the same assumption that things would have been better had MON done things different. The people who always complain never consider the option that we might have done worse in games had NRC or young played or if we'd played 4-5-1.

Exactly. When I read these moans it's always the same assumption that things would have been better had MON done things different. The people who always complain never consider the option that we might have done worse in games had NRC or young played or if we'd played 4-5-1.

Equally, the opposite is true, which you've left yourself wide open to.

You can't say we won't have done better.

Equally you can't say we won't have scored a penalty in every match L.Young played.

Those draws that a lot of would have been losses in previous seasons ie .......... Everton at VP

Now whilst I agree, I think you'll find that Everton at VP has only been lost by us twice since the last time Everton won the league (I know this because I remind them of this stat every year in work :mrgreen:)

Equally you can't say we won't have scored a penalty in every match L.Young played.

that's kind of what I'm saying though. No one can know so why do people use it as a reason to complain about the manager.

No matter how we get on there is always someone ready to tell us how much better it could have been had MON done what they wanted.

An absolute disgrace the way he has been treated by MON. He is a good solid right back and arguably the best English right back currently playing.

I will never understand why he was sidelined for Cuellar who I like but the guy is not a right back. I cant really remember him making mistakes

Now we know there's no rift then.

Luke Young's departure will be the penultimate nail in the coffin, and NRC's departure will be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Unless we can replace these players with their equals or better, then I will have very little, or no time, for MON's management of our club.

Potentially, this is one of the most clueless cases of management I will have ever witnessed.

that's kind of what I'm saying though. No one can know so why do people use it as a reason to complain about the manager.

No matter how we get on there is always someone ready to tell us how much better it could have been had MON done what they wanted.

Because it's there opinion.

We're not professional footballers either but if a guy takes a shot on from 30 yards and it goes wide and there is a player wide. We will all say "he should of played it wide"....it's just an opinion that people think would have the best outcome.

away from home, we've used the 4-5-1 system in 8 away games in the last 2 seasons and in all of those games we have won all 8. So obviously although we do have a good away record, you look at past experiences and see the outcome of those results and think "why don't we use it more often"....like beat arsenal last year, 4-5-1. Now I was pretty happy using 4-4-2 at the time but as soon as this game come up, my immediate thoughts were, play it the same way. Man United did, they won comfortably. Everton did, they should of won (drew)....we won last year...it's got generally when teams have decent pace, a good record against Arsenal. We didn't use it, we lost 3-0 and didn't play very well. Now you can't tell me, that I as a fan don't have reasonable evidence to suggest a possible better result could of been produced had O'Neill made a big decisions and dropped Heskey (who was playing well at the time and I certainly agreed with him in the team in the other games around that time) and played an extra midfielder whether Delph, Sidwell or Reo-Coker. (I think all 3 were fit at the time).

our first 2 away games this season, Liverpool, Blues. We won both starting with a 4-5-1 formation. (Blues changing to 4-4-2 to push the game, which is something I like about formation, if needing a goal, you can add something different and change the way you play rather than just striker for striker or playing 3-4-3 or something with the team out of shape etc...)...now our next 5 games after that. We played 4-4-2, lost to Blackburn, West Ham, drew to Wolves, Burnley, Everton. Now again at the time after those 5 dissapointing away results, picking up 3 points from 5 games after last season having so much success away from home using 4-5-1 last year and start of this year, us fans didn't have reasonable grounds to question the selection?

last year, 6 away games 4-5-1 - 18 points.

15 away games 4-4-2 - 14 points.

I can't speak for others but most opinions I have are based on previous experience with success and failure.

When talking about if O'Neill is good in the market, I believe he is very good most of the time. If he spent £10 million on a player, I weren't sure about, I wouldn't slate the signing because I'd have faith that most of time O'Neill has picked out some very good players for this club and he (the signing) would be a good buy for us.

Now we know there's no rift then.

Luke Young's departure will be the penultimate nail in the coffin, and NRC's departure will be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Unless we can replace these players with their equals or better, then I will have very little, or no time, for MON's management of our club.

Potentially, this is one of the most clueless cases of management I will have ever witnessed.

You only started supporting us when MON took over then?

I'd say it's common sense keeping your best right back and 2nd best centre midfielder and if there are issues between them, find a solution! people call MON a good man manager, well I'm seeing no evidence of it here, it's absolutely baffling

Oh and I really rate Luke Young and can't understand why he isn't generally first choice RB but that comment....well It's a joke to be honest.

why is it? I know which I'd prefer to stay out of the 2, people seem content with a manager who's won the equivalent of the Midland Alliance league and a few league cups, Steve McClaren has a better record than him