Luke Young admits he'll leave Villa Park this summer

MR.Smalljob

I really did not rate Cuellar as right back, but he has been very good in our last matches.

Has made me realize I may have been wrong about him.

He was man of match against City, when he had total control over Bellamy.

All this leads me to think that MON is the worst manager I can remember in this club

Get a grip, man. I'm very critical of O'Neill but that's just silly.

His strange team selection, and substitution,his hoof tactics ,the way he treats players,his way to favourites some players and look past others players who maybe should be playing instead? and many of the incredibly bad players he has bought

I was very critical on DOL when he was here and I really thought he was the worst ever, but No,I was wrong!

I don't know,perhaps I just have a bad memory

All this leads me to think that MON is the worst manager I can remember in this club

Get a grip, man. I'm very critical of O'Neill but that's just silly.

His strange team selection, and substitution,his hoof tactics ,the way he treats players,his way to favourites some players and look past others players who maybe should be playing instead? and many of the incredibly bad players he has bought

I was very critical on DOL when he was here and I really thought he was the worst ever, but No,I was wrong!

I don't know,perhaps I just have a bad memory

You do know that for the first time in however many years, we've finished 6th for the 3rd time in a row.

We also finished with the highest amount of points in a Premiership season in a 38 game season than ever before. (I believe, I could be wrong but I think it's right)

You shuld really learn to understand what a bad manager is. The standard of our players are 7th best team in the league, possibly 8th, we are similar quality to Everton in terms of standard of player.

If he was a bad manager and got everything he wrong, we would be in the bottom half of the table. Juande Ramos took 2 points from 8 games with a very talented Tottenham side. That is poor management....finishing 6th with a team that is probably the 7th/8th best in the league is not bad management.

His tactics can be questioned but so can so many other managers if you actually follow that club. Whatever team, you see Man United fans question Ferguson's tactical decisions yet he's not a poor manager is he?

that's just the nature of the game. To say he's one of the worst managers is absolutely laughable. An absolute joke of a comment to be honest. It's not about how he does it, it's about what he does.

It really defies me how people can debate this, i don't care where we have finished etc, point is we could have possibly finished HIGHER if we were playing the right team and the right subs were used. Anyone with half a brain can see the benefit of having Luke Young as a pose to Cuellar in the team. One of our problemns was SCORING, why we drew so much, lack of ideas on no balance of attacking threat from the right side aside from the winger. All the best teams use TWO proper full backs. Not just for the sdake of using two fullbacks but for the obvious tactical benefit, add to that that Luke Young is very good fullback, everybody knows that, and he is better at that position than the person who kept him on the bench!

You do know that for the first time in however many years, we've finished 6th for the 3rd time in a row

Maybe you should thank Randy more for that, not sure MON would get us near 6th with Doug as the boss

To say he's one of the worst managers is absolutely laughable

Maybe it's laughable to you and others, but it's not for me

and if you can live with only finish 6th every year,then fine by me, but tell me what is good by finish 6th? so we can play in the cup we did not even take seriously?

You do know that for the first time in however many years, we've finished 6th for the 3rd time in a row

Maybe you should thank Randy more for that, not sure MON would get us near 6th with Doug as the boss

Randy knows his business. Probably why he think its crazy to see another man at the helmet than O'Neill.

So I agree with thanking the long term thinker Lerner for giving us O'Neill and keeping him several more years.

I agree with Bicks. He's nailed it for me. He's out for tactical reasons and we, I suspect, would probably look more vulnerable with a more adventurous RB in place than Cuellar.

I'd rather Young stayed but to be honest, he's not played and we've been fine, and he's not so amazingly good he's completely irreplacable.

Are you 10? What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

are you 10? are you not aware that some people may have a different opinion than you

To say he's one of the worst managers is absolutely laughable

Maybe it's laughable to you and others, but it's not for me

and if you can live with only finish 6th every year,then fine by me, but tell me what is good by finish 6th? so we can play in the cup we did not even take seriously?

No. It's a league position. It shows you how well you have done. I don't care what 6th gives us more just that we are the 6th best team in the league.

As I said, if your a bad manager, you don't finished 6th on a regular basis unless you have a team of super stars.

Can I ask you Smalljob, is Moyes a bad manager because Everton with a similar quality team finished below Villa and also Moyes has never beaten O'Neill in the league.

I disagree with alot of things O'Neill does but what you said is one of the most ridicolous i've ever heard. Nearly as bad as Bent is better than Rooney comment in my opinion.

Are you 10? What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

are you 10? are you not aware that some people may have a different opinion than you

There is opinions then there is just the absolute crazy.

If you don't rate him as a manager, fair enough but worst at Villa?

A guy who's finished,

11th, 6th, 6th, 6th.

Yeah. Worst ever.

Ill be gutted to see young go. He's clearly the best right back at the club and is also excellent cover at left back. Would be madness to let him go but I've become used to these stupid decisions that our manager makes from time to time.

He's been treated desperately unfairly and every man and his dog knows he is our best right back, inclduing carlos cuellar who I feel sorry for. He looks like a clown at right back.

I think he has been treated unfairly as there are games that Cuellar didnt play well at all but still stayed in the team. I thought you only kept your place if you played well. Says a lot about our team that we got so high in the league with a player looking so out of sorts in the team. Theres defintaly been times when Young needed to start a game.

I agree with Bicks. He's nailed it for me. He's out for tactical reasons and we, I suspect, would probably look more vulnerable with a more adventurous RB in place than Cuellar.

I'd rather Young stayed but to be honest, he's not played and we've been fine, and he's not so amazingly good he's completely irreplacable.

I understand your point but saying we`ve been fine is daft. What if having a more adventurous rb would have given us more balance and attacking intent at home. We may have won a few more of the games we drew which ultimatly cost us 4th position. We don`t need to be so safe at home, we need to win.

how can it be claimed that mon has put so much complex reasoning into carlos' selection with regard to the tactical balance of the team when he was also doing things like selecting carew and heskey in the same side at times or not chaging formation to shut a game out??? there is no deep tactical reflection, its just the same "chosen" xi players every week until something beyond his control ie suspension or injury forces a change, nothing more.

No its definitely his choice, no one can force a player under contract to leave, see the NRC topic for proof of that

Who has ever said that its the loss of his brother that is keeping him out of the team? I remember MON saying the death of his brother might have affected him and his decision to retire from international football but not that he wasn't playing him because of that

Someone also said that Luke Young was better than Delaney, that is simply wrong imo

The other rumour is that Luke Young slags off MON at every available opportunity and has done for some good time, if thats true its hardly showing your loyalty to the team and maybe that is why he doesn't play as often.

What you talking about of course its MoN's choice. Luke Young has stated his desire to do well for this club and enjoys it here, but he cant get in the team because MoN plays cuellar there instead. So Martin has said he caqn go - martins choice.

And yeah the thing about his brother i meant on his mental condition but that was obviously not why he wasnt getting in the team.

And this about him slagging MoN off...where on earth has that come from?

how can it be claimed that mon has put so much complex reasoning into carlos' selection with regard to the tactical balance of the team when he was also doing things like selecting carew and heskey in the same side at times or not chaging formation to shut a game out??? there is no deep tactical reflection, its just the same "chosen" xi players every week until something beyond his control ie suspension or injury forces a change, nothing more.

MON is a tactical genius don't you know? :lol: