The New Condem Government

bickster

Hard to read the Huhne texts and not feel a bit sorry for him.  He seems to have destroyed his relationship with his son through his actions.

I can't see how they can justify publishing that.  Almost all of them are entirely irrelevant to the case, this sort of thing shouldn't be in the public eye. These scumbags will do anything to get a few more eyeballs on their ads.

yippeeeee we get rid of the tories who havent been great and we get ed miliband and that other clown ed balls instead the countries saved!

can anyone actually trust that these two would even be remotely better??

i have no faith whatsoever in any of these parties, i would be in favour of just giving a completely new party a opportunity i mean cant be worse that tories or labour??

im thinking greens or UKIP

Hard to read the Huhne texts and not feel a bit sorry for him.  He seems to have destroyed his relationship with his son through his actions.

I can't see how they can justify publishing that.  Almost all of them are entirely irrelevant to the case, this sort of thing shouldn't be in the public eye. These scumbags will do anything to get a few more eyeballs on their ads.

Right sentiment, right argument. Wrong time to deploy it.

The texts are a matter of public record,having been read in open Court. They are entirely relevant because they clearly show the damage done to Mr Huhns relationship with his son because of his actions.

Chris Huhne finally pleads guilty. Could be looking at prison and all for a few points on his licence.

His crime was lying about his actions.

What will happen to those who uttered the far more serious lies which took us into Iraq and led to all those deaths?

Was just about to say about public record but then I see that Eames already covered it above.

Edit: And I'd be interested to see what happens if his (ex-)wife's defence is successful. Surely that can't look too good for him at sentencing and might negate some of the 'early' guilty plea?

Edited by snowychap

Typical politician really, he's known he's been guilty for how long now? But decides to plead guilty at the last opportunity and then obviously resigns (only because he has to). He knew he was guilty but hung onto his little bit of power (and wages and expenses... ) as long as he possibly could. Bit of a metaphor for the Liberal Party really, desperate for power...

Shame we can't ask for all the money back for that length of time.

It's a shame he didn't have the nous to declare himself a bank, then we could all have chipped in to bail the lying devious shit out of his troubles. Perhaps if we all did a few days each, he could be spared to carry on his essential works.

All governments are liars and murderers, to borrow a phrase.

Well I expect my (Tory) MP will be voting for gay marriage, as he is an out gay himself.

Funnily enough, saw him in Morrisons yesterday, buying a crate of Kronenburg.

Typical politician really, he's known he's been guilty for how long now? But decides to plead guilty at the last opportunity and then obviously resigns (only because he has to). He knew he was guilty but hung onto his little bit of power (and wages and expenses... ) as long as he possibly could. Bit of a metaphor for the Liberal Party really, desperate for power...

I totally agree.

But still, I can't help on another level feeling sorry for a man who has ruined his life so badly that he receives text's like that from his son.

I totally agree.

I've not seen the idea mentioned in the media at all, no one has even mentioned how preposterous the whole idea of this has been, its all so normal and it shouldn't be, thats how messed up the political radar of this country is

Â