Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Didn't MON spend all of the European championships slagging Henry off saying he was now past it ?

Probably, and he was right

Not necessarily

Well yeah, cos hes not done anything since he moved to Barcelona. Not done anything since he ran clear in the champs league final for arsenal, to make it 2-0, and made a total arse of it, before blaming tired legs in his post match interview.

A player doesn't match up to the high standards of the Barcelona team - therefore he is "past it"..

Ok.. we'll agree to disagree.

I'd say that he's past it for the very best teams but that he could do a very good job for us for one or two seasons. But is he worth the wages he most probably will demand? Doubt it. And as someone said, he seems to be destined for NY Red Bulls. But maybe JPA could call him up and sway him towards us? :P

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milos Krasic of CSKA? Or have the Real Madrid's of the world etc caught on to him yet?

Another player out our reach :(

The problem is we need to find players like this before they perform on the big stage as while we have no Champs League we'll never get the opportunity to sign them :(

Bastos no chance too, I think the Veloso type of player is our range, but he'd be a big gamble.

Milos Krasic of CSKA? Or have the Real Madrid's of the world etc caught on to him yet?

Another player out our reach :(

The problem is we need to find players like this before they perform on the big stage as while we have no Champs League we'll never get the opportunity to sign them :(

Bastos no chance too, I think the Veloso type of player is our range, but he'd be a big gamble.

I agree with you completely. We need to sign the likes of Krasic before they play Champioons League.

Do we have foreign scouts?

I think we do, but MON is more comfortable staying English and won't take the gamble. Now is the time to take a gamble though as sticking to British based players is very limited. If he looks at Moyes, he's bought several players from inside the UK but has also got good players such as Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov and Pienaar.

I think we do, but MON is more comfortable staying English and won't take the gamble. Now is the time to take a gamble though as sticking to British based players is very limited. If he looks at Moyes, he's bought several players from inside the UK but has also got good players such as Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov and Pienaar.

Are Heitinga and Bily ... , both of which were decent money, any better than MON's signings for similar money but less risk? Pienaar is a good little player but not sure he'd fit into our 4-4-2?

As MON won't play NRC, how about we go for Cattermole? I know he comes across as a a thug - but I feel our midfield truly lacks a destroyer and his bite could make a big difference.

All season long VT has bemoaned the lack of a playmaker and Ireland seems the most likely solution. If we put these players into a 4-5-1 system:

------------------------ Friedel -----------------------

--- Onuoha ------- Cuellar ----- Dunne ------- Warnock

---------------------- Cattermole ----------------------

----------------- Milner --------- Ireland ---------------

---- Young -------------------------------------- Downing

------------------------ Agbonlahor ----------------------

Then I believe we have a better team than last season.

I know I have randomly added Onuoha, but it seems likely L.Young is leaving - and he seems the obvious replacement. Signing Fletcher from Burnley to cover Agbonlahor as the target man and possibly Figueroa to challenge Warnock would leave us, in my opinion, a decent squad. Also, dropping Petrov seems harsh but I feel his lack of mobility in the centre of the park often costs us (especially in the last third of the game).

I feel these are realistic transfers with the money available, and despite not being overwhelming would see us at least challenge for the top 4 again next year.

Are Heitinga and Bily ... , both of which were decent money, any better than MON's signings for similar money but less risk? Pienaar is a good little player but not sure he'd fit into our 4-4-2?

Well Heitinga is an experienced Dutch International, I'm not saying he'd get into our team, he's just an example. Bilyaletdinov has scored 7 or 8 goals in his first season. I don't know if they'd do better then what we've got, the point is they're different options from Europe which have been brought in and have done well. If he continue looking English, teams will price us out as they'll think it's our only option, hence the 15m Cole price reported and the 11m Parker.

I think the only circumstance in which Cit-eh will sell us is Ireland will be as part of a deal for Milner.

That's what I think. Like if we refused to sell him but a week later bid for Ireland what would they say?

I think the only circumstance in which Cit-eh will sell us is Ireland will be as part of a deal for Milner.

That's what I think. Like if we refused to sell him but a week later bid for Ireland what would they say?

If it was the best offer they recieved, they would accept.

id get over it pretty quickly

I really am not that keen on Ireland, absolutely mad and suspect attitude, I don't want the hassle, his ability isn't enough to make me think he'd be worth the hassle his head will bring with him.

And I'd also suspect that Citeh wouldn't sell us a damn thing without Milner playing for them shortly so no worries there.

EDIT - And these player plus cash deals everyones speculating, happen once in a blue moon (boom boom), if we were to buy from Citeh it'll be on it's own merit post a Milner transfer rather than part of the actual deal I suspect.

He isn't that bad a lad tbh.

His heads just not in the right place, but he wouldn't beat a player with a golf club. I think MON can sort his head out and turn him into the player we all know he can potentially be.

I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if he replaced Milner. I would go as far to say he could be better than Milner in that position.

But if we did get him, or even if Milner stays, we need to get a destroyer. Both of them play far up the pitch and leave gaps for poor Petrov to run around trying to fill.

I really am not that keen on Ireland, absolutely mad and suspect attitude, I don't want the hassle, his ability isn't enough to make me think he'd be worth the hassle his head will bring with him.

And I'd also suspect that Citeh wouldn't sell us a damn thing without Milner playing for them shortly so no worries there.

EDIT - And these player plus cash deals everyones speculating, happen once in a blue moon (boom boom), if we were to buy from Citeh it'll be on it's own merit post a Milner transfer rather than part of the actual deal I suspect.

for fear of sounding picky...... how in any way will it Hassle you :)

Any hassle I suspect is on himself, not on his team-mates or anything.

I know he's only had one season in the prem but I really think that Kalinic is going to be one hell of a player. He has impressed me alot and as he has adapted more throughout the season has started to look a very shrewd piece of business by the Dudley lardarse. I'd most definitely take a punt on him. In the right team he'll be something special and at only 22 his fee, once we decide or he does to move on, will be rather hefty!

I know he's only had one season in the prem but I really think that Kalinic is going to be one hell of a player. He has impressed me alot and as he has adapted more throughout the season has started to look a very shrewd piece of business by the Dudley lardarse. I'd most definitely take a punt on him. In the right team he'll be something special and at only 22 his fee, once we decide or he does to move on, will be rather hefty!

Oh no, not again. If he hadnt of hit the post twice and scored twice against us - You would not be saying this

Oh no, not again. If he hadnt of hit the post twice and scored twice against us - You would not be saying this

Do you honestly think I'd pass judgment on a player from one **** game? I don't play FM or whatever it is called now. I rate the kid okay!