Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Hugo Rodallega anyone? id take him in a heartbeat quality young player with bags of talent.

Repeatedley said this.

How much do you reckon his valued by Wigan, and how much you would pay for him?

I'd take N'Zogbia over Hugo though

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugo Rodallega anyone? id take him in a heartbeat quality young player with bags of talent.

Repeatedley said this.

How much do you reckon his valued by Wigan, and how much you would pay for him?

I'd take N'Zogbia over Hugo though

Probably close to 10 mill, to be honest i'd probably have both of them.

Robbie keane deserves a joke thread of his own, he's to old and wasn't even prolific in the SPL in his short time there

id get rid of carew, yes he's a fans favourite but he is to inconsistant and consistancy is what we need.

I agree, 12 goals in 16 games is a terrible return for someone who cost them nothing but his wages.

I agree he's been basically a goal every two games his entire career and has not suffered with injuries. He always runs his socks off, has great vision and sticks the ball away. He would be a good signing for us even if it was only for two years. A proven player at premiership level.

£10 million on Rodallega. Urgh. I'd be gutted.

I think you'd be lucky to get him for that. I'd say Wigan would probably look for more.

I think you'd be lucky to get him for that. I'd say Wigan would probably look for more.

They wouldn't get a buyer though which would suit them if they are ok financially.

Yep. They'd want closer to 15M I think and they'll get whatever a willing buyer would be prepared to pay

I'm not sure about N'Zogbia's consistency.

I've seen him play games when he makes really good runs or scores screamers. But then I've seen other games when I've not even realised he was on the pitch.

(You could say that Downing has the same characteristics I suppose - but I rate Downing higher)

Also - He's been banned for driving because he got someone else to take his theory test for him.. I wonder if that is something that would put MON off him

Robbie keane deserves a joke thread of his own, he's to old and wasn't even prolific in the SPL in his short time there

id get rid of carew, yes he's a fans favourite but he is to inconsistant and consistancy is what we need.

I agree, 12 goals in 16 games is a terrible return for someone who cost them nothing but his wages.

16goals in 19 games including all.

Robbie Keane is class and definitely offers us something we don't currently have ie guile and creativity in the final third. I don't buy this theory he is too old so providing the price is right I would buy him and Beckford along with Scott Parker, Micah Richards and Stephen Ireland. These 5 players coupled with our already class defence would leave us in great shape for next season. Shorey, Davies, Harewood, Heskey, Bouma and Sidwell to be let go. Would try and re connect with Luke Young and Reo Coker ie fresh start

To me those players added to current squad minus the departures would leave us with fresh impetus to have another go next season and give the manager more creativity and opportunity to rotate as the quality would have gone up a notch